Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA players continue posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today.

(Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.)Previously confirmed player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jackzagal @ 08/28/15 06:56 PM
Kobe's rating seems fair IF he's healthy and improves the % and TOs. I thought he would be a 82-83, but 2k decided to be a bit generous there. Hopefully he will justify that rate

# 42 derrtyRedd @ 08/28/15 06:57 PM
Well kobe's definitely getting rerated by me

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 43 redsox4evur @ 08/28/15 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
I would have gave him 83-85 range, his fg% was terrible but he still had 22, 5 and 5. + it's hard to lower his rating with the skills he has.
Also let's make a Tony Wroten in a range around 80-82. He had 16.9 PPG, 5.2 APG, and 2.9 RPG all for the 76ers who were around the same team that the Lakers had. He deserves to be in the low 80's right?

# 44 Wildcats302 @ 08/28/15 06:59 PM
I'd rate Kobe an 82, 83 being at most. He is 37 years old, his shooting percentage was not good last year, despite his 22, 5, and 5 stats.

He has played in less than 50 games each of the last two seasons (always played 50+ EVERY YEAR before that...see the one guy is still saying things like AT LEAST when I told him last week in a thread it has never happened before the last TWO seasons.), so his overall should take a bit of a hit for that as well durability wise.

# 45 kolanji @ 08/28/15 07:00 PM
These pics are an amazing depiction of just how amazingly beautiful sports games have come on simulating athletes.....

Am always a succer for visual fidelity

# 46 Kashanova @ 08/28/15 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
He was chucking and inefficient and a sieve on defense
It's about time they gave Kobe an accurate rating, it's been a while since imo he's had one. First Day Purchase for me after this great news.

# 47 The 24th Letter @ 08/28/15 07:02 PM
All nice pics, but the Galloway, KB & Ross ones are just dope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 48 Daddy123 @ 08/28/15 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Also let's make a Tony Wroten in a range around 80-82. He had 16.9 PPG, 5.2 APG, and 2.9 RPG all for the 76ers who were around the same team that the Lakers had. He deserves to be in the low 80's right?

# 49 Rasco11 @ 08/28/15 07:08 PM
I see the crowd is in black and white in the Kobe pic! Maybe from a full functioning post game highlight? Hope so!!! Don't necessarily like the filtering effects like black and white (would prefer simple broadcast stuff), but I'll take it!

These pics in general are looking great tho! Impressed with the emotion they've added and how much life they've incorporated.

# 50 SteveQ @ 08/28/15 07:09 PM
Anyone else think the ball also looks improved?

# 51 redsox4evur @ 08/28/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
OK...I'm just comparing two players who put up decent numbers for a bad team. Or a better player is Kevin Martin. Played in a close amount games 39, averaged 20 ppgs, right around 3 apg and 3 rpg. Should he be close to an 80, in your opinion?

# 52 The 24th Letter @ 08/28/15 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
I see the crowd is in black and white in the Kobe pic! Maybe from a full functioning post game highlight? Hope so!!! Don't necessarily like the filtering effects like black and white (would prefer simple broadcast stuff), but I'll take it!

These pics in general are looking great tho! Impressed with the emotion they've added and how much life they've incorporated.

Ha, think that may be a reach....but a reach I sure hope is correct!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 53 BluFu @ 08/28/15 07:12 PM
I think we need to relax on the OVR... Remember Kobe didn't even play the whole season (not even up to half). You can't give him an OVR rating completely based on his last season when he wasn't even close to completing it. Also remember, Kobe in game won't be dealing with injuries like he was in real life last season. Thus the rating needs to be partially based off of what he does/can do while healthy. His last healthy season (the 12-13 season), he was at 27 and 6 on 46% shooting (numbers unheard of from a 34 year old).

I think you guys are also forgetting... Rose started 2K15 with an 88 overall after averaging 15 and 4 on 35% shooting the season before. Obviously those numbers don't warrant that high of a rating but what he did the previous season as well as what he can do while healthy goes into the rating at the start of the season.

# 54 redsox4evur @ 08/28/15 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
I think we need to relax on the OVR... Remember Kobe didn't even play the whole season (not even up to half). You can't give him an OVR rating completely based on his last season when he wasn't even close to completing it. Also remember, Kobe in game won't be dealing with injuries like he was in real life last season. Thus the rating needs to be partially based off of what he does/can do while healthy. His last healthy season (the 12-13 season), he was at 27 and 6 on 46% shooting (numbers unheard of from a 34 year old).

I think you guys are also forgetting... Rose started 2K15 with an 88 overall after averaging 15 and 4 on 35% shooting the season before. Obviously those numbers don't warrant that high of a rating but what he did the previous season as well as what he can do while healthy goes into the rating at the start of the season.
They should honestly do their ratings like the show, and maybe they do but they go based on the past 3 seasons and weight them. With last season being the heaviest, the season 2 years ago being and the middle and 3 years ago having the least weight.

# 55 Daddy123 @ 08/28/15 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
OK...I'm just comparing two players who put up decent numbers for a bad team. Or a better player is Kevin Martin. Played in a close amount games 39, averaged 20 ppgs, right around 3 apg and 3 rpg. Should he be close to an 80, in your opinion?
You are comparing Kevin Martin and Tony Wroten whose skillsets are not even close to Kobe, like that guy mentioned, you can't fairly rate him since he has been in and out the past few seasons. He was very inefficient and had bad defense, but you can't just bring him down in the video game from all those skillsets to nothing. I personally would have gave him a 83 rating but I don't mind 85. I don't see why you and others are being so riled up, if he is having a bad season again, his in-game rating will change during the season. Take care.

# 56 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/28/15 07:23 PM
85 for Kobe is perfect , I think Rose will be around that rating too

# 57 lakers24 @ 08/28/15 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
kobe shouldnt have the same ratings he would have had 7 years ago is the issue. His on ball defense, 3pt shooting, speed , durability and quickness should have all taken a hit
7 years ago Kobe would probably be rated between 93-95.

Quote:
You are comparing Kevin Martin and Tony Wroten whose skillsets are not even close to Kobe, like that guy mentioned, you can't fairly rate him since he has been in and out the past few seasons. He was very inefficient and had bad defense, but you can't just bring him down in the video game from all those skillsets to nothing. I personally would have gave him a 83 rating but I don't mind 85. I don't see why you and others are being so riled up, if he is having a bad season again, his in-game rating will change during the season. Take care.
Honestly, no matter what Kobe's rating was going to cause a stir.

# 58 redsox4evur @ 08/28/15 07:24 PM
Quote:
I never said bring his skillset down to nothing...I said he should be 3-4 points lower. If you weigh out the past 3 seasons along with the injuries, and normal wear and tear he shouldn't be an 85. He is basically a chucker, average defender, and he lost some of his athleticism and honestly that should bring him to right around an 80. And if he shows during the season he can stay healthy, and has better athleticism and no signs of wear and tear he can be closer to guys like Wall, Harden, George, etc. Honestly if I was starting a team, for one season, I would take all 3 of those guys over Kobe and a whole host of others that are within a couple points to his 85 ovr.

# 59 23 @ 08/28/15 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
7 years ago Kobe would probably be rated between 93-95.

Honestly, no matter what Kobe's rating was going to cause a stir.
The ovr is not the big picture anyway

# 60 BluFu @ 08/28/15 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
kobe shouldnt have the same ratings he would have had 7 years ago is the issue. His on ball defense, 3pt shooting, speed , durability and quickness should have all taken a hit
I agree with that but we don't even know his individual ratings yet (yes I know this is said every year). So we can't honestly say he's overrated in any of those areas. For all we know, they added a 'boss' rating which inflated his overall.

Spoiler

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.