Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The much anticipated Madden NFL 16 patch has arrived for both Xbox One (732 MB) and PlayStation 4 (749 MB). Check out the list of updates below, which include improvements and fixes for gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more.

UPDATE: Just received official word from EA.

Quote:
Players will not need to restart their Connected Franchises to see most of the fixes in the Title Update. However, due to draft classes being randomly generated, you will have to restart if you want the changes to your current draft class, as we cannot retroactively change those ratings.

Also of note, the roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, according to Rex Dickson, creative director of the Madden NFL series.

Let us know what you are seeing!

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
  • Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren’t being touched
  • Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
  • Tuned regression for offensive linemen
  • Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
  • Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
  • Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
  • Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Addressed a rare issue where certain items would not have an image
OTHER
  • Addressed issue where the commentary line and presentation would repeat for a quarterback who returned from injury
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
  • Addressed general bugs and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kse79x @ 09/09/15 10:19 AM
Well damn it. Great that a patch is released but if we still have to wait till the end of the week for the roster update to fix rookie speeds, this sucks. They should put a statement out that those concerned with rookie speed should still not start a CFM league yet until a roster update comes out

# 62 StefJoeHalt @ 09/09/15 10:19 AM
Still a small issue with some not all but some Oline regression..finished test season..Greg Robinson 59 pass block, Luke Joeckel 62 pass block

Sent from my broken iPhone using my data I can't afford

# 63 redsfan4life @ 09/09/15 10:20 AM
I'm running another draft now.

twitch.tv/beeasy17

I'm not scouting

# 64 Steve_OS @ 09/09/15 10:20 AM
Updated the OP, via official word from EA.

Quote:
Players will not need to restart their Connected Franchises to see most of the fixes in the Title Update. However, due to draft classes being randomly generated, you will have to restart if you want the changes to your current draft class, as we cannot retroactively change those ratings.

# 65 The JareBear @ 09/09/15 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Still a small issue with some not all but some Oline regression..finished test season..Greg Robinson 59 pass block, Luke Joeckel 62 pass block

Wow really?

# 66 kse79x @ 09/09/15 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Thanks. But anything about this coming roster update? Do they recommend we wait for that or will those changes be minor?

# 67 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 09/09/15 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepa2624
Will this patch impact current CFM? Or do I need to restart?

Thanks
It would probably impact your CFM if EA had fixed the problems, but since they didn't it really doesn't matter unless you want the rookies already drafted to have the same ratings they would have with the patch, since EA clearly didn't think to tune draft class speed. This "patch" is a joke compared to what they have been telling us it is going to be.

# 68 StefJoeHalt @ 09/09/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Wow really?

Yeah..my thought is they had had "sack" totals which completely blow the ratings up..I scanned through others and don't see as big of a loss..but that is kind of lame

Edit: include Michael Oher 64 pass block

# 69 yankees028 @ 09/09/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

why could they not tell us this days ago or weeks ago?

# 70 Danimal @ 09/09/15 10:24 AM
Well no fixes for auto Subs in CFM leads me to believe this will go untouched again this year.

At work but can anyone tell me if they fixed the broken Defensive Holding slider in CFM?

# 71 wundrbread33 @ 09/09/15 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt

It's hilarious that Greg Robinson is always the example of the offensive lineman that regresses...and I chose the Rams for my 32 user CFM lol.

My luck.

# 72 booker21 @ 09/09/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Wow really?
i´m ok if this happens with a few hands of players. but it will be an issue if every lt regress like that.

Also, again, anyone tried a game after patch into CFM? does players are being capped at 99? or the boost gain was also tweaked?

# 73 Candyman5 @ 09/09/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Rex stated the speed issue on his interview.. They are going to be changing the base rosters to tune up the vets to where they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So basically they are going to convert the main rosters to regular madden ratings.

I have a feeling that for some reason they can't change incoming drafted players algorithms with a patch so this would be the only fix

# 74 SwaggerCoach @ 09/09/15 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I ran a draft saw two 96 speed WR's and a handful of 92-94's..nothing looked out of the norm to me. Maybe I'm crazy though.
Just watched you draft DeAndre Hopkins the WR.

LOL

# 75 StefJoeHalt @ 09/09/15 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wundrbread33
It's hilarious that Greg Robinson is always the example of the offensive lineman that regresses...and I chose the Rams for my 32 user CFM lol.

My luck.

On a positive I would think u can combat it with smart progression and XP..but would think u would be just taking "two steps forward two steps back so to speak"

# 76 yankees028 @ 09/09/15 10:27 AM
I'm more mad that now they say we didnt have to restart a franchise when people have been hanging out waiting for a answer. I would have glady put up with 1 draft class that had high ratings

# 77 kse79x @ 09/09/15 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
I'm more mad that now they say we didnt have to restart a franchise when people have been hanging out waiting for a answer. I would have glady put up with 1 draft class that had high ratings
Agree. But Im confused, does that mean the draft class is fixed with this patch or do we still have to wait for roster update?

# 78 SteelCityColt @ 09/09/15 10:31 AM
So I'm kinda bummed that they've not fixed Rookie Speed, that and the confidence bug is why I was holding off on CFM. Offering up boosting the stock roster as a fix is even more disappointing as I liked how elite speed was rarer in this Madden.

Annoying too that Autosubs still isn't fixed after years of being a known issue. Looks like 16 isn't going to be the Madden to get CFM back on track then.

Side question, does anyone else think it's a cop out you can sign FAs at the start of a CFM on a 1 year no bonus contract? Shouldn't you be forced to negotiate with them to make it more realistic?

Oddly because I've been waiting on the patch for CFM I've gotten into playing MUT and I'm enjoying it. Might stick with it till they fix CFM... hang on a minute... maybe that was their plan all along!

# 79 LovejoyOTF @ 09/09/15 10:32 AM
sounds like we're still waiting for the roster update to get physical rating parity between current rosters and rookies.

and if this regression problem with O-linemen is still present, what on earth was this patch for?

# 80 raiderz4eva @ 09/09/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityColt
So I'm kinda bummed that they've not fixed Rookie Speed, that and the confidence bug is why I was holding off on CFM. Offering up boosting the stock roster as a fix is even more disappointing as I liked how elite speed was rarer in this Madden.

Annoying too that Autosubs still isn't fixed after years of being a known issue. Looks like 16 isn't going to be the Madden to get CFM back on track then.

Side question, does anyone else think it's a cop out you can sign FAs at the start of a CFM on a 1 year no bonus contract? Shouldn't you be forced to negotiate with them to make it more realistic?

Oddly because I've been waiting on the patch for CFM I've gotten into playing MUT and I'm enjoying it. Might stick with it till they fix CFM... hang on a minute... maybe that was their plan all along!
haha ill still play CFM, but when they said to wait on starting i actually tried MUT and liked it. Hard not to buy coins to get better cards. Well played madden.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.