Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

A new tuning file has arrived for Madden NFL 16, this one is concentrated on the risk/reward factor for WR/DB interactions.

The much anticipated patch is coming very soon, so we will continue to wait for an official release date.

With that said, let's keep the discussion in the comments on point with a discussion on the tuning update and what it's doing to the game.

Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Kramer5150 @ 09/04/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
I'm not home at the moment. How do you get the tuner update?
Just start up the game and it should automatically download.

# 22 OhMrHanky @ 09/04/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
I'm not home at the moment. How do you get the tuner update?

Game will notify u and ask to download when u start game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 23 N51_rob @ 09/04/15 01:38 PM
Played a MUT seasons game this morning after the Tuner. It has made the throw it up and make an insane catch a lot less reliable. Playing 2-deep in man also makes the outside verts harder (realistic) because you have two defenders attacking the WR/ball in the air.

One on one match ups are still viable situations to make the catch as it should. So far it's a better use of the new catch controls now that strategy still matters.

Good time to play online vs people as they have to get used to it.

# 24 l8knight1 @ 09/04/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Played a MUT seasons game this morning after the Tuner. It has made the throw it up and make an insane catch a lot less reliable. Playing 2-deep in man also makes the outside verts harder (realistic) because you have two defenders attacking the WR/ball in the air.

One on one match ups are still viable situations to make the catch as it should. So far it's a better use of the new catch controls now that strategy still matters.

Good time to play online vs people as they have to get used to it.
Good stuff. I agree that you should have a better deep chance one on one, compared to past versions.

# 25 tree3five @ 09/04/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Game will notify u and ask to download when u start game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
Just start up the game and it should automatically download.
Ok cool. Thanks guys.

# 26 vannwolfhawk @ 09/04/15 01:45 PM
I was actually fine with it how it was but I'm ok with more aggressive DB's but 2 things that needed to be addressed that I think most people had issues with was tone down the 1 hand catches and better safety play with playing the ball. That's what really needed to be tuned IMO...

# 27 ThatMichiganFan @ 09/04/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I was actually fine with it how it was but I'm ok with more aggressive DB's but 2 things that needed to be addressed that I think most people had issues with was tone down the 1 hand catches and better safety play with playing the ball. That's what really needed to be tuned IMO...
I was ok with it before, but making DBs play the ball better/more aggressively can't hurt. I have classes today, but will try it out tonight when I get home

# 28 mjavon @ 09/04/15 01:53 PM
I was okay with the SUCCESS RATE (on all-pro and all-madden difficulties anyways) of the aggressive catch before, I was just hoping they *dramatically* decreased the frequency that it triggers the one handed animations, when successful. Can't wait to try it out when I get home.

# 29 bxgoods @ 09/04/15 01:57 PM
As long as the one handed catches are dropped more when they get hit by a defender, I'll be fine.

# 30 The JareBear @ 09/04/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Seems like people in practice mode are seeing changes. I'm playing an online game vs an OS'er and safety still doesn't play ball and deep balls are completed about the same pace before tuner.
Was it unranked h2h or in a test cfm with sliders?

# 31 TexasRyan @ 09/04/15 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I was okay with the SUCCESS RATE (on all-pro and all-madden difficulties anyways) of the aggressive catch before, I was just hoping they *dramatically* decreased the frequency that it triggers the one handed animations, when successful. Can't wait to try it out when I get home.
Yeah, now I just think it's gonna turn into guys like Megatron and Dez getting shut down by no name DB's every time you throw the long ball.

# 32 The JareBear @ 09/04/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRyan
Yeah, now I just think it's gonna turn into guys like Megatron and Dez getting shut down by no name DB's every time you throw the long ball.
This definitely isn't what I've experienced.

I can still exploit 1v1 mismatches. However if it's bad throw and the DB has position it's getting picked off or knocked down more

I've seen plenty of one handed catches since the tuner, not sure that was addressed

# 33 Brandwin @ 09/04/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Was it unranked h2h or in a test cfm with sliders?
Unranked head to head. 15 minutes quarters.

It was Steelers and i abused Cardinals secondary. Playing another Skins vs Giants. I'll report back.

# 34 CM Hooe @ 09/04/15 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyebrown
But is it just online gameplay or does it also include gameplay in offline connected franchise?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I would assume it covers football gameplay in all modes of the game.

# 35 rkocjay @ 09/04/15 02:31 PM
still cant play cfm without the patch

# 36 N51_rob @ 09/04/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
So in other words I'm going to go turn on my connected franchise to start my second preseason and find out that I can't consistently throw the deep ball any more because people who only play online had to whine about something that there was actually nothing wrong with.

Unbelievable.

Actually you can consistently throw the deep ball if the matchups favor it.

Next, your act is wearing thin. Consider this your warning underhanded insults, overtly negative posts with out any kind of constructive criticism, antagonist post in the future will see you banned.

You're either a PBU or someone who hasn't bothered to read the TOS. Either way you've been warned.

# 37 Bootzilla @ 09/04/15 02:34 PM
Definitely going to move my pass reaction sliders down to something closer to default. I've thrown a couple of picks that animated very poorly. Unrealistic change of direction warp picks.

Both aggressive catch attempts made by me were broken up. One was in a one on one situation where the DB broke up the pass as Jordy Nelson was pulling it down. The other Cobb got blasted as the safety came in over the top. Loved how the 2 deep safety got there.

All of the deep shots the cpu tried were all inaccurate so no aggressive catches attempted.

# 38 Brandwin @ 09/04/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
So in other words I'm going to go turn on my connected franchise to start my second preseason and find out that I can't consistently throw the deep ball any more because people who only play online had to whine about something that there was actually nothing wrong with.

Unbelievable.

Where in the world did you come up with that?

# 39 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/04/15 02:53 PM
Haven't had a chance to play yet. Just 2 questions for anyone that can answer.....

Have the one handed catches been toned down?

A little off topic but does anyone know when the next roster update will be out? The reason I ask is that I know Rex said not only could they adjust things with tuner updates, but they could also adjust traits with ratings to further tune the catching success rate. I would assume they would release it after the final cuts are made but just curious.

# 40 vidgames @ 09/04/15 02:55 PM
Patch...very soon.

Very soon as in today or in a week?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.