Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 team shared another screenshot, this one featuring Derrick Rose. Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 King_B_Mack @ 08/19/15 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Not bad....still has that hair helmet thing going on from last year...did he cut his fro this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's much worse man lol. I posted a picture of him in the NBA forum OT thread a couple weeks ago I think.

I think, like last year the haircut is throwing off D in the game. His fro is neat in game, when that **** is super nappy and looks even worse now than it did last year. They gotta get that going in game somehow.

# 22 The 24th Letter @ 08/19/15 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
It's much worse man lol. I posted a picture of him in the NBA forum OT thread a couple weeks ago I think.

I think, like last year the haircut is throwing off D in the game. His fro is neat in game, when that **** is super nappy and looks even worse now than it did last year. They gotta get that going in game somehow.

That is right....he's out here looking like E Payton, haha

I don't know what it is man, the hair is like lego neat or something, makes it look unrealistic. I think his pre update hair looked better last year...

# 23 Calvenn @ 08/19/15 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
That is right....he's out here looking like E Payton, haha

I don't know what it is man, the hair is like lego neat or something, makes it look unrealistic. I think his pre update hair looked better last year...

1000% agreed man!! I was even scared to click on this thread after reading the title. Based on the footage shown at E3, I knew they hadn't changed D Rose from last year. His hair was much better before they patched in his new scan in Live15. I wish they would have just applied the original hair to the new face scan. Hopefully they'll read this and update his hair at the very least ( even though a better head shape is needed). All in all, the game is shaping up splendidly!

# 24 Rob. D @ 08/19/15 10:49 PM
Looks solid, god the jersey necks were ugly in 15 lol

# 25 coolcras7 @ 08/19/15 11:20 PM
His head seems out of proportion from the rest of his body

# 26 Vic Viper @ 08/19/15 11:28 PM
Graphics are on point this year. Derrick's hair needs to be touched up a bit.

# 27 scottyp180 @ 08/20/15 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
alright EA we already know you have top of the line graphics, Its gameplay time now.
My thoughts exactly. The screenshots look nice but after two months of images it's time to see these players in motion. I know we got the trailer in June and the Pro Am trailer last week but we're ready to see how the game is looking in motion now that we are nearly a month away from release. Maybe they are waiting for 2k to make a move but it's about time we see some gameplay from these basketball games.

# 28 Nunubn2012 @ 08/20/15 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron_On_Mars
Honestly, I think the whole "last year, this year" eye thing isn't the case. From what it looks like in real life, D. Rose has a lazy eye. So it's really not an eye sore if you get what I mean [emoji23]

-Gawdnado
The thing that's killing, is the masculinity and bone structure in the face and muscles (and of course the hair), he almost looks like a kid in the face but Russell Westbrook was the same way in the trailer and in the screenshot of Nerlens Noel... The faces are just too rounded but I'm also ready for gameplay...

# 29 cthurt @ 08/20/15 08:57 AM
I cant get to upset at this point since we have seen more gameplay from Live so far then we have from the competition, but im over seeing screenshots esp just the upper half of players, i would rather see a broadcast view screenshot that shows all the players on the court.

# 30 tsbmolina @ 08/20/15 09:47 AM
Does Derrick Rose suffer from Macrocephaly, lol? That is one big azz head, lol!

# 31 bxphenom7 @ 08/20/15 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
Time and time again with these screenshots ..its refreshing to see just how beautifully rendered these players look with the new lighting...

I like giving credit where it is due and the art team for live 16....your work and efforts are dare a say it, well reflected

I really do hope the gameplay section is competent to meet the visual improvements to not stale mate all the visual improvements with lackluster efforts
This is all we can hope for.

# 32 b1baller @ 08/20/15 10:56 AM
Much improvement from last years D-Rose

# 33 JODYE @ 08/20/15 11:25 AM
Of all the likenesses so far, this one is probably the farthest off.

Head/face is too wide, cheek structure is off. Eyes and eyebrows are all wrong. Not a fan of this one.

# 34 Dr. Banner @ 08/20/15 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
After I read this I went back and looked at the screenshot again and immediately thought of Forest Whitaker.

Not sure why you thought of Forrest Whitaker, but ok.

# 35 charlesadams3rd @ 08/20/15 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
Of all the likenesses so far, this one is probably the farthest off.

Head/face is too wide, cheek structure is off. Eyes and eyebrows are all wrong. Not a fan of this one.
You cant be serious. I'll give that the head is a little wide but did you see the real life comparison pic someone posted in here? It's dang near spot on.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

# 36 DBMcGee3 @ 08/20/15 11:53 AM
Looks good other than having Debo eyes.

# 37 westfl87 @ 08/20/15 12:33 PM
he don't have no neck lol

# 38 westfl87 @ 08/20/15 12:36 PM
Still a step up though. Lighting is one of live's strong points because player models aren't. They polish really well. For those that like crisp cut graphics, EA has always excelled.

# 39 iLLWiLL @ 08/20/15 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
Not sure why you thought of Forrest Whitaker, but ok.
Uh, the partially closed left eye, perhaps?

# 40 TreyIM2 @ 08/20/15 01:02 PM
A little off with the wide face/head but it's all good. Game play is where the true test lies. If EA can pass THAT test for me this yr, I may have to cop this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.