Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 is introducing over 1,500 tattoo designs that you can move, scale, rotate and layer onto your MyPLAYER. Fans will be able to apply tattoos to the chest, back, neck, legs and arms.

Check out the video here, or on YouTube at a higher resolution here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Semipro91 @ 08/27/15 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Eat_Butt
This is a good step but there's somthing in me telling me thats not good enough

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
SMH, what does it take to please you? other than your username.

# 42 eko718 @ 08/27/15 08:55 PM
Looks like they went out of their way to conceal other features of create a player in this video. Hopefully, there are other improvements of the CAP system to announce.

# 43 HenryClay1844 @ 08/27/15 09:07 PM
So, can you edit player in their GM mode? If you have a rookie class can you edit those players or are they locked? Are these options only for your created player?

# 44 Wolf Ticket @ 08/27/15 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Are they all unlocked or do we need vc to unlock certain tats?
Says "owned tattoos" at the top of the first screen...I think that pretty much confirms you'll need VC to buy them.

# 45 dwayne12345 @ 08/27/15 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
If it is available for CAP, I hope not every rookie comes into the league with head tats.
Second. I hope generated rookies were paid attention too. Like I said before poor generated rookies ruined the replayability of NBA 2k15 MY modes.

# 46 TheDuggler @ 08/27/15 09:49 PM
I wonder what kind of crazy tattoos generated players are going to have. Hopefully 2K just makes a ton of presets for them to choose from so it's not just a random assortment

# 47 Matty Aqua @ 08/27/15 09:49 PM
This is a great feature!, but i really hope this makes it over to CAP!!...really really hoping!!!

# 48 twogotwingz3 @ 08/27/15 10:01 PM
Sorry to say it, but the "WHAT ARE THOSE?!?!" shoes the dude getting the tats has on ruined it for me .....lmaoo lame a** 2k and these generic shoes! Like get them away from professional basketball man!! Lmaoo....like make us wear some chucks or shoot I'd rather have some Shaqs lmaoo

# 49 Taer @ 08/27/15 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
The great thing is, with layering, scaling etc., this allows for complete customization. Some of the arm sleeves I've seen some of the dev's make are bananas.
An awesome development that has a lot of creative possibility, one that might add excitement and positive momentum but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Are they all unlocked or do we need vc to unlock certain tats?
But here is the elephant in the room. One which should have been answered with the reveal. So sketchy. sad face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Says "owned tattoos" at the top of the first screen...I think that pretty much confirms you'll need VC to buy them.
Which, if true, means a wonderful feature encouraging immersion and individuality is gated away and is only had for a price.

Was this such a smart reveal of a new feature?

Thanks for adding more questioning and second-guessing 2K!

# 50 24ct @ 08/27/15 10:29 PM
OMG. THANK YOU! FINALLY! This is music to my ears. Except that beat sucks lol.

Maybe because I actually have a bazillion tattoos so I'm biased lol but customization is key. This is exactly what I've been asking for years.

Now I don't even care if they players slide on defense I can do it in style. lol

# 51 lil_smitty31 @ 08/27/15 10:30 PM
Please be included in CAP and Draft class edits!

# 52 Matty Aqua @ 08/27/15 10:55 PM
I can already feel the forum rage if it's not included in CAP and Draft Classes!

# 53 rudeworld @ 08/27/15 10:56 PM
Dude had a tattoo on his head... on his HEAD!!!

# 54 lkasprzak @ 08/27/15 11:13 PM
I hope we could edit real players. Imagine good boy Hayward with tatoo sleeves on both hands lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

# 55 MontanaMan @ 08/27/15 11:33 PM
Well played, 2K.

All I need is a shoes trailer and my park info and you'll have my Special Edition pre-order.

# 56 Mikelopedia @ 08/28/15 12:15 AM
As someone who's just had their MyPlayers wear long sleeves over the years to cover for the lack of tattoo customization, variety and most of all, color, this is a MUCH needed step forward....

("Nothing a man says before the word 'but' truely matters" - Benjen Stark)

BUT....

I'm extremely disappointed that with what we're able to do with jerseys, courts, and even advertisements this year, that we aren't able to upload our own images for tattoos.

Careful throwing around the words "complete customization" as I very much doubt I'm gonna be able to create things such as Ezio's hidden blade, all my favorite candy, the house banners of Westeros, a Dexter portrait, etc with these 1,500 designs. :/

Again, definitely a tremendous step in the right direction. Especially considering where the football and baseball franchises are at with ink. Lol

# 57 lakers24 @ 08/28/15 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
As someone who's just had their MyPlayers wear long sleeves over the years to cover for the lack of tattoo customization, variety and most of all, color, this is a MUCH needed step forward....

("Nothing a man says before the word 'but' truely matters" - Benjen Stark)

BUT....

I'm extremely disappointed that with what we're able to do with jerseys, courts, and even advertisements this year, that we aren't able to upload our own images for tattoos.

Careful throwing around the words "complete customization" as I very much doubt I'm gonna be able to create things such as Ezio's hidden blade, all my favorite candy, the house banners of Westeros, a Dexter portrait, etc with these 1,500 designs. :/

Again, definitely a tremendous step in the right direction. Especially considering where the football and baseball franchises are at with ink. Lol
Not gonna lie, the hidden blades tatt sounds kind of dope.

# 58 HowDareI @ 08/28/15 02:21 AM
I want some tear drops on my face...Ima make my dude straight outta jail in some gangs and stuff. Then Ima give him the whitest voice possible...

I got no life.

# 59 Toaster @ 08/28/15 02:27 AM
Not really a tats guy, but this is very nice.
Only gripe, as far as implementation goes, would be that there should be a better way to cycle between the tatoos, if there are that many. Perhaps sub categories. Maybe there is one and I just missed it.
Anyway, this ought to make many people very happy.
Me? I'm just waiting for the gameplay stuff.

# 60 Mikelopedia @ 08/28/15 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Not gonna lie, the hidden blades tatt sounds kind of dope.
When I decided to get it, I couldn't believe that more people didnt have anything like it, you'd think that's an obvious tattoo idea for AC fans

Also, I'm really hoping we're able to customize the color of these designs. Didn't notice it in the video..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.