Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE 2K16 development team continue to reveal nuggets about their game. Today they show off a quick video on importing faces in CAS. As always, these are still a work in progress, but let us know what you think!

For more news, details and media on WWE 2K16, check out this page.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 marcuscouch10 @ 08/18/15 09:23 PM
Holy Crap! This looks awesome way better than having to do it on PS I used to screw it up

# 2 Trent Booty @ 08/18/15 09:28 PM
Looks badass, can't wait to do it.

# 3 Sinner @ 08/18/15 09:44 PM
yeah looks nice just hope we can change the color of the face, last year you could have a decent looking face but while playing the game it was so much lighter than the skin tones you could get.

This seems a little different so may work out pretty a little better, look forward to trying it and playing the game.

# 4 wiscowilz @ 08/18/15 09:54 PM
WOW, holy crap. That's awesome

# 5 King_B_Mack @ 08/18/15 10:07 PM
Definitely cool. My question becomes though on a related note. Does this pretty much confirm the talk that Stephen Amell/Green Arrow is going to be a playable character in the game? Seems like a pretty specific person and costume to use in this teaser video, especially with the legal implications of 2K themselves making that character.

# 6 wiscowilz @ 08/18/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Definitely cool. My question becomes though on a related note. Does this pretty much confirm the talk that Stephen Amell/Green Arrow is going to be a playable character in the game? Seems like a pretty specific person and costume to use in this teaser video, especially with the legal implications of 2K themselves making that character.
I don't think it confirms him at all, in fact, the fact that they are showing a CAS face being created I would say it's completely the opposite. I think they showed him simply because he is wrestling at Summer Slam and they wanted to show his face.

# 7 victorkingchamp @ 08/18/15 11:14 PM
Man i am sold! Everything I've seen so far has been great.

# 8 Bolt957 @ 08/18/15 11:22 PM
If they bring back the whole slew of options in CAS like they had in 2K14, then I'll be sold. 2K15 was a bummer for me.

# 9 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 08/18/15 11:50 PM
Very happy to see that, now can't wait to see all the amazing caws people come up with.

# 10 King_B_Mack @ 08/19/15 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
I don't think it confirms him at all, in fact, the fact that they are showing a CAS face being created I would say it's completely the opposite. I think they showed him simply because he is wrestling at Summer Slam and they wanted to show his face.
I don't know. I realize he's involved with SummerSlam, but that doesn't exactly give them license to use his likeness for their video game promotion and certainly not that Green Arrow likeness. Companies tend to air on the side of cautiousness with likeness issues

# 11 Trent Booty @ 08/19/15 12:39 AM
I doubt he's in, I could be wrong though

# 12 Caveman24 @ 08/19/15 08:09 AM
Man that looks amazing!

# 13 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/19/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I don't know. I realize he's involved with SummerSlam, but that doesn't exactly give them license to use his likeness for their video game promotion and certainly not that Green Arrow likeness. Companies tend to air on the side of cautiousness with likeness issues

If there was a problem they would have been sued with as many comic book wrestlers that have been made in wrestling Games in general for likeness purposes. We don't know what happen it's pretty much speculation , if he signed a contract to wrestler they pretty much have free will to promote him in that duration .

# 14 cima @ 08/19/15 11:47 AM
This is awesome, we probably won't have any trouble at all with making Hulk Hogan or anyone else that doesn't appear in the game now...sweet!

# 15 redsox4evur @ 08/19/15 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
If there was a problem they would have been sued with as many comic book wrestlers that have been made in wrestling Games in general for likeness purposes. We don't know what happen it's pretty much speculation , if he signed a contract to wrestler they pretty much have free will to promote him in that duration .
Not necessarily...this is the same as the Madden Draft class scenario. The person that would get sued is the person making the character. And nobody will do it because it's not worth the man hours because you aren't going to get much from Joe Schmoe and you have to pay all of your lawyers fees which could range from 600-800 per hour.

# 16 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/19/15 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Not necessarily...this is the same as the Madden Draft class scenario. The person that would get sued is the person making the character. And nobody will do it because it's not worth the man hours because you aren't going to get much from Joe Schmoe and you have to pay all of your lawyers fees which could range from 600-800 per hour.
Not understanding if that's the case Madden should let players edit draft classes which they don't at all . 2k on the other hand lets players do whatever for their NBA games . EA just been super overprotective since that NCAA thing but anyway I don't think this will be a big deal .

# 17 redsox4evur @ 08/19/15 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Not understanding if that's the case Madden should let players edit draft classes which they don't at all . 2k on the other hand lets players do whatever for their NBA games . EA just been super overprotective since that NCAA thing but anyway I don't think this will be a big deal .
Actually it would be more like th EA MMA fighter share after thinking about it more. They could get a cease and desist order from DC, in this instance, saying remove all of the CAS from fighter share. And remove all the things that make this possible.

# 18 FBall Life @ 08/19/15 10:40 PM
I'm actually really disappointed we're not getting the face scan tech using the PlayStation Camera from NBA 2K15. That was so much easier and looked way better than these photo overlays.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 19 redsox4evur @ 08/19/15 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
I'm actually really disappointed we're not getting the face scan tech using the PlayStation Camera from NBA 2K15. That was so much easier and looked way better than these photo overlays.

Yea I would rather take this over the monsters that were created using the cameras from PS and Microsoft.

# 20 FBall Life @ 08/19/15 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I would rather take this over the monsters that were created using the cameras from PS and Microsoft.
When it worked (I, and many others, never had any problems) it looked phenomenal. Blame those monsters on people using the cameras in poor lighting conditions. Besides, it's much easier to scan your face directly into the game than have to take a picture with a camera, edit via Photoshop, upload to 2K servers, then line it up with you CAS model. See how many steps are skipped? Way faster and way better looking.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.