Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live Stream Team have posted a video interview with the Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio.

There are some audio issues at the beginning, but it clears up later on. Mrprice33 has given us an update on some of the details mentioned below, but watch and listen to the interview here.
  • The gameplay here is from Live 15
  • Editing talk at about 15:30- Sean said "I want to take the responsibility to ensure that the 450 or so players in the game and the things happening with them is accurate."
  • At 17:00 he talks about the tip-off going straight to the PG. Will remain the same for 16 but they want to get it fixed for 17.
  • Goal is to have roster updates at least once weekly for ratings, equipment, etc. "If anything major happens it'll be updated the next day."
  • 20:00 is talk about AI improvements, Live Motion, team sets, etc. Heavy investment on AI improvements on offense and defense. "Haven't had a Live game where you can guard the basketball as well as in 16." Says that teams like the Warriors will play a lot faster and have a unique identity.
  • 22 minutes or so is ratings talk. Erika says that 90+ ratings are reserved for superstars, and that there's a bigger drop off between them and stars/rotation players/etc
  • 29 minutes: multiple versions of players for LUT. 93 Larry Bird is different from Legend Larry Bird. Rookie LeBron.
  • 32 minutes: can deny the ball this year, lot of work with defensive AI, players recognize when they are 1 or 2 passes away. Can't barrel over helpside defenders and get to the rim, more jostling and dribble bumps, more turnovers in paint.
  • 34:30: cannot fake dribble handoff, but it's defensible with coverages like pick and roll. Sean mentions that they've shown gameplay and will show it again on demo day. Seems to indicate no more raw gameplay footage.
  • Then at around 37 minutes he says there is something coming next week with raw gameplay. So do with that what you will.
  • 42 minutes talks about transition play, different per team, spacing is better with hit ahead and shooters finding the corners. Manual boxing out is in the game, get rewarded for it in teammate grade in Live Run/Summer Circuit.
  • 45 minutes: When asked if there have been any improvements to dynasty, Sean says that it's better but there has been no real innovation there this year, something they want to focus on for 17. Pivots to Pro-Am as real focus for this year, along with controls and gameplay.
  • 49 minutes: 6 different cameras this year, new default camera, hybrid between baseline and sideline camera.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 vtcrb @ 08/29/15 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIATKZ
Live lost already again. Very badly. They just don't understand... No editing? A girl does rosters? No thanks.
DUMBEST comment I have ever seen. I dont care what Gender the person who does the Rosters is, as long as they have basketball knowledge.

On a personal note I have 3 daughters, and they probably know more about basketball and sports in general than 50% of the People who post on here.

# 62 swac07 @ 08/29/15 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIATKZ
Live lost already again. Very badly. They just don't understand... No editing? A girl does rosters? No thanks.
you could've kept this post to yourself man...smh

# 63 swac07 @ 08/29/15 05:53 AM
Now I do have a question

If you guys have someone rating and editing rosters manually, whats the purpose of having/using Synergy?????

# 64 CSIATKZ @ 08/29/15 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectLeet
Wow...

During the whole process since she's been around, she's picked it up in stride. She's asking the right questions, approaching the right people, and really working hard to try to deliver her piece of the large pie we call NBA Live 16.

As the previous ratings and roster guy, she's doing a lot better than I and she will work hard (and i'm sure lurk these forums) to try to insure ratings and accessories are up to date. Plus she's a HUGE sport head, knows a ton.

Just to give you an idea, our ratings wasn't just her in a corner, we set meetings with anyone who loved to talk basketball, and she went out of her way to communicate with gameplay to make sure ratings, rosters, and tendencies will work WITH the game rather than work against it.

Don't live that kind of mindset, it's unhealthy for everyone involved.

I'll also be sure she to point her into this direction for accessory update help, as everyone here is pretty awesome at helping us try to stay as accurate as we can given the fact you can't do it yourself. Seriously, thanks so much everyone that helped last season, it was a life saver.

I'm sure we'll have quite the "party" trying to keep up with all the brand new season changes. But I guarantee she's up for the challenge and will work hard to try to deliver the best she can. It's a tough task and a (mostly) thankless job.
Congrats on you new position, or were you fired? Don't want to say the correct things, only the honest things, how I feel. You should value this cause in a corporate environment noone will tell you this. Your competition hired a guy who in his free time created rosters for the community. THAT is a learning curve. It was the first year I didn't have to touch the rosters. You must realize how key are the ratings when you did them yourself.
I don't know your hiring process, or who she is, but I don't see Erika hunching over stats to create formulas to make the best ratings years before her job. And I should buy a game for 60 euros that doesn't have an edit feature and a newcomer is creating the ratings? Don't care if I'm coming through like an a$$, I just want things get done and I don't see that guaranteed without the editing function. Just my thoughts, but will keep from sharing them until I can say positive things. Please communicate this to your managers that we don't want to be told how to play the game. (But I'm sure you have been listening to this for years). I started with Live 98 so I care enough for the series to watch a 50 minute video about it with too polite questions, but "watered down cameras" and such answers still made me mad. While the competition has everything available for customizations. Sorry for the comparison but this just hits you in the face.

Good luck making games you have a dream job!

# 65 The 24th Letter @ 08/29/15 07:24 AM
What a dumb comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 66 Izzy Snow @ 08/29/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
If the gameplay is great... I guess I could overlook it as long as the gameplay is great and most legacy bugs gone.

I just thought about it... The one thing I am loving about Live is their version of my career isn't based on VC from what I saw . Only ultimate team. When your already paying $60 and it's STILL a PAY TO WIN game. I can't stand it. Yes you don't need it but your at a huge disadvantage. I don't say that as a bash. Just a positive for Live. Also live is solid online always and defense is much more responsive.. I just worry that there are other bugs they are hiding in live
This! "Sweat Equity". It's just like Madden 16 giving us Draft Champions. Some people, one particular person actually, keeps bringing up EA's past & how they were voted worst company in US. That was like 3-4 years ago if I'm not mistaken. It's good now that they're giving us options/modes that don't require you to spend money. Kudos EA.

# 67 mrprice33 @ 08/29/15 12:13 PM
"I don't know who she is, but I don't see..."

Amazing

# 68 mrprice33 @ 08/29/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Now I do have a question

If you guys have someone rating and editing rosters manually, whats the purpose of having/using Synergy?????

As far as I understand it, synergy is there for things metrics can actually count: a player's percentage from the left corner, tendency to pull-up when driving left vs driving right, etc.

The roster editor's job then is to do everything else: speed, jumping, awareness/iq

# 69 bkluvsm3 @ 08/29/15 12:46 PM
Gender isn't the issue here .....I hope she does a very good job that is huge responsibility I look forward to see how these updates pan out ...I hope it's a daily thing similar to what the other game did with their rosters last year if we can have that kinda dedication I think the whole community would be OK with no editing for another year IT HAS TO BE IN NEXT YEAR IF NOT PATCHED IN THIS YEAR....Daily Accessories updates should be a must I know me and few other ppl wouldnt mind helping out in that regard

# 70 Bexthelegend @ 08/29/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
You do understand the Spurs' top assistant is a woman, right?

Anyway, this is 1000% speculation, but my guess is when the ball was "live" on tip offs it would go everywhere. It's not a cut-scene as the outcome is not predetermined. It's just that once the tip is won, it goes to the PG of the team that won it.

What? Ettore Menssia is the Spurs top assistant, followed by Udoh.

# 71 swac07 @ 08/29/15 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
As far as I understand it, synergy is there for things metrics can actually count: a player's percentage from the left corner, tendency to pull-up when driving left vs driving right, etc.

The roster editor's job then is to do everything else: speed, jumping, awareness/iq

Gotcha...

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 72 AdamJones113 @ 08/29/15 04:35 PM
That's an absolutely disgraceful comment.

Now that that's out of the way, I liked MindFrame's questions from the stream. Thought those were really good and directed in the right way. I was a little disappointed with the overall answer about roster editing. While I respect wanting to "take responsibility" for how players are rated, that just closes off the game in a lot of areas that people enjoy. I know how hard people work on rosters, so it's a shame that Live doesn't provide people with that way to enjoy the game.

Overall, good interview, hoping for more info soon.

# 73 mrprice33 @ 08/29/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
What? Ettore Menssia is the Spurs top assistant, followed by Udoh.

Hammon was the one who coached the d league team who. But the point standa

# 74 Alfro0925 @ 08/29/15 10:42 PM
They didn't mention it but "Big Moments" is making a return, those were pretty sweet I enjoyed playing those.

# 75 GisherJohn24 @ 08/29/15 11:24 PM
All the past Live's before 14 all had roster editing (as far as I can remember) I dont' know why they just woke up one day and said we don't need it anymore. Obviously fans of b'ball really want it. I always edit my rosters to my liking. Specially in a season mode.

# 76 iLLWiLL @ 09/03/15 03:31 PM
Live's Twitter feed has tweeted now several references to Live 95 with screenshots of that old game. Here's the latest:

Seems all but confirmed that the "baseline/broadcast hybrid cam" is of that classic '95 45-degree angled cam ...

# 77 I Djm @ 09/06/15 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Rookie lebron? Flashbacks? OMG I'M LITERALLY JUMPING UP N DOWN IN MY ROOM!!!!!!!
But you can't add him to another team Attachment 105879

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 78 I Djm @ 09/06/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
So if lebron alone isnt posting up as much as id like, im supposed to go to sliders and make a universal change?
Yeap Attachment 105880

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.