Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Last night, during Game Changers Radio, Kolbe Launchbaugh, Creative Director of Madden NFL 16, advised everyone to wait until the upcoming patch (no estimated date yet, but we have seen "less than six weeks" thrown around by the development team) arrives before starting their CFM.

He talks about it at roughly the 13 minute mark.
  • They are aware of everything the community is bringing to their attention
  • They are addressing many of those items in a patch coming soon (no estimated date given)
  • You should wait until the patch is released before starting your CFM, as some of the fixes will require client side and server side fixes
No details have been given on what fixes are being implemented as of yet, but for now, it would be wise not to start your Madden NFL 16 CFM yet.

As for what could be in the patch. This is all speculation but here are some of the known CFM issues:
  • Ratings boost from drive goals making some players go over 100 overall. There is no workaround right now, drive goals are always on even if you don't keep notifications going on your screen.
  • Regression being overly harsh on offensive linemen (seems to be more pass blocking than anything else) that causes their ratings to fall quite drastically. This appears to stem more from SuperSim or simulating games as linemen give up too many sacks and then regress.
  • Rookies coming in that are not scaled to the new speed/deep accuracy ratings Madden is using on default rosters. So many new rookies can come in after season one and be better than most everyone else in the game at certain things. (This one seems like it would obviously be a reason you have to start your franchise over because rookies are put in your Year 1 CFM from the start of the season.)
Other issues we are tracking but haven't confirmed on staff ourselves:
  • QBs getting too many carries during a game (in SuperSim but not regular sims).
  • Re-signing players to really crazy bargains (that is, superstars taking major discounts).

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 EricFreakingBerry @ 08/26/15 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's a lot of hyperbole for one post.
We're just going to have to disagree as to what's minor/major - a few FAs not signing or a few fouls not being called aren't major.

Last year with 2K I noticed the foul issue but when I turned up fouls I was still getting *some* per game, so again that is arguably the same thing as the aggressive catch being overtuned/powered in Madden. Is it somewhat off? Yep. But can I play a rough approximation of basketball/football without having to wait to start my franchise? Definitely. With Madden, we are being asked to wait because they can't patch the fixes (which again, this is understandable) and the issues will legitimately affect the mode for the entirety of the CFM if we don't wait. The rookie ratings scales will be off for the entire course of the mode if we don't wait, and we can't edit/change those things like we can in other games.

# 62 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
How much of that game do you play?

I've played around 350+ 12 minutes quarter games in NBA2k15 MyLeague, and I'm on XB1. Before that patch, I maxed my slider for fouls and got about10 free throws per game - not enough, but not a BROKEN MODE. Then post patch I eased up on the sliders and got good free throw and foul stats.

You're not making apples to apples comparisons. The issue you mention pales in comparison to a whole set of issues that led the game's chief developer to advise people not to play the whole mode. No one is saying the other games are percect, so don't use that straw man.

I mean, c'mon, man. You're reaching, and I'm not even sure you play NBA2k, as I never see you on those threads.
Nobody is reaching. I played NBA2k every day. EVERY DAY during the season. 12 min quarters.

10 FT equals about 5 fouls a game per team. 5 fouls in a 12 minute game. Thats a gamekiller for people who want realistic stats and gameplay. You played 300 games and you honestly were ok with an average of 5-10 fouls a game?

# 63 LorenzoDC @ 08/26/15 12:59 PM
Quote:
Lmao. Are you serious?
The comment was to aholbert. I don't recall seeing him there much. Though I was asking a question.

# 64 Sphinx @ 08/26/15 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
That makes me feel better about waiting to buy it.
I really wish they would just do an open beta program for a weekend and let everyone play the beta version. Then all of the major issues that we, the community come across would be known a few weeks in advance. Then maybe a release day patch would be more feasible.

# 65 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:02 PM
Quote:
The comment was to aholbert. I don't recall seeing him there much. Though I was asking a question.
He plays just about as much as anyone here.

# 66 LorenzoDC @ 08/26/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nobody is reaching. I played NBA2k every day. EVERY DAY during the season. 12 min quarters.

10 FT equals about 5 fouls a game per team. 5 fouls in a 12 minute game. Thats a gamekiller for people who want realistic stats and gameplay. You played 300 games and you honestly were ok with an average of 5-10 fouls a game?
First off, I accept correction on your NBA 2k use.

Second, no, I was obviously not ok that that foul rate at launch. Can you show me where I said that, or are we at war with straw men again?

It was not a mode breaker the way we are talking about CFM being ridden with multiple issues to the point that the ever opaque EA Tiburon is admitting it's not worth starting the mode now. Let's think in scales from 1-10, not binary 0-1.

# 67 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
LOL. I typically dont post in game threads after release week. Its mostly just a bunch of people nitpicking the game or complaining about things that I dont care about.

****, if I wasnt an admin I probably wouldnt spend much time in any of the game threads other than to get sliders and roster info.

My life as a gamer has been significantly better since I started doing that.

# 68 oldman @ 08/26/15 01:03 PM
What is the issue with CFM? I know that there is a supersim and confidence issue in games but is there another reason why they are saying you should wait?

# 69 kehlis @ 08/26/15 01:04 PM
Glad they are being upfront and it's no surprise as Kolbe always has been but this is a non issue to me as long as the fix doesn't drag out too long.

It usually takes me a good three weeks to even get a base slider set.

# 70 forme95 @ 08/26/15 01:04 PM
So glad I havent bought the game yet. Guess I will wait a little longer. YEY me!! CFM is the only mode I care about.

# 71 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:04 PM
Quote:

Second, no, I was obviously not ok that that foul rate at launch. Can you show me where I said that, or are we at war with straw men again?

It was not a mode breaker the way we are talking about CFM being ridden with multiple issues to the point that the ever opaque EA Tiburon is admitting it's not worth starting the mode now. Let's think in scales from 1-10, not binary 0-1.
The original argument he was responding to was on a binary scale of 0-1.

# 72 EricFreakingBerry @ 08/26/15 01:05 PM
Quote:

Simmed kickers are like hitting 5% of their field goals beyond 50+ yards in Madden this year; Gostkowski, one of the best kickers in the league, just finished my first sim test season last night 0-for-10 from 50+.....but because of the major bugs we all have to deal with in Madden, no one bats and eye at this and it's buried, lol. That's just the kind of thing that bothers me.

# 73 feeq14 @ 08/26/15 01:06 PM
Did they mention auto subs at all!

# 74 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 01:06 PM
Quote:

I asked you a question. You answered it.

I think fouls being almost non-existant in an NBA game is a GAME breaker not just a mode breaker. I felt the same way about Madden in past years with their lack of penalties. I didnt enjoy playing NBA2k at all until the patch fixed that issue and basically spent my time pre-patch looking for ways to fix that issue.

# 75 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Glad they are being upfront and it's no surprise as Kolbe always has been but this is a non issue to me as long as the fix doesn't drag out too long.

It usually takes me a good three weeks to even get a base slider set.
Doesn't affect me. I play multiple single season cfm's with different teams. I do understand the frustration level though for the others who play multiple seasons.

# 76 dubplate @ 08/26/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Someone please point me to a game that came out in the past year that hasn't needed a patch?
Patches to fix certain issues, sure, but name me a game that has been released in the past year where a developer stated to not play one of the most heavily played modes in their game.

# 77 redsox4evur @ 08/26/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
Simmed kickers are like hitting 5% of their field goals beyond 50+ yards in Madden this year; Gostkowski, one of the best kickers in the league, just finished my first sim test season last night 0-for-10 from 50+.....but because of the major bugs we all have to deal with in Madden, no one bats and eye at this and it's buried, lol. That's just the kind of thing that bothers me.
Yea I have noticed that for awhile there was one game where if you had the kick power slider all the way up you could hit FGs from like 80+. But now you are LUCKY to hit a 50 yarder, even with the best kicker in the game.

# 78 aholbert32 @ 08/26/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Doesn't affect me. I play multiple single season cfm's with different teams. I do understand the frustration level though for the others who play multiple seasons.
You and I play the same way. Are there any issues that would prevent me from starting a CFM? I wont start until the real NFL season starts anyway and we are 2 weeks away from that.

# 79 bkrich83 @ 08/26/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
You and I play the same way. Are there any issues that would prevent me from starting a CFM? I wont start until the real NFL season starts anyway and we are 2 weeks away from that.
I haven't run in to any. Of course I just started mine.

# 80 bspring3 @ 08/26/15 01:10 PM
Whats weird for me is that I played a full season already in CFM and I did not look at any of these issues as game breaking or mode breaking. They were definitely not a good thing to see but I could still enjoy playing until we got SOS started. Now for the online league, we will most likely be waiting for a patch for longevity sake. But I can wait knowing that I can still enjoy my offline CFM even with these issues.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.