Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Scheduled to release today, the NBA Live Companion app, EA's new face-scanning tech, dubbed GameFaceHD, has been delayed and should release later this week.

Quote:
Hey guys, the NBA LIVE Companion app will release later this week. We apologize for the short delay and will keep you posted.

According to EA, the team ran into a slight delay in the mobile app submission process.

The delay for the companion app has zero impact on the NBA Live 16 demo, which is still scheduled to release on September 15, featuring LIVE Run, Summer Circuit and Tip Off exhibition games with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers and Oklahoma City Thunder.

Once we get official word on the NBA Live GameFaceHD Companion App release date, we will post the news.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 YaBoial @ 09/08/15 12:43 PM
Kind of disappointing to not have it today. I was hoping to use it. Hurts EA new customers when they fail to reach release dates properly. Hopefully we get some type of blog or instructions on using the app to hold us over

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk

# 22 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/08/15 12:46 PM
The app is useless lol ok . It's an app . I can name a lot more useless apps lol

# 23 dasunsrule32 @ 09/08/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Yet some things can't really be blamed on EA either. App approval has to be approved by Apple and Android. One of those 2 may be the culprit in delay as well.

Not saying that's the case, but yeah.

Regardless, hopefully it'll get through the approval process soon.
Blame Apple, Google is live right away. They scan the apps, etc, while they are uploading them.

# 24 iFnotWhyNoT @ 09/08/15 01:08 PM
To the Live haters this another "I told you they cant get it right, the game gonna suck because of this too ." And Live fanboys are like " It's delayed because they are making it better, this shows they care."

And the rest of the 99% JDGAF

# 25 Jay Jay @ 09/08/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
It can hold u over because it keeps the ball rolling marketing wise and gives you something to look foward to. Right now EA is dry with almost 0 hype for me. You don't drop a trailer like the pro am and disappear . 2k went back to back with blogs , videos , classic teams announcing etc.. Live could drop the game face app let us scan our selves then drop a new trailer or something to get us anxious to play with ourselves in the game. Also we could get word out to or friends to DL the app so when the demo drops we would all have our face scans ready to go and play online with each other ...
If your face scan come out right the first time do you think you will ever use it again? The app is by far not a hold over, the demo will be till the game release.

# 26 juicey79 @ 09/08/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
Na I don't think that's the case of anyone is making a case that live can do no wrong, but instead are making the case that this isn't a big deal, which it isn't. You get a useless app 4 days ahead of it being useful as opposed to 7 days ahead of it being useful. So what does it matter. I personally don't understand why they don't release simultaneously but hey it's not my decision.

Your example is completely apples to oranges in this situation. The demo makes or breaks the importance of app and game, the app doesn't do that for the demo or the game.
I think the issue is the marketing behind it. Users were supposed to have their faces ready to go when the demo dropped. The recent history of Live is what is driving people skepticism and trying to relate 2 separate things together to determine a late means a bad game. I think Live will have an audience of folks who enjoy their game. Personally, its the demo that will impact my decision on buying 2 B-ball games. I hope Live is back.

# 27 nova91 @ 09/08/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Reading some of these comments in this thread is funny to me. How can a gameface app hold anyone over? Unless some of guys plan on adding hundreds of faces. Lmao
How's it gonna hold people over? Some people like to figure out how stuff works ahead of time.

This is a brand new app so there's gonna be some bugs, instead of having 7 days to report and begin fixing bugs they'll have about 3-4. If 2K had released it's face scan thing last year ahead of time, we coyld have caught a few of the problems and reported back and it would have saved a lot of people a lot of time and prevented a lot of the monstrosities we saw when the game dropped.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

# 28 Hopsin @ 09/08/15 01:56 PM
Didn't live say the facescans had to be uploaded to EAs servers after they are done on the app? I'm sure it won't be instant right?
So my thing is to the people saying it wont hold us over, if this is true then a few days before hand is best. I wouldn't want to have to wait to start my ProAm guy because my FaceScan isn't uploaded.

# 29 coolcras7 @ 09/08/15 01:57 PM
Here my grip with not releasing the App today, EA made some bold claims regarding how long it took to scan and download your face during E3, so naturally people want to test this out for validity. I read someone claiming that it has to do with approval from Apple and Google which make no sense because why was this app not approved months ago EA planned to use this feature months ago.

# 30 Jay Jay @ 09/08/15 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
How's it gonna hold people over? Some people like to figure out how stuff works ahead of time.

This is a brand new app so there's gonna be some bugs, instead of having 7 days to report and begin fixing bugs they'll have about 3-4. If 2K had released it's face scan thing last year ahead of time, we coyld have caught a few of the problems and reported back and it would have saved a lot of people a lot of time and prevented a lot of the monstrosities we saw when the game dropped.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Sorry but 2k's face scan is far more difficult than this. Again after you scan your face what else could you do? It's not like your playing the game. However EA should've had this ready for today but it's not that big of a deal without the game and as long as it work as advertised.

# 31 BellSKA @ 09/08/15 02:30 PM
I was looking forward to this app so that I'm ready for the demo before hand and can just play. I don't think a few days is going to change that for me. As some have said, just stop giving us hard dates. It may take 15 minutes to create a player, it may take hours. I don't think any of us know how much detail they are going to give us right now. But I'd much rather get into gameplay right away.

As someone who's job can be hindered by app acceptance delays, I feel for Live a little bit on this one. I think some people here need a very brief idiots guide to app development. Live creates an app. Sends it through their own R&D until they are satisfied and it meets Apple & Android specifications. They submit the app for acceptance. If they change ANYTHING within that time frame there is a good change the app needs to go through a re-submission process.

Live wants to develop the best game possible so everything is constantly being tweaked. Just because they submitted months ago doesn't mean they didn't have more to do.

All this freak out is a non issue...until it is.

# 32 juicey79 @ 09/08/15 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
I was looking forward to this app so that I'm ready for the demo before hand and can just play. I don't think a few days is going to change that for me. As some have said, just stop giving us hard dates. It may take 15 minutes to create a player, it may take hours. I don't think any of us know how much detail they are going to give us right now. But I'd much rather get into gameplay right away.

As someone who's job can be hindered by app acceptance delays, I feel for Live a little bit on this one. I think some people here need a very brief idiots guide to app development. Live creates an app. Sends it through their own R&D until they are satisfied and it meets Apple & Android specifications. They submit the app for acceptance. If they change ANYTHING within that time frame there is a good change the app needs to go through a re-submission process.

Live wants to develop the best game possible so everything is constantly being tweaked. Just because they submitted months ago doesn't mean they didn't have more to do.

All this freak out is a non issue...until it is.
Hey just curious do you think they should hAve put a date stamp on this? I'm a finance guy so this beyond my realm. I'm sure EA isn't happy because this a missed deadline.

# 33 nova91 @ 09/08/15 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Sorry but 2k's face scan is far more difficult than this. Again after you scan your face what else could you do? It's not like your playing the game. However EA should've had this ready for today but it's not that big of a deal without the game and as long as it work as advertised.
The 2K face scan was not meant to be as hard as it was, you could tell that when they gave a decent explanation and corrected a few bugs.

# 34 Rob. D @ 09/08/15 03:04 PM
Looking forward to the app as well but I will say I'm not to fond of this wait and play the demo approach. They still have weeks to bombard us with info but let us gets some tidbits along the way. They gave us the proam stuff but can we get a little more. Still haven't talked about AI, Controls, Defense, Ultimate Team, Rising Star, no official live streams and we barely see any one in here. Not saying they they have to give us any of this but appease your loyalist with something. Maybe they will give us a blog along with the demo so we can try some of the new stuff out while paying???

# 35 El_Poopador @ 09/08/15 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Here my grip with not releasing the App today, EA made some bold claims regarding how long it took to scan and download your face during E3, so naturally people want to test this out for validity. I read someone claiming that it has to do with approval from Apple and Google which make no sense because why was this app not approved months ago EA planned to use this feature months ago.
I'm sure they made several changes to the app since it was initially announced to improve it. Any time an update is made to an app, it has to go through the approval process all over again, so they most likely didn't submit it until recently. Then, if Apple or Google found something they didn't like, it can delay the process.

# 36 scottyp180 @ 09/08/15 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
People were saying the opposite before 2K dropped info. All the flip flopping is funny to me. I'm still waiting on Ultimate Team information, not sure why they can't put information out on it
But even then that was more a result of 2K being quiet oppose to Live releasing a ton of information. People forget that besides the initial Live trailer and news about the improvements all we got from Live all summer was screen shots here and there. They looked good but nothing earth shattering. Plus out of the two games Live needed the early publicity more than 2K.

Now ever since 2K decided to actually push their game Live has had no response except for "demo on the 15th." Don't get me wrong the demo could be enough to sell the game but I would think they would want to do more to bring attention to their game and the demo.

# 37 mrprice33 @ 09/08/15 03:18 PM
Yeah, it's not like you'd just stop working on the app in June, because it has to work with the game and if something in the netcode or import process of the game changes, you'd have to change the app as well.

When you're beholden to the App Store I'd always say "week of" just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 38 WTF @ 09/08/15 03:59 PM
That's understandable, but 1 minor change can restart the process. Unfortunately it happens. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I wish it were out so I could play with it some more. Very cool app.

Hopefully it'll get the green light tomorrow.

# 39 scottyp180 @ 09/08/15 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
These "Live can do no wrong" comments are even funnier tbh...if they announced the demo was canceled tomorrow folks would be like "what's the use of a demo anyway when you can play the final product!?"

It's OK that people are disappointed the app getting pushed back. There's a reason they were releasing it this early in the first place....as build up get you all ready for the 15th and eventually release.

Now it 'doesn't matter' because you don't want anyone saying anything "bad" about Live? lol

Can't wait till it's just all out there on the 15th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's be real man even when it is "all out there" on the 15th the story will be what people want it to be.

Live haters will say "this game sucks. I gave it a try but its the same Live"
Live lovers will say "OMG! Live is back! Best Live/basketball ge ever".
And then you'll get the people that give more of an honest, unbiased opinion.

Personally I'm going into this demo the same way I go into every Live demo, hoping for the beat but not expecting anything GOAT worthy.

# 40 XxSpiritHunterX @ 09/08/15 05:10 PM
Was looking forward to this app today, but I can wait a few more days.

I got a haircut and everything lol

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.