Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the first extended NBA 2K16 gameplay trailer, titled "WINNING".

Cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis star in the trailer, along with a plethora of the NBA’s top talent. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 iFnotWhyNoT @ 08/24/15 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Lol bro you can see it in the background when Harden is doing it everyone else is running back.

That's one of my most love/hate features of the game now.

Cuz when you're playing a human and you hit a dagger and start celebrating, it's mad funny. But at the same time if it's a close game and your star's not getting back the game just got tied while he's still running up halfcourt.
Hopefully they add the ability to trigger out of the animation when you hit speed burst, then its really up to you to let it play out or run back on D.

I wouldn't put it pass them, they seem to like giving us more control

# 102 VDusen04 @ 08/24/15 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
The gameplay elements shown really excite me.

Constructive Criticism: Having beautiful celebration animations are very welcome unless they trigger too often. One of the most frustrating experiences in 2K15 was being caught in a celebration animation after a basket while a very fast pg like Westbrook or Collison was racing down the court leaving my guy in the dust.

I hope attention is given to the frequency that animations are triggered.
Quoted for emphasis. Those celebrations can be even more awesome if they're context-sensitive and not happening at all times. A made mid-range jumper in the first quarter, in most instances, absolutely should not have a necessary post-basket celebration. Even the ability to limit, reduce, and/or remove post-basket cutscenes would be a nice option.

# 103 Crystar500 @ 08/24/15 12:25 PM
Heard Kevin Harlan when Harden was taking a three. So he's definitely coming back.

# 104 TreyIM2 @ 08/24/15 12:26 PM
Typical sizzle trailer but the big thing that stood out to me was the player emotion. Seems like they've turned it up a notch. Nice. Hopefully crowd reaction has been turned up as well. Lookin good overall, as usual.

# 105 Mauer4MVP @ 08/24/15 12:26 PM
This game needs to come out right now!

# 106 Rams_3 @ 08/24/15 12:27 PM
Eeeeeeee dope trailer. I was gonna get 2k anyways but im really hyped for 2k16. Can't wait LET'S GOOOOO!!!

# 107 woody47 @ 08/24/15 12:28 PM
Kevin Durant and Andrew wiggins had skinny legs as well as built tops. Looks promising art wise. Gameplay is and has always been A1 with tweaks of course

# 108 cdub71323 @ 08/24/15 12:28 PM
I know this may not be the right place, but with Stance socks in, I wonder if they're just going to have the team socks or have all Stance sock products? I want to be able to ball in some Pistol Pete socks

# 109 nova91 @ 08/24/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOfatchicks
2k added the mid calf length socks!!! FINALLY!!!!!
It even looks like you can layer accessories knee sleeve+calf sleeve+socks+ankle brace.

# 110 billman29 @ 08/24/15 12:29 PM
Appears the Suns are making alterations to their court design for 2015/2016. The logo at center shown in the trailer differs from what they've used the last three seasons.

# 111 Eman5805 @ 08/24/15 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystar500
Heard Kevin Harlan when Harden was taking a three. So he's definitely coming back.
Yep. But then, why wouldn't he? Not like he's the one coaching the Warriors.

# 112 Crystar500 @ 08/24/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Yep. But then, why wouldn't he? Not like he's the one coaching the Warriors.

Yeah, but people always talk about shaking up the entire cast, or maybe getting rid of Clark. Just glad to know he is back, since I always think he does a good job.

# 113 nova91 @ 08/24/15 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quoted for emphasis. Those celebrations can be even more awesome if they're context-sensitive and not happening at all times. A made mid-range jumper in the first quarter, in most instances, absolutely should not have a necessary post-basket celebration. Even the ability to limit, reduce, and/or remove post-basket cutscenes would be a nice option.
I thought they had this already.

I absolutely hated when a player like Big Al made a 1Q basket and he would jump around and flex like he hit a shot to end Game 7 of the NBA Finals. I wish the frequency of the celebrations was dependent on the players personality type.

# 114 Goffs @ 08/24/15 12:33 PM
Not impressed till I see a Chris Bosh signature photobomb.

Spoiler

# 115 Teddy_Long @ 08/24/15 12:35 PM
same love in 15?

# 116 The 24th Letter @ 08/24/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxyyz1
idk if they slowed the video down when Harden was shooting but he doesnt have that much of a pause in his shot

Yeah hopefully it was because of the footage cutting....or maybe the person playing held it down too long lok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 117 iFnotWhyNoT @ 08/24/15 12:38 PM
I dont know how i feel about the only westbrook highlight is this...2K taking shots? .... Nah lol

# 118 iLLWiLL @ 08/24/15 12:38 PM
Damn, 2K just slapped Live in the MF'in face with all this media, lol. Things are really looking good in this game.

# 119 jinth0688 @ 08/24/15 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Did I really see Rose skipping celebration?
reminded me a little of how he was after he posterized dragic a couple years back

# 120 seanbarkley @ 08/24/15 12:42 PM
WOAH man!!! really impressed with this trailer! all the facial expressions look sooooo freaking real!

Loved:

- The facial expressions and look alikes (Jimmy Butler made my jaw drop)

- Finally it seems to be more people behind the basket (finally!)

- Finally new body types make Durant or Crawford look like themselves with those long skinny arms and legs.
- The ending!!!

The only thing I didn't like:

- Since it was known that shoes had been scanned this year I thought we were going to find a huge upgrade in this field, but from the trailer I saw the same lowres, flat and no detailed shoes we had last years

But overall... KUDOS 2K!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.