Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The trial version of Madden NFL 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to Madden NFL 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: It appears as though it isn't showing up for everyone in the EA Access hub. If you don’t see Madden NFL 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 WaddupCouzin @ 08/19/15 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
Lagged for me in giants stadium, game had fully downloaded before I started it up. I figure tomorrow morning I'll reset my Xbox and see if it continues.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I was fully download as well.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 102 wiimodd @ 08/19/15 11:27 PM

# 103 kwebbvols4423 @ 08/19/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
That's impressive. What's your speeds and who is your ISP?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
I had Uverse which was terrible in my area. 28down and 5 up plan but was never getting that.

Switched to Comcast, bought my own modem and router. Plan is 75mbps down, but I am constantly get 88mbps down (hard wired). Also it is cheaper than Uverse.

# 104 4eva_Erk @ 08/19/15 11:38 PM
After playing 3 games I have dubbed this years madden the year of the super catch lol.. It was nearly unstoppable if u have a big receiver like Megatron or Jimmy Graham..I have to admit it does make it more realistic tho because in a real life jump ball situation there's no way your stopping either of those two... The crowd seems to respond better to the action on the field and the graphics look great

# 105 SoMiss2000 @ 08/19/15 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I downloaded in about 20 minutes; 100 mbps download speed..
Just got 117mpbs and it's stuck on like 75%. Must be getting hammered.

# 106 lewisb01 @ 08/19/15 11:42 PM
I've played one game so far and I got my *** handed to me. I haven't adjusted to hitting those catch buttons so I had a lot of drops.

A fey notes from my game :
Running is not like anything we saw in them youtubers videos (must of been playing on rookie).
3 penalties were called on the other team none on me.
animations are smooth
commentary seemed fresh for the one game we'll see how it holds after a full season.
Wish the whole game was like the opening super bowl 50 sequence. That would take Madden to the next level.

# 107 mooch49 @ 08/19/15 11:47 PM
I have a question. Is it possible to start a franchise using one gamertag, then continuing it with another gamertag? I ask because I purchased 2 trials for a total of 20 hours. I really want to play CFM instead of play now games. I'm just not sure if I start one with the first GT if I can continue it with a second GT.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 108 KingTocco @ 08/19/15 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I have a question. Is it possible to start a franchise using one gamertag, then continuing it with another gamertag? I ask because I purchased 2 trials for a total of 20 hours. I really want to play CFM instead of play now games. I'm just not sure if I start one with the first GT if I can continue it with a second GT.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You could save it offline instead of using the cloud and then transfer the save to a USB and then load it up on the other gamertag I think.

Not sure but you could try.

# 109 munky1307 @ 08/20/15 12:37 AM
So I played the intro and one game (Bengals vs Browns; 5mins)

Thoughts:
- I like the new passing but will take some getting used to. Complex but love that it's finally up to US how we throw the ball.
- Graphics are crisp and lighting is very nice again
- I zoomed in during replay and I saw around 14-15 real HD faces out of the Bengals offensive and defensive starters. SIMPLY AWESOME HD'ness!!!
- I jumped early on D line and the offensive line moved causing neutral zone infraction twice. Very cool to see.
- Also saw 3 offensive holdings, 3 false starts (by away team, Browns) and one defensive holding. Good stuff.
- Running backs roll away from line when I ran into the back of them.
- Only completed one aggressive catch jump ball and it was a touchdown to AJ Green. He had a few catches knocked away earlier by Haden.
- Replays are just damn fun to watch especially with the HD faces.
- Replay angles are MUCH improved
- Madden is definitely moving in the right direction for my tastes. Excited about the future!

# 110 ajs41072 @ 08/20/15 12:44 AM
started downloading at 7:15pm. It went up to 24% in about 15 minutes, and i thought i'd be playing in about an hour or hour and a half. It's now 12:45am (5 1/2 hours later) and it's on 82%.. I was really hoping to get some online games in tonight, but all I did was play the passing tutorial.

# 111 Klocker @ 08/20/15 12:48 AM
graphics look amazing this year...

game play too soon to tell but I'm enjoying the opportunity to learn more complex passing options

downloaded for me in about 45 mins

# 112 4thQtrStre5S @ 08/20/15 01:19 AM
I have played 4 MUT games..The graphics and game play are way above M15...

# 113 dkp23 @ 08/20/15 01:20 AM
ANybody else having issues connecting to EA server?

# 114 Inuyasha @ 08/20/15 01:33 AM
I feel opposite then everyone else on the graphics. I think it was more detailed last year. Something seems a bit off in the lighting. And the colors seem more washed out this year than last years.

# 115 TexasFan2005 @ 08/20/15 01:42 AM
The intro was extremely laggy for me, but once I played a real game it was as smooth as an EA Sports game can be.

Also, a word of advice for those experiencing slow downloads from EA Access: my download was extremely slow until I paused the installation, then restarted it. For some reason it was much faster after I resumed. Hope that helps some people.

# 116 sunnyhmoon @ 08/20/15 04:06 AM
Forgive me as I'm an Xbox/EA Access newbie BUT...

So I downloaded the trial from the ea hub, and then later I entered the code for M16 that came with my Xbox bundle and it went through. On the 25th, do I just keep playing on the same installed game as it turns into the full version?

# 117 blue21 @ 08/20/15 04:24 AM
Every online game I've played has ended in a network connection error and I have top of the line internet connection

# 118 Behindshadows @ 08/20/15 05:04 AM
I see some people are having issues downloading...lol

I got full game downloaded 100% in 42 minutes....I guess having 200mb/s internet does that....Game connected fine and runs fine, minus the beginning of the game before main menu where some of the cutscenes were choppy, but overall it's great..

Not disliking the gameplay, it's a change of pace and graphics are amazing...loving presentation and half-time...short but sweet...

# 119 ballgameronny @ 08/20/15 05:35 AM
It is taking me forever to download and I started at 5 am EST

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 120 ShaiLeGran @ 08/20/15 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Wow!!! Just played the intro, I have to say was the best intro in any football game ever. Wow, just got pumped for madden like haven't in years !!
The actual game should be what the intro is; players talking to each other (depending on the situation on the field and the score), the nice cutscenes and replays they give you..The intro looks and feels really good, just wish there was more of this stuff when actually playing a game. There is not a whole lot of immersion and games feel a bit stale, because of some lack of atmosphere.

The thing I like about FIFA is all these tons of details that make you feel like being part of the game. Not just as a spectator, but as a player. The way you can celebrate with your teammates and subs, the overlays of the PL and Bundesliga.

Then again, there is not much communication between players as well. Madden (and other sports games) should use what Madden 16 does for the intro as a blueprint for actual gameplay immersion.

Just my 0.2 of course.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.