Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE 2K16 development team continue to reveal nuggets about their game. Today they show off a quick video on dirty pins. They mention it is still a work in progress, let us know what you think!

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mercury112491 @ 08/16/15 04:59 PM
Which 2K took over extremely late in development and basically only published.

Watching the video again I'm actually more excited about the new pin meter. Looks a lot better than the old one.

# 22 Trent Booty @ 08/16/15 06:18 PM
Yeah it could make for at nore interesting matches, which I love doing.

I like playing with my brother an having an epic match like Ziggler and Jericho for the IC title in the opener of Payback, just random matches, that steal the show. Hopefully the pin system makes it more fun.

# 23 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/16/15 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I never understood this line of thinking. What is so bad about adding something back into the game that fans want? Who cares if its marketed as a "new feature" or whatever?
Obviously someone cares. It's lazy game developing, and quite frankly, it's lying (if not just not telling the whole truth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
I can guarentee you they don't remove features just because they want to market it all over again.
How could any consumer know either way? We don't have first-hand experience to the development process. What makes you so sure?

# 24 Trent Booty @ 08/16/15 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Obviously someone cares. It's lazy game developing, and quite frankly, it's lying (if not just not telling the whole truth).

How could any consumer know either way? We don't have first-hand experience to the development process. What makes you so sure?
Dude, they made the 2k15 game from scratch. Obviously they couldn't include everything that was in 2k14. What makes YOU so sure they are trying to lie and essentially scam gamers. I'm not the developers biggest fan, but you guys obviously don't understand/haven't been around the game the past couple years.

# 25 redsox4evur @ 08/16/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Dude, they made the game from scratch. What makes YOU so sure they are trying to lie and essentially scam gamers. I'm not the developers biggest fan, but you guys obviously don't understand/haven't been around the game the past couple years.
Also most people don't understand how long it takes to complete a game from scratch. And these developers are making this game in 9 months give or take.

# 26 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/16/15 08:38 PM
Quote:
What makes YOU so sure they are trying to lie and essentially scam gamers.
I said that no one can know either way.

# 27 Reed1417 @ 08/17/15 11:54 AM
The new pin meter looks neat. Looks like it actually gives you a chance to kick out but man I'm excited for this. Once again it just adds to things I can do in game for Universe write ups instead of having to write them in for story sake.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 28 countryboy @ 08/18/15 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettog
LOL because they remove stuff in order to put it back in later. Most of the stuff they remove there is no reason to. They remove stuff instead of just keeping everything and improving on it. The series just goes round and round in circles removing and adding stuff. You say you don't understand. I don't understand why anyone is ok with that. I just want the series to be great again in the end. I would love to have great wrestling games like we use to have years ago.
Maybe they have a reason to remove something and then re-introduce it. I'm not a game developer, so I figure they have a reason as to why they do it.

I don't like when features are removed (like Create an Arena, Create a finisher, etc..) but I don't believe its to simply market it as a new feature.

I'm sure the devs would love to keep things in the game that once were instead of having to "backtrack" per se and re-introduce these old features instead of working on something new.

But then again, I'm not a game developer

# 29 countryboy @ 08/18/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic

I love your argument of "we don't have first-hand experience to the development process" but yet you can be so sure that they are lying and lazy.

Whatever makes your argument right?

# 30 spidertour02 @ 08/18/15 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Maybe they have a reason to remove something and then re-introduce it. I'm not a game developer, so I figure they have a reason as to why they do it.
I'm not a programmer by trade, but I've had to write a lot of code in the past for my engineering/architecture studies. In one instance, I had many, many chunks of code written in one software (a visual modeler), but I needed to rewrite it to work with a different piece of software (a solid modeler). It was structured so that there was a master code that made calls to various chunks of code written in different pieces, with each chunk occupying its own file. I rewrote everything for the new software, and since it didn't require too many changes because the languages were similar between the two, I basically dumped each file of code into the new software and made tweaks to get it to work. After a couple of hours of making each file work on its own, I brought up the master file, ran it, and ... everything broke.

You see, each individual file compiled perfectly, but something was lost in the translation. (It's a lot of technical stuff that I can't recall. One problem I do remember is that the new software had different rules for rounding numbers, so many of the edge conditions in my code were completely ruined.) About half of the files no longer did what they were supposed to do because of the slight differences in the design language. I had to throw out the files that didn't work and recode them from scratch. (This was a problem because of my deadline, but I managed to get it done over a sleepless night.)

I always assume that game programmers run into this when doing a console or engine transition. Some individual features break in the new setup, so they have to throw out all that code and rework it, while the ones that work fine are kept. With the pressure of hard deadlines (and the financial ramifications of those deadlines threatening their jobs), they have to prioritize which files they have time to rework, and a few of them may not be done in time. Those features are set aside for the next cycle.

Some studios choose to recode everything right off the bat to avoid this, though that method has its own drawbacks. A studio that makes a yearly franchise game has to either try and translate everything as above, or they have to bite the bullet and recode from scratch with the knowledge that they won't even come close to getting everything in the new game. It's a balance of time, manpower, and dumb luck.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.