Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the first extended NBA 2K16 gameplay trailer, titled "WINNING".

Cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis star in the trailer, along with a plethora of the NBA’s top talent. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BA2929 @ 08/24/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woshihuxingtan
Only one question, where's Ernie and Shaq? No pre-game show in 2K16?

Come on, man!

# 142 TheBarcaBoy @ 08/24/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Was there any rookie sightings in this trailer I cant say I saw any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvn
Feels like they've gone out of their way to not show rookies, wanted to see atleast a couple
The Only One I saw was the Back of Okafor!

# 143 2_headedmonster @ 08/24/15 01:17 PM
this **** was hard....

# 144 Hassan Darkside @ 08/24/15 01:17 PM
Does anyone know if Create-a-family is in?

# 145 Taer @ 08/24/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I was referring to both. I didn't own 2K15 so I had a very limited amount of time with it. As such, I was not aware of the option to turn off the cuts - glad to know it's in. I still agree those celebrations need to be tempered and/or removed for many, many parts of the game.
Having the celebrations tempered is all I'm asking for. Having the beautiful animations is a good thing.

If you player-lock in League or play MC, the issue is more prominent and with slower assignments (ie Jose Caladron) it really does not hurt you.

If you are facing Westbrook as a pg, the celebration can mean the difference between stopping the fast-break or having your bucket nullified immediately.

Overall, I am very excited with the gameplay on this trailer and if nothing is done I'll live with things as they were in 2k15.

I do feel my criticism is a valid one which should be able to be addressed with some tuning of the frequency with which they fire.

Carry on everyone.

# 146 23 @ 08/24/15 01:20 PM
So many things in this trailer alone, even if it wasn't all current.

I mean Jamal Crawford had some generic shoes on with a 2K logo

They fixed his face too

What other little things did you guys notice?

Dwight still has a chili bowl cut and not a mohawk

Korver didn't have on socks

Harden did the stir with the wrong hand, but we saw that fixed in another shot

The muscle flexing

More than just steph with mouth pieces

New Derozan model

Mike Scott is there

New Wiggins model

Players wearing team stance socks

Harden diving for a loose ball near the middle of the court

Someone running hard trying to get open

Ya boy Perk with New Orleans

Steph's sig floater

Crowd jumping up and down...

Rubio's beard a bit thicker now

That Ant Davis celebration just like he did last season when he hit that game winner

# 147 Eman5805 @ 08/24/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
I wonder if it's anything like Dragon Age 2 where the game auto creates ones that look similar to your CAP.

# 148 CookNBA03 @ 08/24/15 01:20 PM
Kinda disappointed, no Heat clips...

I'm joking, the trailer was sick.

# 149 Goffs @ 08/24/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
Trailer looked sick BUT only my one and only gripe was, ONLY a single frame/section of it had any defensive highlights when Westbrook got blocked, it was all crossovers, poster dunks and players emoting the rest of the time. I know it's a offensive powered league but couldn't even get one AD block, CP3 steal , Lebron playing the passing lanes and going coast to coast with it or a chase down block or someone?
Yeah...I feel you but this is more for the casuals...It is funny though that AD is one of the cover boys you would think that he would at least showcase one monster block. No need to panic though....I'm sure they worked on the defense after all the threads about how bad defense is from 2k15.

# 150 Boilerbuzz @ 08/24/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woshihuxingtan
Fantastic Trailer, 2K never let us down. Only one question, where's Ernie and Shaq? No pre-game show in 2K16?
Do you really think they are gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Yeah...I feel you but this is more for the casuals...It is funny though that AD is one of the cover boys you would think that he would at least showcase one monster block. No need to panic though....I'm sure they worked on the defense after all the threads about how bad defense is from 2k15.
Couldn't agree more! Even that mini trailer of him, no block? It's like the people deciding what goes in these don't really understand what makes that dude SO dope! Pisses me off to see dunk after dunk after dunk. No true appreciation for the finer points of the game of basketball that I think this game does a good job of doing.

And, man! So much sweat... Gross. Cool. But, gross.

# 151 Goffs @ 08/24/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Do you really think they are gone?
I'm hoping they move them to halftime rather than pregame talk.

# 152 HakeemOlajuwon @ 08/24/15 01:24 PM
So beautiful this 2k16

# 153 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/24/15 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
can't tell whether or not aldridge got scanned?

Attachment 105057 you can clearly tell he was

# 154 tony9 @ 08/24/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Constructive Criticism: Having beautiful celebration animations are very welcome unless they trigger too often. One of the most frustrating experiences in 2K15 was being caught in a celebration animation after a basket while a very fast pg like Westbrook or Collison was racing down the court leaving my guy in the dust.

I know the trailers highlight the exciting aspects of the animations so things like ally-oops are front-and-center, I just do not desire these elements to dominate every play. To me they are exciting in the real NBA because they don't happen every trip down the floor.

I hope attention is given to the frequency that animations are triggered.
I absolutely agree with you. There's too many long drawn out celebration animations in 2k15. Not only should the frequency and context of the animations be looked at, but also they need to allow us to break out of them quickly. As soon as you hit turbo the celebration animation should completely stop and be over with so the animations aren't taking priority and control away from what the user actually wants to do.

# 155 The 24th Letter @ 08/24/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside

If I can't create my son and have him interrupt press conferences during MyCareer I'm returning the game ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 156 Teddy_Long @ 08/24/15 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
you can clearly tell he was
i don't have '15 anymore, so i'm going on memory. it seems so.

# 157 stillfeelme @ 08/24/15 01:29 PM
That Curry floater!!! Glad it made it in

# 158 Number999 @ 08/24/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Kinda disappointed, no Heat clips...

I'm joking, the trailer was sick.
lol yea I noticed that too, oh well.

Still a bad-*** trailer. Loved the way Jamal Crawford looked falling down after his shot and Blake's dunk actually looks powerful.

# 159 Teddy_Long @ 08/24/15 01:32 PM
yeah, i was hoping to see bosh and a new wade too (one could hope) lol

# 160 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony9
I absolutely agree with you. There's too many long drawn out celebration animations in 2k15. Not only should the frequency and context of the animations be looked at, but also they need to allow us to break out of them quickly. As soon as you hit turbo the celebration animation should completely stop and be over with so the animations aren't taking priority and control away from what the user actually wants to do.
My gripe with them was not only were they too long, but they were terrible and didn't mimic real life actions. These on the other hand all look amazing.

Btw for those that don't know, the post basket camera cuts are just that. The camera would show the player who just scored running back down the court like a real life broadcast. It's not controlling the frequency of post basket celebrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Was there any rookie sightings in this trailer I cant say I saw any.
Their scans aren't in the game yet unfortunately. I wanted to see D-Russell myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
lol yea I noticed that too, oh well.

Still a bad-*** trailer. Loved the way Jamal Crawford looked falling down after his shot and Blake's dunk actually looks powerful.
Hopefully it sounds like it as well lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
i don't have '15 anymore, so i'm going on memory. it seems so.
He's definitely scanned. He looked like a reindeer in 15 and 14. They also got Jamal Crawford, Deron Williams and Avery Bradley. So here's hoping to all the non scanned guys being in this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.