Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NLSC has posted their 127th podcast, as they welcome Leftos and JaoSming, from the NBA 2K16 team, to the show. They discuss MyGM, MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online, including details about the franchise modes that haven't been discussed yet.

Make sure you give it a listen.

Quote:
Episode #127 of the NLSC Podcast is out now, and it’s a special episode this week as Arcane and I welcome Leftos and JaoSming back to the show they started! After catching up with our old friends and joking around a little, we get down to business as Leftos gives us a detailed insight into MyGM, MyLEAGUE, and MyLEAGUE Online in NBA 2K16.

In short, a lot of work has gone into the franchise modes in NBA 2K16. In our interview, Leftos talks about improvements to logic and functionality, explains the ins and outs of the new features, describes the philosophy behind the development of the modes, and answers questions straight from the community. If the developer diary on MyGM, MyLEAGUE, and MyLEAGUE Online in NBA 2K16 got you excited to play this year’s franchise modes, you’ll definitely want to tune in for more information.

BluFu has posted some of the details from the podcast below, but make sure you listen to it all, for much more.

The Good
  • Per 100 poss stats are in
  • For the normalize minutes option, you can normalize all stats if you don't play on 12 minute quarters
  • Player and team hot streaks are mentioned in the Ticker
  • In MyLeague Online, you can invite players into you league whenever you want
  • You can randomize owner personalities in MyGM.
  • Players and staff can give feedback on their decisions in MyGM (if they don't want to sign with you, they'll let you know why)
  • VC and in-game money (I'll call it 'IGM') are separate things. IGM is accumulated through completing owner goals and can be used on things like your arena and relocation. When you buy the team, a part of the profits accrued in game is put towards your IGM.
  • Owners can change goals (long term and short term) based on team situation (he will evaluate constantly during the season). As well, players can change ambitions.
  • You can now override player retirements in MyLeague! In MyGM, you can convince them to not retire (example: Convincing Duncan to stay another year because you feel the roster has got a shot at a ring. Or even promising a staff possition the next year)
  • Improved FA logic (won't have great players sitting in FA)
  • Player turned coaches go by a system called the HOF rating. Things like win totals and rings are taken into account (hopefully this includes role players like Avery Johnson and Steve Kerr)
  • Option to edit staff! this is huge! (offensive, defensive, training, and scouting attributes can be edited!)
  • Can also edit team style in edit staff option (can choose what types of players will be targeted)
  • When relocating, you don't need to keep the name of the city or team
  • Owners that disapprove or are unsure of your relocation can be questioned
  • Draft logic was looked at. Busts and steals have been included without crazy bad logic (assuming this means guys that are ranked low in the mock drafts won't be selected top 5 and vice versa)
  • Draft prospects automation has been reworked. Beds (among others) helped out in ensuring that prospects were rated appropriately according to the new scale
  • League talent balancing while simming many years was touched on (better ratio of talent among prospects)
  • Accessory logic has been added to draft prospects!! (Higher probability for dual knee sleeves, and matching home/away colors etc. They've also used accessory data from the NBA to reflect on the draft classes. Unfortunately, headbands weren't confirmed or denied)
  • Audio team has been working very hard
The Unfortunate
  • No option to 'force' a player to become a coach
  • You cannot save logo/jersey designs to be imported for later
  • No draft protections but it's being looked at for the future
  • No preseason or D-League (takes up a lot of space and resources)
  • No team/player export (very complex stuff)
  • Career ending injuries will not be accompanied by a letter to the fans

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ataman5 @ 09/04/15 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Onliners can invite anyone into your league whenever you want. If you want to do it in the middle of the season or in the playoffs you can.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 42 nox @ 09/04/15 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarcaBoy
Please NBA2K!!!
supporting this, also please add undershirts to mycareer!

# 43 Junior Moe @ 09/04/15 07:30 AM
Great stuff as always. I appreciate him explaining why the NBDL is not included. The same thing probably applies to the Euroleague as well. In the interim, it would be great to just have an NBDL and Euroleague "tabs". While we couldn't play the games or manage the teams, we could send guys down and just track their progress and stats. Then call them back up when we're ready. It would be cool to track a guy in the NBDL and then give him some burn in the Summer League the following year.

The Euro tab could work the same. We could see what's going on and track player stats. Maybe even see their contract info and NBA intention. So if there's a top flight draft prospect there, we could see (statistically) what they look like.

# 44 swiftychampleone @ 09/04/15 09:33 AM
Here's my question: Which mode am I playing? Haven't bought a hoops game since 2009. Is it MyGM or MyLEAGUE? I like the Franchise Mode that gives me all of the options but I want to play games as well. I also created players and have them as well on my team. It seems like both modes copy each other, Is it MyGM that gives it all?

# 45 HypoLuxa13 @ 09/04/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Here's my question: Which mode am I playing? Haven't bought a hoops game since 2009. Is it MyGM or MyLEAGUE? I like the Franchise Mode that gives me all of the options but I want to play games as well. I also created players and have them as well on my team. It seems like both modes copy each other, Is it MyGM that gives it all?
My League gives you control over everything, you can choose to override trades for teams, set salary cap or even turn it off, edit any player you want at any time, etc.

MyGM is where you act as the GM of a single team and try to build that team. In MyGM you also have to keep the owner of the team you are working for happy and meet that owner's goals and expectations. And at the same time, make sure the team is profitable.

# 46 cthurt @ 09/04/15 09:47 AM
Based on this info MYleague will be my mode of choice, Mygm is very impressive but being able to control all things is just too much to pass up.

# 47 VinnyVegas28 @ 09/04/15 09:59 AM
Is there a maximum number of teams that we can create or re brand in myleague?

# 48 JohnnyCash2015 @ 09/04/15 10:16 AM
Leftos, in regards to the salary cap value jumping in 2016, I have a couple questions.

1. Are we allowed to set the salary cap value before we start My league? For example, if I wanted a salary cap of 80 million that inflates by 2% each year, can I do that? Or am I restricted to just inflating the cap each year based on the in game salary cap figures?

2. Do we still have the ability to remove the hard cap and make it so that each team can only spend the salary cap and nothing more?

And last question unrelated to the cap. In terms of having 30 team control while still allowing the teams to have some control, can you set it so that teams are allowed to draft their own players?

One of the most frustrating things about 2k15 30 team control is the draft and having to draft all 60 players with no way to skip and having to select for each team. Can we delegate that control?

It was mentioned that we could delegate control this year but no specifics were given at all. What exactly can we delegate?

Re-signings?

Signings?

Trades?

Draft?

Lineups?

Hiring and firing?

What exactly can we choose to delegate? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 49 Bexthelegend @ 09/04/15 10:30 AM
Amazing podcast so much great information

# 50 Scvllp @ 09/04/15 10:32 AM
Great podcast, I'm still listening.

Leftos, if you can answer when we relocate or rebrand can we keep our old jerseys even if we make new ones?

# 51 Bexthelegend @ 09/04/15 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
Great podcast, I'm still listening.

Leftos, if you can answer when we relocate or rebrand can we keep our old jerseys even if we make new ones?
From what I heard it seems like Relocating/jerseys(or rebranding) are independent of each other. I'm pretty sure that's what he was explaining during the podcast

# 52 swiftychampleone @ 09/04/15 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
My League gives you control over everything, you can choose to override trades for teams, set salary cap or even turn it off, edit any player you want at any time, etc.

MyGM is where you act as the GM of a single team and try to build that team. In MyGM you also have to keep the owner of the team you are working for happy and meet that owner's goals and expectations. And at the same time, make sure the team is profitable.
Ah! I get it now. Thanks Hypo. I'm going with MyLeague based on your explanation.

# 53 Bexthelegend @ 09/04/15 11:00 AM
Also an underrated addition is that you can override player retirement in Myleague. If a players calling it quits, you can override him.

Also you can edit coach ratings

# 54 Junior Moe @ 09/04/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
You beat me to it bro, I agree with you. In my own eyes the NBA D League could be useful to expand the rosters and keep the free agents pool balance. for example..MLB has a farm system that really comes in handy when running a franchise. it helps with expanding the rosters, if your low on budgets and can't trade for players that's were it comes in handy. the NBA is full with injuries, the D league is a way to say if I want to send or cut this player so I can make room for roster spot.

Like you said we don't have to have a complete mode..just a way to see who progress and regress and a way to expand the rosters.
Totally agree, man. It's also a way to keep a low rated prospect that wont play much developing while utilizing his roster spot for someone who can help the team win now. It's also a nice spot to grab an injury fill in. I get the justification, though. I can count the number of NBDL games I played to completion on one hand and I'm a franchise guy. I can only imagine how much it was used in totality. However, I sincerely hope that it is re-implemented, even in a limited form. It's a great feature.

# 55 soamazen23 @ 09/04/15 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think the main thing about MyLeague is the customizations to do what you want, and I love that.

What about the ability to create a player and use face scan? I will be done if I can create a player in my league with my face. I will use the player lock feature and become a player/coach/gm/owner all in one

# 56 Scvllp @ 09/04/15 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
From what I heard it seems like Relocating/jerseys(or rebranding) are independent of each other. I'm pretty sure that's what he was explaining during the podcast
Yeah they are. My question is kind of in regards to just keeping our old jerseys as throwbacks or if it deletes them all together.

# 57 bigmike0077 @ 09/04/15 01:05 PM
Question that i havent seen being asked in regards to MyGm

Is Dynamic Attendance still in the game? For example, if Fan interest is at 58%, when i go in to play a game, is the stadium still going to full attendance and loud, or will it reflect the Fan interest?

# 58 Wildcats302 @ 09/04/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I just heard in the podcast, about 94 minutes in:

You are NOT stuck with the city name if you move!

In fact, you can name it anything you want--if you go to New York, you can name them the Manhattan (nickname here) if you so desire!

That is AWESOME! Hello, Kentucky Colonels!
Outstanding news. One would hope that the commentators say "Kentucky" and other ABA locations for exactly the reason you mentioned. I'm considering doing a MyLeague with an all-Kentucky Wildcats team. I may just go call them the Colonels, although if someone can do me a great Rupp Arena look and UK uniforms...well I'm just saying it would be tempting to make them the Kentucky Wildcats...sadly in Louisville but I'll pretend that is not the case lol

# 59 lakers24 @ 09/04/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
Question that i havent seen being asked in regards to MyGm

Is Dynamic Attendance still in the game? For example, if Fan interest is at 58%, when i go in to play a game, is the stadium still going to full attendance and loud, or will it reflect the Fan interest?
I would suspect it's the same since they had no reason to remove it and they've appeared to only add to last years foundation.

# 60 bigmike0077 @ 09/04/15 02:26 PM
I love the dynamic attendance feature, its just that in the MyGm mode it seems as if all the teams had 100% attendance when i played games, If i played the last place Sixers, the stadium was sold out. So i just wanted to know if that aspect was addressed

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.