Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

We have just posted a ton of NBA 2K16 screenshots from the Winning trailer, released earlier this morning.

NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 08/24/15 05:06 PM
Yes, KD and Andrew Wiggins legs are skinny!

# 22 I Djm @ 08/24/15 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
The home Clippers jersey isn't so bad. I kinda like it...That away, though? Uggghhh
They're both terrible quit lying to yourself Attachment 105085

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 23 Halloween @ 08/24/15 06:27 PM
I can finally play in peace now with the Clippers.

Last year, their whole starting lineup but Griffin and most on the bench looked trash. Paul, Barnes, Jordan and Crawford to name the important ones.

I'm glad they got some love because Griffin is a fun player to play with. He has some nice signature post moves.

# 24 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I think you can punch holes at the inaccuracies of uniforms in both games.

My problem with that Live screenshot, as well as what is still being seen in 2k such as this 'Winning' trailer, is prodominantly right-handed players dunking with their off-hand. If it's a simple straight up vertical dunk off 2 feet, or perhaps a quick flush off 1 foot on a fast break, OK. But these games got right-handed dudes performing windmill dunks with their left hand...players who do not have the agility to do so. Live has always done, 2k has done it for as long as I've been playing it, the original Dreamcast 2k Drives me crazy
I feel you on this but I didn't notice any players doing that in the trailer this time. Only player I saw do a offhand dunk was John Wall and he's actually one of the rare players that dunks lefty mostly despite being right handed.
Carlos Boozer is another who does it.

# 25 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Hopefully it's ok that I'm posting this, since I'm not bashing any game or anything like that.

But the other game has really done a great job on the unis. 2k, IMO, is a MUCH better game. But these unis, from the colors to the font size, is much better. Tho the numbers could be a little closer together.
I feel like they both have their good and bad (Live's OKC jerseys are off for example). It's funny though because I remember a couple of years ago the font on jerseys was too small and the colors were all washed out or just completely off. Now some jerseys have too much color and too large a font.

# 26 23 @ 08/24/15 07:05 PM
There's a comparison forum

# 27 lvnba @ 08/24/15 07:06 PM
It's strange to me how can this happen. I mean, the game looks UNBELIEVABLE. All the work they have done scanning players, recreating emotions, body parts, etc, is stunning. I don't understand how something apparently so simple as jersey bar size, font, etc is not 100% accurate.

# 28 baysday34 @ 08/24/15 07:22 PM
I love 2k as much as anyone, and will obviously be purchasing the game as soon as it's released. I love the detail that has been layered on this year, BUT, I really do just need to say that I am VERY disappointed with the graphics, and the department in charge of lighting and texturing.

NOW HEAR ME OUT.

It's one thing to complain about a million little issues that we've long wished could be fixed, but it is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT to now express our anger because they already had the PERFECT lighting engine in 2k14!!!!

Sure, many of you say the court looked too glossy (I disagree completely), but that kind of thing can be locally adjusted. 2k14 managed to, in fell swoop, address ALL our graphical wishes: beautiful lighting, arena specific lighting, perfect skin textures, rich White and Black on ALL accessories and compression (NO GREY), and the shoes were beautiful.

They had the most exquisite and impressive visual foundation upon which they could build and improve with better gameplay for years to come. BUT NO.

For no apparent reason whatsoever, they downgraded. And now, two years later, they can't help but torment us with the same old graphical annoyances that we had to deal with on previous gen consoles.

So I'm sorry, but we have every right to be upset that the lighting and visuals are not AT LEAST where they were at in 2k14.

ok I'm done. go easy on me........ I swear I'm not a troll...

# 29 lakers24 @ 08/24/15 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
It's strange to me how can this happen. I mean, the game looks UNBELIEVABLE. All the work they have done scanning players, recreating emotions, body parts, etc, is stunning. I don't understand how something apparently so simple as jersey bar size, font, etc is not 100% accurate.
Honestly probably is an oversight or is seen as good enough. 2 or so inches on jersey piping definitely comes after a lot of other art things that makes the game look good. I'm a stickler for details too btw.

# 30 RocketTMac1 @ 08/24/15 07:47 PM
Those Clipper away jersey's should be banned

# 31 23 @ 08/24/15 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Those Clipper away jersey's should be banned
Getting rebranded in my MyLeague. That's one of the first things happening.

# 32 RocketTMac1 @ 08/24/15 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Getting rebranded in my MyLeague. That's one of the first things happening.
Moving them or OKC to Seattle

# 33 23 @ 08/24/15 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
Moving them or OKC to Seattle
That's happening too

# 34 countryboy @ 08/24/15 08:00 PM
Quote:
Exactly. And people thought I was being disrespectful when I said they lack attention to detail when it comes to certain things. Things that should be very simple to implement. It's not being disrespectful. It's the truth.

There's really no excuse for the font sizes and striping to be so off, especially when you have pics of the real thing at your disposal. A simple Google search will show you what the unis should look like.
Can I ask you 2 simple yes or no questions?

1) Were you ever present, at any point, for a single second, during the development process of this game?

2) Have you ever worked on, or assisted in any department, during the creation of a basketball video game?

# 35 WTF @ 08/24/15 08:22 PM
Can someone embed the Wiggins screens here? My phone is being stupid trying to bring them up on the main site.

# 36 bxphenom7 @ 08/24/15 08:26 PM
Melo always looks off.

# 37 countryboy @ 08/24/15 08:42 PM
Quote:
No, and no. What are you getting at?
What I am getting at is that you continuously use words/phrases like "easy" "simple" "can't be that hard" "don't care"and then posting the idea that if you were to do it, that it would be done 100% correct, without any knowledge of what goes into coding or creating jerseys in a video game. You also continue to insinuate that the devs are in a sense lazy or stupid, or simply don't care. You say all this, without having any knowledge as to what was discussed, what was planned, what didn't work right, what is easy, and what is difficult. You also have no knowledge of the credentials of those who are making the game, creating the jerseys, and how much passion they have for their work.

So while its certainly ok to be of the opinion and to point out the shortcomings of the game, as compared to real life, its not ok to take shots at the dev team or anyone who may disagree. Its also not ok to question the work ethic and basically insult the development team with backhanded comments.

Comparing and finding fault in created fantasy based on real life is easy. Creating fantasy to replicate real life to 100% perfection is difficult.
Quote:
Are you insinuating that they can't make the font smaller to match the actual jersey? Or make the lines going down the sides of the Piston jerseys thicker like they are in real life?
I'm not insinuating anything because I have no knowledge of what goes on during the development of a video game or how difficult it may or may not be to create jerseys in a video game.

I will insinuate this though. It must not be as easy to create jerseys in video games to 100% perfection, because every game I play and frequent the boards (Madden, NBA, MLB The Show), I see members point out how a particular jersey or jerseys are not 100% perfect.

# 38 countryboy @ 08/24/15 09:01 PM
Quote:
First off, I've been very complimentary of the trailer today. Funny tho, nobody quotes those quotes. Crazy, huh.
Once again, its not that you are disappointed in the jerseys, its how you voice your opinion.

Quote:
Second, I'm not being disrespectful at all. I'm giving my opinion. Period. So you can stop with that. Show me where I called the devs lazy. Stop putting words in my mouth.
Ok, maybe you didn't use the word "lazy" but this here...

"I bet anything that it'd be a 10 minute process to tweak the font size to make it right".

Certainly insinuates it.

Quote:
Are you really gonna tell me that making the font on the Bucks jerseys the proper size (ie: a little smaller and thinner) is some pain staking process? They have other jerseys done correctly. I guess those Bucks jerseys must be special, huh?
Once again, I have no idea what the process is or what is involved in making jerseys in a video game.

Quote:
Stop making excuses.
I never made an excuse. And if that is what you took from what I just posted, then I can say with pretty good certainty, that you're not posting these shortcomings in an attempt to make the game better, you are posting these to draw an argument or an audience, because you for some reason get a kick out of trolling the forums.

# 39 HowDareI @ 08/24/15 09:10 PM
I'm not gonna take sides...

But I agree that a jersey being pretty off comes across as lazy, in the sense that there's a lack of attention to detail. If it's an older build or they fixed it I'll shut up...but from what I've seen the levels of detail in the jerseys and how accurate they actually reflect the designs irl are lacking.

Now things like lighting get pretty technical so I won't dog 2K on that...it's probably a lot harder to get that right than we know.
But the amount of detail in the players' faces and bodies just shows the jerseys need a little more attention if some of these things are getting through.

# 40 countryboy @ 08/24/15 09:11 PM
Quote:
Just stop. You used the "lazy" term before I even mentioned the 10 minute process.

I have every reason to criticize the jerseys when they're off. And, IN MY OPINION, there's no excuses for that. And IN MY OPINION, that should be a simple fix.
And IN MY OPINION you're a troll.

But I digress. No reason is derailing the thread any further.

Take care,

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.