Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Hey OS, Senior Editor Dustin Toms (@DustinToms) here. Release season is upon us, and the next big NBA title is coming up.

We've been invited to spend a day with NBA 2K this Thursday, September 10. I'll be flying down to The Hangar and have hands-on experience with NBA 2K16, conversations with the developers and opportunities to capture some gameplay footage (which will debut on the Operation Sports YouTube channel). We will surely come back with even more information overload for OSers to try and process.

Now this is where you come in: what do you want to know about NBA 2K16? Post your questions here, or ask me directly on Twitter at @DustinToms. I'll take a list of the best questions with me, and have answers for you shortly after. If you ask me on Twitter, I'll reply directly to you!

Make sure you read through these links as well, as most of your questions may already be answered:

Fire away below, OSers!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 pawalker03 @ 09/07/15 12:03 AM
In MyLeauge/MyGM can we create alternate jerseys for our team. I know we can rebrand but what If i want to just make alternate jerseys

# 82 pawalker03 @ 09/07/15 12:04 AM
Can we create a draft class using classic players as a way to spice up MyLeage?MyGM mode a little

# 83 zello144 @ 09/07/15 12:22 AM
Will Create a legend mode ever come back?

# 84 strawberryshortcake @ 09/07/15 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny315
LOL !!in the anthony davis video theres no audio/sound in the first place so you dont know if there was a reaction anyways
I am being serious when I say this: I know you are an intelligent individual.

You may have simply overlooked what I wrote. So, let me quote myself one more time below.

"No visual crowd reaction when hometown hero Anthony Davis blocks Dwight Howard in the video below." I specifically said "visual" reaction. There is a major difference between visuals and audio.

Location: New Orleans Pelican home court. Anthony Davis block on Howard. There are no visual evidence of crowds reacting to the block. Everyone in the crowd is practically in the same position once AD made the block. Maybe New Orleans is simply a reserved crowd. Maybe other factors such as Anthony Davis being such a good shot blocker that blocking Howard is an every day occurrence and Davis blocking anyone is pretty much the norm. That could be the reason why I didn't visually see the crowd physically react. Or maybe this is an old build. Who knows. But just looking at it visually, it doesn't quite jive with what was expressed in the Living Worlds trailer.

Location: Sacramento Kings home court. Rudy Gay blocks Kobe. This appears to have more fan reaction. Notice the fan top and bottom row and baseline get up and react physically.

# 85 lakers24 @ 09/07/15 12:29 AM
Quote:
I know the arms my seem different but i also mean like literally the body area
Like can we have shaq kind of build or a big baby glen davis type of body
Or kevin durant's tooth pick like body and so forth. See what i mean ?
If they go off of weight like I'm hoping they will, then I would suppose so. Scanned bodies give me the impression it's possible as Zach Randolph and Jared Sullinger both looked large torso wise, but Sullinger had smaller arms than Z-Bo. If they have different looking arms there is a chance if you increase your weight that your torso should become larger like in older games.

# 86 dj25davis @ 09/07/15 12:30 AM
All I want to know is there going to be a splitting the double team animation or animations in the game?

# 87 lakers24 @ 09/07/15 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

You may have simply overlooked what I wrote. So, let me quote myself one more time below.

"No visual crowd reaction when hometown hero Anthony Davis blocks Dwight Howard in the video below." I specifically said "visual" reaction. There is a major difference between visuals and audio.

Location: New Orleans Pelican home court. Anthony Davis block on Howard. There are no visual evidence of crowds reacting to the block. Everyone in the crowd is practically in the same position once AD made the block. Maybe New Orleans is simply a reserved crowd. Maybe other factors such as Anthony Davis being such a good shot blocker that blocking Howard is an every day occurrence and Davis blocking anyone is pretty much the norm. That could be the reason why I didn't visually see the crowd physically react. Or maybe this is an old build. Who knows. But just looking at it visually, it doesn't quite jive with what was expressed in the Living Worlds trailer.

Spoiler

Location: Sacramento Kings home court. Rudy Gay blocks Kobe. This appears to have more fan reaction. Notice the fan top and bottom row and baseline get up and react physically.
Spoiler
Tbh, the clip kind of cuts off really quick and I'm sure the crowd probably did react, just not likely to the block in particular. They do it in 2k15 if you get a big block but most times it's followed by me recovering the ball so they could be reacting to the turnover. Either way, 2k's crowds have a tendency to react to things at times and at others not even move so it's hard to tell (just look at the Rudy gay clip where they appear to react).

# 88 Orlson @ 09/07/15 12:35 AM
Is the face scan easier too use or a least improved

Will you be able to edit shooting form like 2k14 like the shot base and release form for MyPlayer

# 89 TheBadazz @ 09/07/15 12:36 AM
Are they able to fix the Highlights/Player of the game problem when a 8-12 min. a quarter game is played. Sim player don't play 5 min quarters.

# 90 Vinny315 @ 09/07/15 12:57 AM
Quote:

Yes thats only because the video ended exactly after the block. And on the second video you can now see that answered your question in the first place

# 91 strawberryshortcake @ 09/07/15 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Tbh, the clip kind of cuts off really quick and I'm sure the crowd probably did react, just not likely to the block in particular. They do it in 2k15 if you get a big block but most times it's followed by me recovering the ball so they could be reacting to the turnover. Either way, 2k's crowds have a tendency to react to things at times and at others not even move so it's hard to tell (just look at the Rudy gay clip where they appear to react).
I am going to give 2k the benefit of the doubt here, but it still something that I would like to be addressed in the OS writeup. As specified in my post, I did mention that the Rudy Gay clip is much more representative of a living world. I don't deny that. Were you pointing out the positives in the Rudy Gay that I explicitly mentioned as a counter to why AD's block didn't have a reactive crowd? You say the AD block on Howard cuts away early, but so does the clip seen with Rudy Gay. Immediately after Rudy blocked Kobe, the crowd reacts. But not in the AD clip. There is still enough footage time after AD throws down the block.

Rudy's teammate also immediately caught the ball after the block. So the crowd could simply be reacting to the turnover. I don't know. Anyone's guess. Only the developers would know, which is why I posed the question/concern.

I know you like to give a lot of potential reasons for why certain things look off in 2k's screenshots and likely gameplay footage when other would bring up concerns, which is still opinion based because you don't have direct first hand access and experience in creating said product. Or maybe you do, I don't know. We're all here simply excited and all we can do is form an opinion and hopefully either the developers would take notice or acknowledge to themselves that they've already addressed it.

Let me say this so we don't have a misunderstanding. I enjoy reading your responses. You are an asset to this community. Cheers ( even though I don't drink ).

# 92 Vinny315 @ 09/07/15 01:02 AM
Quote:
I am going to give 2k the benefit of the doubt here, but it still something that I would like to be addressed in the OS writeup. As specified in my post, I did mention that the Rudy Gay clip is much more representative of a living world. I don't deny that. Were you pointing out the positives in the Rudy Gay that I explicitly mentioned as a counter to why AD's block didn't have a reactive crowd? You say the AD block on Howard cuts away early, but so does the clip seen with Rudy Gay. Immediately after Rudy blocked Kobe, the crowd reacts. But not in the AD clip. There is still enough footage time after AD throws down the block.

Rudy's teammate also immediately caught the ball after the block. So the crowd could simply be reacting to the turnover. I don't know. Anyone's guess. Only the developers would know, which is why I posed the question/concern.

I know you like to give a lot of potential reasons for why certain things look off in 2k's screenshots and likely gameplay footage when other would bring up concerns, which is still opinion based because you don't have direct first hand access and experience in creating said product. Or maybe you do, I don't know. We're all here simply excited and all we can do is form an opinion and hopefully either the developers would take notice or acknowledge to themselves that they've already addressed it.

Let me say this so we don't have a misunderstanding. I enjoy reading your responses. You are an asset to this community. Cheers ( even though I don't drink ).
Lol a cat in empty room couldnt react that quiqly to that block you need to re-evaluate that vid omg

# 93 strawberryshortcake @ 09/07/15 01:02 AM
Quote:
Yes thats only because the video ended exactly after the block. And on the second video you can now see that answered your question in the first place
Read my post directly above. Short and sweet version below.

Crowd immediately reacts to Rudy Gay's block on Kobe
Crowd does not immediately react to AD's block on Howard.

Think about the real world, when you're at a sporting event. Basketball since we're talking about 2k. Does the reaction in the AD video resemble a real live crowd. That's what I'm comparing it to. How real does it resemble a real life crowd. A real crowd likely would react immediately on the spot. Even if it was one or two people, but I didn't see a single reaction in the AD crowd.

Quote:
Lol a cat in empty room couldnt react that quiqly to that block you need to re-evaluate that vid omg

Using omg and lol. I guess I'll have to retract my statement when I used the word intelligent.

# 94 Vinny315 @ 09/07/15 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
If they go off of weight like I'm hoping they will, then I would suppose so. Scanned bodies give me the impression it's possible as Zach Randolph and Jared Sullinger both looked large torso wise, but Sullinger had smaller arms than Z-Bo. If they have different looking arms there is a chance if you increase your weight that your torso should become larger like in older games.
Yes exactly what i was thinking

# 95 JustInTime952 @ 09/07/15 01:08 AM
Will we be able to to edit sliders in myCAREER at all?

Will the draft combine be added back to the beginning of myCAREER mode instead of the rookie showcase?

How many story lines are there in myCAREER and does it change based on your performance or will the next step in the storyline trigger only with a specific accomplishment being reach no matter how many seasons pass in between?

# 96 Vinny315 @ 09/07/15 01:09 AM
Quote:
Using omg and lol. I guess I'll have to retract my statement when I used the word intelligent.
Oh i bet u think that was clever but in reality it wasnt funny and your childish get something better to do

# 97 Vinny315 @ 09/07/15 01:12 AM
Quote:
Read my post directly above. Short and sweet version below.

Crowd immediately reacts to Rudy Gay's block on Kobe
Crowd does not immediately react to AD's block on Howard.

Think about the real world, when you're at a sporting event. Basketball since we're talking about 2k. Does the reaction in the AD video resemble a real live crowd. That's what I'm comparing it to. How real does it resemble a real life crowd. A real crowd likely would react immediately on the spot. Even if it was one or two people, but I didn't see a single reaction in the AD crowd.

Also its a game smart guy everything isnt perfect just like the sorry lakers ctfu smart guy

# 98 jackgassenator @ 09/07/15 01:16 AM
Being a huge franchise guy, how does MyLeague/MyGM in NBA 2K16 compare to 2K15 in terms of realism?

# 99 strawberryshortcake @ 09/07/15 01:16 AM
Quote:
Oh i bet u think that was clever but in reality it wasnt funny and your childish get something better to do
It was not meant to be funny. Childish individuals goes about using "lol" and "omg." Your continue responses and the way you express yourself is the definition of childish.

I'm going to moderate myself. This is my last response to you regarding this particular matter on AD's block on Howard and how it's different than the one seen with Rudy Gay. My earlier remark was not meant to be funny or clever. I give every single person the benefit of the doubt. Everyone is mature and intelligent unless they show otherwise. You showed otherwise.

If you have something else to say about any other topic on 2k, I'll chime if I have anything of significance to add. As it stands, you no longer do on this matter. So I'm out.

# 100 Vinny315 @ 09/07/15 01:24 AM
Quote:
It was not meant to be funny. Childish individuals goes about using "lol" and "omg." Your continue responses and the way you express yourself is the definition of childish.

I'm going to moderate myself. This is my last response to you regarding this particular matter on AD's block on Howard and how it's different than the one seen with Rudy Gay. My earlier remark was not meant to be funny or clever. I give every single person the benefit of the doubt. Everyone is mature and intelligent unless they show otherwise. You showed otherwise.

If you have something else to say about any other topic on 2k, I'll chime if I have anything of significance to add. As it stands, you no longer do on this matter. So I'm out.
So what was i supposed to say ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .... And oh my god when i couldve shorten the text like i did EINSTEIN im sure you know everything SMART guy

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.