Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The FIFA 16 demo is available now on PlayStation 4 in a few regions. We will update this post when it is available here in the states.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. It should be available later this afternoon for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC users. We will update this post when they arrive.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available now for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: (9-8) The FIFA 16 demo is available for PC users.

Below are the modes and options available in the FIFA 16 demo.
  • Kick-Off: jump onto the pitch and play a match. When starting the FIFA 16 Demo for the first time on PC, Xbox One, or PS4, you will begin at El Clasico, Real Madrid CF at home to FC Barcelona.
  • FIFA Ultimate Team Draft: experience a brand new way to play - FUT Draft. Make careful decisions as you build a squad, then take them onto the pitch in an offline match.
  • FIFA Trainer: everyone can Compete at a Higher Level in FIFA 16. Check out the FIFA Trainer, a new contextual training system, to pick up some new tips while playing Kick Off or FUT Draft.
  • New Skill Games: as matches are loading experience six of our six new skill games.
  • Bundesliga Broadcast Presentation: (available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC only) experience authentic broadcast graphics when Borussia Dortmund visits Borussia Mönchengladbach at BORUSSIA-PARK.
Teams:
  • FC Barcelona
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Borussia Mönchengladbach
  • Chelsea FC
  • Inter Milan
  • Manchester City
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Real Madrid CF
  • River Plate
  • Seattle Sounders
Women’s National Teams: (Women's National Teams compete exclusively against other Women's National Teams.)
  • Germany
  • United States
Stadiums:
  • Borussia-Park
  • CenturyLink Field
  • Santiago Bernabeu
Play a few matches and post your thoughts!

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Resurrection403 @ 09/08/15 10:45 AM
my demo is in arabic this morning. i dont know how or why or how to fix.

# 122 jb12780 @ 09/08/15 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
my demo is in arabic this morning. i dont know how or why or how to fix.
Try closing the game out and rebooting it. For me it would always ask for language.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 123 Resurrection403 @ 09/08/15 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Try closing the game out and rebooting it. For me it would always ask for language.

thanks , worked nice

# 124 kwebbvols4423 @ 09/08/15 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
This all sounds good - nice!

How do I find / download the FIFA16 demo?

I am on XBoxOne ...
Search Fifa 16 demo in the store.

# 125 Resurrection403 @ 09/08/15 10:58 AM
about the driven passing: its great imo. very situation. players do have problems with it at times, and its not accepted cleanly like regular passes most times

# 126 Gnemi @ 09/08/15 11:08 AM
Demo still not available for PC.

# 127 mfp @ 09/08/15 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
about the driven passing: its great imo. very situation. players do have problems with it at times, and its not accepted cleanly like regular passes most times
Yeah, at first I thought it was OP. Now I'm thinking not so much.

I'm very much enjoying the challenge against the CPU on World Class with default settings. By changing/improving three key things - slowing pass speed and sprint, and upgrading defense - they've made 16 play a much more realistic game of football.

Last year was the first year in about a decade that I did not play CM because of how poor the defensive AI was. This year though could be a good one.

# 128 fearwhatnow @ 09/08/15 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Demo still not available for PC.
Within the next couple of hours the demo will be uploaded.

# 129 Krebstar @ 09/08/15 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
After finally getting to sit down and play a few games, here's my initial impressions(On Slow, WC, no slider adjustments): As a fan of the series, I'm thrilled, it's exactly what 15 should have been, the next step in the evolution that started with FIFA 12 and continued through 14. The better players absolutely stand out, and guys like Hazard are a nightmare to try and defend. Build up play is not only rewarded, it's vital. Defenders are too smart and close down too quickly for sweaty football to succeed. I was also happy to see the CPU playing with patience, resetting when they were forced too, and then taking what they were given.
That's as far as I'm willing to go though right now. With 4 minute halves and nearly all of the clubs being "super clubs" it wouldn't be fair to try and comment on how tactics would play out over a full match/season/career.
I'll keep playing, taking some mental notes as I go along, but I won't even touch sliders until I get 10 full games(15 min halves) or so under my belt with EA Access next week. I just wish Access was on PS4 as well because I despise the XBOne's controller.
I love knowing that you'll have early access to start messing around with sliders.

I feel like the game plays pretty well right now, and sliders can definitely improve it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Custom Tactic Update

I think there's hope!!

Last night I was able to get Inter to play long passes up front often, and this morning I was able to get Monchengladbach to be more patient and play with more possession.

It's early, but it seems like player instructions on the team sheets will actually work with team tactics this year. To have Monchengladbach play with more possession, I had both strikers set to "target man" so they come short to play the ball, and both of their wide midfielders set to "come short".

This, along with altering team tactics did seem to actually make a difference in how they play. Last night I was annoyed at the "speed" in which they built up, but this morning was better, so I think formation, instructions, and team tactics all work together this year much better.

I also think sliders will help make things not seem as fast. So passes not as fast, and quick ping pong passing have worse accuracy.

# 130 jb12780 @ 09/08/15 11:52 AM
I may have to sign up for another year of EA Access.

My goal for today is to put one in from open play.

# 131 TeleTex82 @ 09/08/15 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I love knowing that you'll have early access to start messing around with sliders.

I feel like the game plays pretty well right now, and sliders can definitely improve it.

Custom Tactic Update

I think there's hope!!

Last night I was able to get Inter to play long passes up front often, and this morning I was able to get Monchengladbach to be more patient and play with more possession.

It's early, but it seems like player instructions on the team sheets will actually work with team tactics this year. To have Monchengladbach play with more possession, I had both strikers set to "target man" so they come short to play the ball, and both of their wide midfielders set to "come short".

This, along with altering team tactics did seem to actually make a difference in how they play. Last night I was annoyed at the "speed" in which they built up, but this morning was better, so I think formation, instructions, and team tactics all work together this year much better.

I also think sliders will help make things not seem as fast. So passes not as fast, and quick ping pong passing have worse accuracy.
This sounds promising. One of the biggest gripes I had with 15 was the completely useless nature of the midfield when it came to holding up play. Your holding midfielders were statues, either getting blown by on d or ball watching on offense. No amount of sliders or instructions changed this over the long run.

# 132 BL8001 @ 09/08/15 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmuh1515
The one thing I would like in the demo is the practice arena. It certainly isn't a big deal but I've never been good at skill moves and would like to practice in an open environment before the game came out.

I only ever played the demo for FIFA 15 and this game feels so much better. With new player training I am very excited for an offline career

Strangely the 360 demo has the 1-1 arena.

And as a

For some dumb reason EA left out practice in last years xbox one/ps4 game.

You just could not open up the sub menu to get to the set piece and practice match options.

Well, there is a slight hope...

I grabbed the 360 demo and when you are in the 1-1 arena you press Start now instead of Back to get to the practice options, they are greyed out in the demo...

But what this means is, last year on xbox one the back button changed music tracks, so when you were in the 1-1 arena you could not get to the practice match but you could change music tracks

If they have flipped what button accesses the practice options to start on 360, and did the same thing on xbox one, we will have practice match back on the one. please please please

# 133 TheAwesomeGem @ 09/08/15 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar

Custom Tactic Update

I think there's hope!!

That's an awesome news.

# 134 buckeyezombie @ 09/08/15 01:00 PM
I still cant get the demo here in Ohio

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 135 JHedges2 @ 09/08/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
I still cant get the demo here in Ohio

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Per Twitter, it will be available later this afternoon for PS4 users in North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 136 nunogomes @ 09/08/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I was also happy to see the CPU playing with patience, resetting when they were forced too, and then taking what they were given.
Unfortunately i see this as a problem like last year thats ends in the CPU not shooting outside the box and "resetting" feels like, "lets try to get a shot inside the penalty box, no matter what...".

If it´s like last year, there is no slider adjustment that fixes this problem.

Also, shots on the near post get in with an alarming frequency (it was not a problem last year), try to shoot to the nearer post inside the box and you will see what i am talking about. There is a similar problem in PES but to the far post...

# 137 fearwhatnow @ 09/08/15 01:22 PM
Demo is now out on PC.

# 138 TeleTex82 @ 09/08/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Unfortunately i see this as a problem like last year thats ends in the CPU not shooting outside the box and "resetting" feels like, "lets try to get a shot inside the penalty box, no matter what...".

Also, shots on the near post get in with an alarming frequency (it was not a problem last year), try to shoot to the nearer post inside the box and you will see what i am talking about. There is a similar problem in PES but to the far post...
I actually felt near post shots were a bit OP last year. Easiest way to score was to cut into the box iwitha pacey winger and Fire it right at the keeper near post.

# 139 dcar87 @ 09/08/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes

This "lets try to get a shot inside the penalty box, no matter what...". is absolutely not happening in the FIFA 16 demo. There are lots of shots from outside the box and the cpu once even tried to beat my keeper 50 yards away from the touchline.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

# 140 nunogomes @ 09/08/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
I actually felt near post shots were a bit OP last year. Easiest way to score was to cut into th box its a paced winger and Fire it right at the keeper near post.
Last year i didn´t really felt it that much, but in the demo is unbelievable...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.