Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The 147th episode of the Press Row Podcast takes a look deep into the mind of NBA 2K16. As we near the arrival of one of the most anticipated sports games ever - between a new Spike Lee-driven story, significantly upgraded franchise features offline and online, ambitious on-court gameplay additions, and new collaborative modes - host Rich Grisham sits down with two of the NBA 2K16 development team members to talk about what it all means. Scott O'Gallagher and Nino "Da Czar" Samuel join Rich for a wide-ranging discussion on what the NBA 2K franchise really means these days, why they think it's going to be the best basketball game ever made, and what's in store both now and the future.

Enjoy!

Joining us this week:Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes

Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 8KB24 @ 09/04/15 01:58 PM

# 2 tsbmolina @ 09/04/15 02:00 PM
I'm going to listen to every second of this 1 hour 48 minutes 20 seconds podcast with great joy. I love every member of this 2K dev team. They are a virtual family to me.

# 3 supermati @ 09/04/15 02:05 PM

# 4 23 @ 09/04/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I'm going to listen to every second of this 1 hour 48 minutes 20 seconds podcast with great joy. I love every member of this 2K dev team. They are a virtual family to me.
Then tune in to the Sim Hangout on youtube every friday at 10pm est

We are full force in the chat as well... its like a huge party

# 5 tsbmolina @ 09/04/15 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Then tune in to the Sim Hangout on youtube every friday at 10pm est

We are full force in the chat as well... its like a huge party
Bookmarked!

# 6 Sdrawkcab321 @ 09/04/15 02:09 PM
I'm gonna be listening to podcasts all day now

# 7 LD2k @ 09/04/15 02:26 PM
#SIMNATION

# 8 Insight23 @ 09/04/15 02:34 PM
I've actually enjoyed these podcast & written blogs much more than videos. So much more in depth. Can't wait until the 25th!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 9 LD2k @ 09/04/15 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
#DontPatchItAllOutAgain
Don't fear. The thing I am super excited about is the dev. ability to go in and tune shooting, both offline and online separately. Keeping balance in check and making sure our sim users are happy. All this without the requirement of a patch.

# 10 23 @ 09/04/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Don't fear. The thing I am super excited about is the dev. ability to go in and tune shooting, both offline and online separately. Keeping balance in check and making sure our sim users are happy. All this without the requirement of a patch.

That part of the programming is the future

# 11 zrohman @ 09/04/15 02:45 PM
Quote:

This is great to hear

# 12 City_foxx @ 09/04/15 02:47 PM
Quote:

Meaning 'online' game play will be tuned to appease the causal fanbase, while at least sim players can have thier 'offline' modes? Proam getting a little less hyped to me.

# 13 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 09/04/15 02:48 PM
*CAN'T BREATH*

# 14 SkillzFromThe6 @ 09/04/15 02:55 PM
Today is a good day.

# 15 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 09/04/15 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
Today is a good day.
Yes and the 25th will be even better and the week after that.

# 16 BMDinTDOT @ 09/04/15 03:03 PM
Sounds good now lets start giving some love to #OnlineNation

# 17 woody47 @ 09/04/15 03:15 PM
I THINK WE REALLY NEED TO TAKE TO A MOMENT TO UNDERSTAND THIS IS THE GOLDEN AGE FOR BASKETBALL/SPORT COMMUNITY INTERACTION WITH THE COMMUNITY. They scouted from the community and still look to the community for more feedback. If this ever disbands man we are really gonna look back and wish it was so smooth like it is right now. I appreciate it all.

# 18 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/04/15 03:19 PM
Shout out to Steve Blake...

# 19 LorenzoDC @ 09/04/15 03:30 PM
I like Rich, who does this show, but he talks a bit long and always spends a lot of time on what it's like to develop a game.

If you just want to get to where the actual discussion of the game and what's new in it STARTS, go to the 30 minute mark.

The stuff earlier is good in that it's always interesting to hear from Nino and Scott. But if you want to get to the gameplay meat, skip ahead.

# 20 BluFu @ 09/04/15 03:32 PM
Practice plays are back

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.