Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Over on our YouTube channel, I took a deeper look at penalties in Madden NFL 16. Penalties are a focus in the game this season, so I tweaked the new penalty sliders and played a game to see what results came about. In the end, Joe Flacco is definitely the star of the show.

It's also fair to confirm that the penalty sliders work. Simply moving them plus-10 impacted the game in a major way. I would say be very careful when tweaking these sliders.

(Note: If you head to YouTube and check out the full description below the video, you will find time stamps for each penalty in the game. If you click a time stamp, it will take you right to that exact penalty.)

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
If the penalties have animations that accompany them, which is cool of course and how it should be...

Does that mean if you lowered penalties to 0 the penalty animations would still occur but not be called?

Meaning with holding at 60 and above the CPU could go into the holding animation but not get away with it.

But on 0 everything they could have the hold, facemask, block in the back, etc animations but not have it called?
It's a really good question, definitely might be worth looking into to see and I'm sure the community will.

# 22 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 09:49 PM
Just going to give this a single bump. Feel free to use this thread for any thoughts you have on penalties or any tweaks you're making to them since now the game is out in the wild.

# 23 T5063 @ 08/25/15 09:53 PM
I played 1 game so far. 15 min quarters with 13 sec. runoff.

I had penalties but I still feel like there were not as much as in a real NFL game. I'm gonna bump up the sliders for next game.

# 24 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I played 1 game so far. 15 min quarters with 13 sec. runoff.

I had penalties but I still feel like there were not as much as in a real NFL game. I'm gonna bump up the sliders for next game.
Good to know, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Would love to just hear some general impressions and tallies of penalty totals.

# 25 wordtobigbird @ 08/25/15 10:22 PM
Going to try CMs suggestions of all the pentlaties plus 1. I dont like the idea that theres a cap. Note that you cant do 51, only 55.

Going to try out the rain too. Steelers vs ravens. Im a big user player so i want to see if i ever get PI called on me.

# 26 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Going to try CMs suggestions of all the pentlaties plus 1. I dont like the idea that theres a cap. Note that you cant do 51, only 55.

Going to try out the rain too. Steelers vs ravens. Im a big user player so i want to see if i ever get PI called on me.
Okay so they do only go in ticks of 5, that's what I thought.

# 27 roadman @ 08/25/15 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah, this is true, only ticks of 5.

I've played 2 games of default penalty sliders and one game with the sliders at 55. There were more penalties called on 55, but RTP was a bit over powered on 55. I think there was at least 3-4 RTP penalties called with the slider at 55.

# 28 wordtobigbird @ 08/25/15 11:19 PM
Quote:
Yup.

15min qtr. 13 sec acc clock. Im pitt up 14-7.
7 penaltie total. 3 were block int he back, two of those on returns one for each of us. Out of 8 total returns. Holding calls on each that were drive killers.
And a facemask i think. I had 15 to their 13 rushes, 16 to 18 passes. So about 30 plays each. Would like to see more secondary calls but there hasnt been much action to the wrs outside the hashes.the TEs are the leading recievers.

As far as general impressions go. Thank god the cpu qbs have brains now. Flacco had a sick spin out of a sack and was avoidin pressure intelligently. Threw the ball away. Only took one sack and barely got rid of another that couldve been. I think on some of those plays defensive holding wouldve been called with the extra time he bought but its all good. Love the feel.

# 29 bcruise @ 08/25/15 11:20 PM
Quote:
Good to know, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Would love to just hear some general impressions and tallies of penalty totals.
I've played one full game of Cowboys-Dolphins (124 plays) with everything on 50. Saw 4 Offensive holding, 1 DEFENSIVE holding, and 1 glitched encroachment.

# 30 ChaseB @ 08/25/15 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I've played one full game of Cowboys-Dolphins (124 plays) with everything on 50. Saw 4 Offensive holding, 1 DEFENSIVE holding, and 1 glitched encroachment.
Sweet on all the holdings. I haven't seen a defensive holding yet. In the replay did it look legit or did you not check it out? My early feeling is only a couple things will need to be boosted +5.

# 31 Sphinx @ 08/25/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, this is true, only ticks of 5.

I've played 2 games of default penalty sliders and one game with the sliders at 55. There were more penalties called on 55, but RTP was a bit over powered on 55. I think there was at least 3-4 RTP penalties called with the slider at 55.
It's true but only on the main screen. If you're inside cfm, you can adjust in increments of 1 instead of 5. No idea why.

# 32 roadman @ 08/25/15 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
It's true but only on the main screen. If you're inside cfm, you can adjust in increments of 1 instead of 5. No idea why.
Thanks for the tip, that is interesting.

# 33 Sphinx @ 08/25/15 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thanks for the tip, that is interesting.
Yeah, I noticed it earlier. Also it looks like the offensive holding slider is bugged. No matter what you change it to, it will go back to default of 50.

# 34 bcruise @ 08/25/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Sweet on all the holdings. I haven't seen a defensive holding yet. In the replay did it look legit or did you not check it out? My early feeling is only a couple things will need to be boosted +5.
Yeah, it was legit. It was along the sideline on a press, Carr grabbed onto Jennings trying to slow him down and just wouldn't let go until about 10 yards.

Actually, I just remembered I took a video of it. Not a close up, but if you look closely on the left that's where it happened.

# 35 ChaseB @ 08/26/15 12:32 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed it earlier. Also it looks like the offensive holding slider is bugged. No matter what you change it to, it will go back to default of 50.
Weird, why would that be the case? WEIRD. Good knowledge on the increments.

Bummer on the offensive holding slider bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, it was legit. It was along the sideline on a press, Carr grabbed onto Jennings trying to slow him down and just wouldn't let go until about 10 yards.

Actually, I just remembered I took a video of it. Not a close up, but if you look closely on the left that's where it happened.

Nice yeah he's definitely still tugging beyond the five yards.

# 36 Smallville102001 @ 08/26/15 01:09 AM
I have only played 1 game with all penalties sliders at default 50 and I had 8 penalties but 4 of them where glitched encroachment so that is not good. So really I only had 4 penalties. I had 1 PI on me and 1 holding on offensive. The CPU and 1 offside and one fail start and that was it in a 15 minute game with accelerated clock at 15 and like 136 plays.

# 37 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 08/26/15 03:53 AM
So have we decided on a good set of penalty sliders yet

# 38 bcruise @ 08/26/15 03:58 AM
Illegal Touching nullifying a Dez Bryant TD (he stepped OB and came back in prior to making the catch). No close up of this either, there was no replay available.

# 39 Godgers12 @ 08/26/15 04:04 AM
Played an entire game online and didnt see one penalty, it was an unranked game, but still. With all this penalty hype I would have thought I'd see at least one.

# 40 bcruise @ 08/26/15 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Played an entire game online and didnt see one penalty, it was an unranked game, but still. With all this penalty hype I would have thought I'd see at least one.
If you've been reading all the hype, you should know that the penalties are toned way down for online head to head play. It's not going to be like offline, which is where myself and many others are seeing the penalties.

The online Madden community (CFM excluded) still does not want random penalties affecting their games. The devs allowing them to work properly in offline and CFM is an olive branch of sorts.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.