Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The trial version of Madden NFL 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to Madden NFL 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: It appears as though it isn't showing up for everyone in the EA Access hub. If you don’t see Madden NFL 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 tosa @ 08/20/15 06:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with download. I downloaded to 27%, was allowed into game while it downloaded to 49% and then it just stopped. Could still play the PLAY NOW portion but everything else still has a lock on it and says installing. Is this the way it works? Am I stuck with just two teams to play with Cardinals/Steelers or is it downloading in the background, it does not show up in queue anymore. I now have less than 9 hours and still only a partial download.

# 122 marshallfever @ 08/20/15 06:44 AM
So last night I ended up playing a versus match against my brother, Cardinals vs Steelers. From the pre game presentation to the highlights, everything is exactly the same as Madden 15 which is somewhat disappointing. If someone walker in they would think I was playing 15. The biggest difference is the lightning which makes the players look more eeal, but beyond that game doesn't look much different at all.

On the field, it really plays the same as well, however there are small nuances that will take getting used to. The new mechanics and buttons for a lobb pass, a touch pass, a low pass are kind of cool but it'll take a game or two to.really understand.

This game of madden feels more like a refined version of 15 then a big overhaul or even improvement. I need to play some games against the CPU now and do more player skill training. So far in my book it's a solid 8

# 123 kwebbvols4423 @ 08/20/15 07:20 AM
From what I have seen, seems like the EA Access version is choppy (at least for me and others) but retail seems to not be choppy.

# 124 goillini03 @ 08/20/15 07:26 AM
I am using the Access version, but I have yet to notice any choppiness.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

# 125 Poke @ 08/20/15 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
so does this mean we can stream on twitch now without being banned?
People have been streaming on twitch for days now. They gave out 2 free copies to a lot of MUT players as a reward.

# 126 OhMrHanky @ 08/20/15 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyasha
I feel opposite then everyone else on the graphics. I think it was more detailed last year. Something seems a bit off in the lighting. And the colors seem more washed out this year than last years.

Do u have 1080 HD? This game looks nothing like last year to me. It looks super sharp and crisp. The colors pop 4 me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 127 OhMrHanky @ 08/20/15 08:02 AM
There was lag in the sound for me, but only in the super bowl intro. That was the only choppiness I noticed, the voices cutting in and out. The graphics seemed pretty seamless through intro and 1 game of play now and tutorials.

# 128 Poke @ 08/20/15 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
The actual game should be what the intro is; players talking to each other (depending on the situation on the field and the score), the nice cutscenes and replays they give you..The intro looks and feels really good, just wish there was more of this stuff when actually playing a game. There is not a whole lot of immersion and games feel a bit stale, because of some lack of atmosphere.

The thing I like about FIFA is all these tons of details that make you feel like being part of the game. Not just as a spectator, but as a player. The way you can celebrate with your teammates and subs, the overlays of the PL and Bundesliga.

Then again, there is not much communication between players as well. Madden (and other sports games) should use what Madden 16 does for the intro as a blueprint for actual gameplay immersion.

Just my 0.2 of course.
FYI 0.2 is twenty cents

# 129 scottyp180 @ 08/20/15 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
The actual game should be what the intro is; players talking to each other (depending on the situation on the field and the score), the nice cutscenes and replays they give you..The intro looks and feels really good, just wish there was more of this stuff when actually playing a game. There is not a whole lot of immersion and games feel a bit stale, because of some lack of atmosphere.

The thing I like about FIFA is all these tons of details that make you feel like being part of the game. Not just as a spectator, but as a player. The way you can celebrate with your teammates and subs, the overlays of the PL and Bundesliga.

Then again, there is not much communication between players as well. Madden (and other sports games) should use what Madden 16 does for the intro as a blueprint for actual gameplay immersion.

Just my 0.2 of course.
I feel like it is a matter of what you prefer either TV like presentation or the feeling that you are the players on the field or court. You can certainly blur the two, much like the Madden 16 intro, but then you get something that isn't quote tv presentation but isn't quite full immersion. Either way I do feel like Madden and other sports game can do a better job at this.

# 130 scottyo60 @ 08/20/15 08:44 AM
All I can say is thank goodness my xbox 360 died. My fiance felt bad and gave me a xbox one for an early birthday present. Signed up instantly for EA Access.

Played a half Browns (me) vs. Bills and the game feels good. Similar to last year, but better. The money slant route seems dead. I got picked twice trying to run it. Once the S made a play and the other the LB just flowed to his zone. The deep ball with a tall WR will get exploited all over online. Pryor was unstoppable on go routes. Both running games were non existent from RBs. I expect that for me, but wanted more from McCoy and the Bills. Cassel ripped me up, but he never through to Haden's side. Maybe the cpu logic is better?

One fun play. Maybe my favorite in a long time. I ran a read option with Manziel and the end crashed to the RB. It was one-on-one with the S and a LB was sprinting toward. I used one of the LT jukes back inside. The
S hesitated and the LB missed. They crash into each other. Manziel looks down as he takes off running. Idk if I could ever replicate that again.

# 131 F0rl3fclov3r @ 08/20/15 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
Played it for 5 minutes and I will not be buying it. I buy madden every year but this year overly animation based, complexity of controls is unnecessary and cutting doesn't feel like I can stop on a dime and change directions I don't like it.
That's cause you are a cheesy player. Stop using the left stick to cut, it's unrealistic. Use the right stick for your jukes and you should be fine.

# 132 jp7588 @ 08/20/15 08:54 AM
After playing the prologue and one "play now" quarter the main thing that stands out is the annoying frame rate and overall jerky feeling. It's really detracted from my experience so far.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 133 charter04 @ 08/20/15 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Could someone playing the game post a list of Madden 16 player tendencies

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Are you meaning traits? I saw your comment too late on my stream but, I showed it at the end. Should be at the end of my archived twitch stream

# 134 Khanchus @ 08/20/15 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
After playing the prologue and one "play now" quarter the main thing that stands out is the annoying frame rate and overall jerky feeling. It's really detracted from my experience so far.

i hear its 60 fps

your not gonna get much higher than that on console

# 135 jp7588 @ 08/20/15 09:28 AM
What you hear and what I've seen/played are very different.

# 136 ShaiLeGran @ 08/20/15 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
FYI 0.2 is twenty cents
I wrote so much, it felt like 10x 0,02 cents

# 137 TexasFan2005 @ 08/20/15 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
What you hear and what I've seen/played are very different.

This happens to me as well when I play any game on my 55" tv. I'll switch it to my 32" tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Also, I've heard that switching the TV to "game mode" makes a lot of difference, but my TV was calibrated when I bought it and "game mode" just looks worse in regards to colors, sharpness, contrast, etc...

# 138 jp7588 @ 08/20/15 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
This happens to me as well when I play any game on my 55" tv. I'll switch it to my 32" tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Also, I've heard that switching the TV to "game mode" makes a lot of difference, but my TV was calibrated when I bought it and "game mode" just looks worse in regards to colors, sharpness, contrast, etc...
Yeah, game mode just seems to tweak my colors and stuff but doesn't help the frame rate. Reading back through the thread, some people have said that the framerate issues in the EA Access version aren't showing up in the retail. Not sure why that would be, but hopefully they're right.

# 139 the croz 1027 @ 08/20/15 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
i hear its 60 fps

your not gonna get much higher than that on console
Its definitely not running at 60 FPS. It was choppy during intro and at times during games. I think the new catching mechanic may cause part of this. If you do certain type of catchy it seems to go in slo mo for a second.

# 140 Mauer4MVP @ 08/20/15 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the croz 1027
Its definitely not running at 60 FPS. It was choppy during intro and at times during games. I think the new catching mechanic may cause part of this. If you do certain type of catchy it seems to go in slo mo for a second.

I think it's related to EA Access.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.