Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The FIFA 16 demo is available now on PlayStation 4 in a few regions. We will update this post when it is available here in the states.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It should be available later this afternoon for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC users. We will update this post when they arrive.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available for PC users.

Below are the modes and options available in the FIFA 16 demo.
  • Kick-Off: jump onto the pitch and play a match. When starting the FIFA 16 Demo for the first time on PC, Xbox One, or PS4, you will begin at El Clasico, Real Madrid CF at home to FC Barcelona.
  • FIFA Ultimate Team Draft: experience a brand new way to play - FUT Draft. Make careful decisions as you build a squad, then take them onto the pitch in an offline match.
  • FIFA Trainer: everyone can Compete at a Higher Level in FIFA 16. Check out the FIFA Trainer, a new contextual training system, to pick up some new tips while playing Kick Off or FUT Draft.
  • New Skill Games: as matches are loading experience six of our six new skill games.
  • Bundesliga Broadcast Presentation: (available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC only) experience authentic broadcast graphics when Borussia Dortmund visits Borussia Mönchengladbach at BORUSSIA-PARK.
Teams:
  • FC Barcelona
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach
  • Chelsea FC
  • Inter Milan
  • Manchester City
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Real Madrid CF
  • River Plate
  • Seattle Sounders
Women’s National Teams: (Women's National Teams compete exclusively against other Women's National Teams.)
  • Germany
  • United States
Stadiums:
  • Borussia-Park
  • CenturyLink Field
  • Santiago Bernabeu
Play a few matches and post your thoughts!

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 521 JimmyDeicide @ 09/16/15 11:57 AM
Just got Kompany sent off for fouling as last man , pretty awesome that is in the game

# 522 sroz39 @ 09/16/15 11:13 PM
For those wondering, both are 22 gigs just downloaded differently. My PS4 version pre-downloaded in two stages, first a 4GB file then a second 18GB Application Data file. On X1, its downloaded all at once.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 523 Benja190782 @ 09/17/15 03:48 AM
The CPU keeper just picked up a pass from his own defender! WTF!?

And my RB is running while he plays basketball with the ball - because the running animation swings his arms in a way that makes him play basketball when the ball is jumping near him.

The thing is - they ONLY do that when HANDS is on and ofcourse he got booked!

What is wrong with this game!

# 524 steelerfan @ 09/17/15 05:26 AM
Release Day patch.

# 525 HarlemYankee @ 09/18/15 01:55 PM
I have a question, as I've only played about three games so far of the demo.

Is there something I'm missing with L1? I used to be a very good dribbler (probably my best attribute) and L1 used to be what you would press to trap the ball so you can make quick changes of direction. Did they move that button assignment? I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm sure I'll adjust to the no touch dribbling and eventually pick it up like I did with the skill moves, but if you can't trap the ball to do a change of direction, that's a major oversight in my opinion.

# 526 SpritePuck @ 09/18/15 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrellevator
I have a question, as I've only played about three games so far of the demo.

Is there something I'm missing with L1? I used to be a very good dribbler (probably my best attribute) and L1 used to be what you would press to trap the ball so you can make quick changes of direction. Did they move that button assignment? I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm sure I'll adjust to the no touch dribbling and eventually pick it up like I did with the skill moves, but if you can't trap the ball to do a change of direction, that's a major oversight in my opinion.
L1 still traps the ball but you can not be moving left stick or it activates a feint or no touch. But it works though is not as flawless as before.

In other words even if not moving left stick a players skill and factors impact how affectively they trap the ball. No longer an automatic trap. I used it a lot too but have adjusted to how it is now. It seems more realistic when I do it correctly.

# 527 RoyceDa59 @ 09/18/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benja190782
The CPU keeper just picked up a pass from his own defender! WTF!?

And my RB is running while he plays basketball with the ball - because the running animation swings his arms in a way that makes him play basketball when the ball is jumping near him.

The thing is - they ONLY do that when HANDS is on and ofcourse he got booked!

What is wrong with this game!
I have seen that happened maybe few times in FIFA 15, it doesn't happen a lot but it sure is strange when it happens.

# 528 SpritePuck @ 09/18/15 09:47 PM
I went to SoFIFA just hoping to look at player growths and potentials for MM when the game drops. To my surprise they have players up but only the ones in the demo.

What is bizarre is they have the women players. Having them is not bizarre but having their overall with a potential is.... Why do they have a potential? There is no mode you can use them in where they could grow. I am totally confused by this and wondering why EA gave them a growth potential if they can not be used in a CM.

# 529 steelerfan @ 09/20/15 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
I went to SoFIFA just hoping to look at player growths and potentials for MM when the game drops. To my surprise they have players up but only the ones in the demo.

What is bizarre is they have the women players. Having them is not bizarre but having their overall with a potential is.... Why do they have a potential? There is no mode you can use them in where they could grow. I am totally confused by this and wondering why EA gave them a growth potential if they can not be used in a CM.
Good question.

Maybe they put them in because they have to because they are based on the same attributes that the men have. It could also be because they plan to have a mode where it does matter in a future version.

# 530 SpritePuck @ 09/20/15 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
Good question.

Maybe they put them in because they have to because they are based on the same attributes that the men have. It could also be because they plan to have a mode where it does matter in a future version.
Good point, I had not thought about that. The coding may demand a number in the potential area. And they could plan to put them in a mode or even a just in case type thing. It would be silly to have to redue the programing to give them a potential that they could just do initially with ease.

Thanks, it makes sense to me now.

# 531 SpritePuck @ 09/20/15 11:57 AM
I was secretly hoping they were going to let us manage them as our National side in MM. But I know that is not the case and what SteelersFan stated makes perfect sense to me.

# 532 ChaseB @ 09/20/15 01:00 PM
Hey, maybe I'm being a noob, but is there a way to just square up your body towards attack when you have the ball. This is more what I miss with the lack of a "true" stop with the ball button being there anymore. L2 is still cash money for turning around to use your back, but I can't just spin and face the attacking position as easily as before.

# 533 Don Jon @ 09/20/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Hey, maybe I'm being a noob, but is there a way to just square up your body towards attack when you have the ball. This is more what I miss with the lack of a "true" stop with the ball button being there anymore. L2 is still cash money for turning around to use your back, but I can't just spin and face the attacking position as easily as before.
Hold l2 and R2 at the same time. I do this often when I'm barca passing the ball around the box while the other team is parking the bus. It looks very realistic.

# 534 ChaseB @ 09/20/15 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Hold l2 and R2 at the same time. I do this often when I'm barca passing the ball around the box while the other team is parking the bus. It looks very realistic.
Thanks slugger, I'll try it out.

# 535 McGovernor @ 09/20/15 05:15 PM
Don't quote me on this but I thought tapping the r2 button was the hard stop now. If you're sprinting release r2 then tap it to stop.

As for the shielding mechanic with L2 you point the right stick at the defender your are trying to shield from right? What kind on situation do you use this in? Does it work better with stronger players?

# 536 ChaseB @ 09/20/15 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGovernor
Don't quote me on this but I thought tapping the r2 button was the hard stop now. If you're sprinting release r2 then tap it to stop.

As for the shielding mechanic with L2 you point the right stick at the defender your are trying to shield from right? What kind on situation do you use this in? Does it work better with stronger players?
No, to shield it's more don't touch the sticks and just focus on pressing and holding L2 and the player will shield. An example of a situation you use it in is like passing it up to Wambach and letting her just hold the ball as the striker before passing it off. Or getting down in the corner late to hold a lead. And yes stronger players is better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.