Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The much anticipated Madden NFL 16 patch has arrived for both Xbox One (732 MB) and PlayStation 4 (749 MB). Check out the list of updates below, which include improvements and fixes for gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more.

UPDATE: Just received official word from EA.

Quote:
Players will not need to restart their Connected Franchises to see most of the fixes in the Title Update. However, due to draft classes being randomly generated, you will have to restart if you want the changes to your current draft class, as we cannot retroactively change those ratings.

Also of note, the roster update is scheduled to arrive on Friday, according to Rex Dickson, creative director of the Madden NFL series.

Let us know what you are seeing!

GAMEPLAY
  • Addressed issue where AI defenders would get encroachment penalties after random huddle breaks and occasionally during the no-huddle offense
  • Addressed rare issue where receivers were called down by contact even when they weren’t being touched
  • Addressed quarterback locomotion warps on certain drop backs
CONNECTED FRANCHISE
  • Addressed issue where players could receive over 100 confidence resulting in a short-term attribute boost
  • Tuned regression for offensive linemen
  • Tuned rookie deep accuracy rating
  • Tuned supersim stats where pocket quarterbacks were generating too many rushing attempts
  • Addressed issue where team could sign elite free agents for a low amount
  • Addressed issue where some free agents would disappear from the free agent pool
MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Addressed a rare issue where certain items would not have an image
OTHER
  • Addressed issue where the commentary line and presentation would repeat for a quarterback who returned from injury
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when using multiple controllers
  • Addressed a crash that could occur when exiting a game and the background video would continue to loop
  • Addressed general bugs and stability issues
Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Guccilafluer @ 09/09/15 11:34 AM
Anyway I can download this to a flash drive? Can't get internet service until next week. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 142 Dwaresacksqb @ 09/09/15 11:34 AM
Sorry if this has been addressed already but didn't Rex just say a few days ago that they submitted the patch to get approval from xbox and playstation? So how did this get approved so quickly? If anyone has an answer It would be greatly appreciated.

# 143 kse79x @ 09/09/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffy20
53 man rosters just came out this past Saturday, so less than a week to create accurate rosters for every team is pretty impressive. Add in the fact that they have to create a bunch of players that weren't projected to make 53 man rosters.
Understood. However, the speed issues should've been addressed in a recent roster update already. It should have been a priority actually. Now it is still a waiting game.

# 144 HozAndMoose @ 09/09/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Sorry if this has been addressed already but didn't Rex just say a few days ago that they submitted the patch to get approval from xbox and playstation? So how did this get approved so quickly? If anyone has an answer It would be greatly appreciated.
Was like a week ago wasn't it? And even then it could have been submit a few days before he announced it.

# 145 howboutdat @ 09/09/15 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Well you should be able to combat it some with XP.

Have you seen how little xp you get ? Also should we have have to spend all most all our gameprep time just trying to fix something again like we had to do with confidence last year? Thats not a fix at all

# 146 Allball76 @ 09/09/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Um, so no patch on the speed of rookies. man you gotta be kidding me .
Looks like they got deep acc but no speed ! well i think there is a higher % chance fast people come in as rookies as long as there other abilities are not op ! the deep acc was big ! because having a fast QB that was also super accurate was bad !

# 147 jwelsh1 @ 09/09/15 11:39 AM
So, I have read the whole thread and I still can't tell whether the player speed boost in Friday's roster update is just a theory or if it is a known thing that will happen.

Also, I am guessing there were no player likeness updates in the patch?

# 148 kehlis @ 09/09/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb

They never told us when it was submitted just that it had been and I'm fairly certain they wouldn't have made that announcement until they were fairly confident it would be approved.

Patch could have been submitted three weeks ago for all we know.

# 149 Benz87 @ 09/09/15 11:40 AM
I was looking forward to starting my CFM for the year this weekend, but based on impression from other OSers it sounds like I should hold off until the second patch. It was nice they were able to move this one out the door so quickly, but it sounds like there are still plenty of CFM crippling issues that have been unresolved. It's not a big deal for me because I enjoy MUT, but I feel bad for those who are strictly CFM players. By the time CFM is stable enough to start, 2k16 will be out.

# 150 kse79x @ 09/09/15 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwelsh1
So, I have read the whole thread and I still can't tell whether the player speed boost in Friday's roster update is just a theory or if it is a known thing that will happen.

Also, I am guessing there were no player likeness updates in the patch?

I think its just assumed. I have not seen a confirmation. EA really needs to communicate on this. People who take CFM seriously are waiting on concrete info.

# 151 howboutdat @ 09/09/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allball76
Looks like they got deep acc but no speed ! well i think there is a higher % chance fast people come in as rookies as long as there other abilities are not op ! the deep acc was big ! because having a fast QB that was also super accurate was bad !

Speed kills in madden i can take a wr with not that great of catching and burn people all day with them. Same for a cb, just user him get his stats, to get his xp, youll get him to a great place in two years time.

# 152 Allball76 @ 09/09/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Thats my question too. They took the time to lower rookie QB deep acc, why not do the same with speed for rookies? I dont get it
I agree they should of touch this ALittle

# 153 dkp23 @ 09/09/15 11:42 AM
THis is sad..The imbalance in speed is a huge issue and doesnt seem like they addressed it. I wonder what is their thinking behind this, but whatever. It is EA, they can't help it.

Nice they have linebackers faster than WR/CBs.

GG logic.

# 154 CM Hooe @ 09/09/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
why would a guy lose 23 points to his pass blocking in one season?
The issue is that left tackles (and right tackles to a lesser extent, but it's mostly left tackles) are allowing a disproportionately high number of sacks relative to other starting offensive linemen.

The total number of sacks allowed is actually pretty solid at a glance, but teams' left tackles are allowing too many sacks. For example, in one given sim, the Cowboys allowed 32 total sacks, but Tyron Smith allowed 12 of them. Washington Post credits Tyron Smith with six sacks allowed in 2014 and he's never allowed double-digit sacks in his career per that source. Another example: Browns LT Joe Thomas - probably the premier left tackle in the league - allowed 13 sacks in the same simulated season (with PBK of 96 following the season); he's never allowed more than six sacks in his career, per Washington Post.

The extreme example: for the Rams, they allowed 60 sacks as a team in one sim I did, and Greg Robinson allowed 41 sacks by himself. No other player on the team allowed more than 9.

Combine this with a component of Game Prep where an offensive tackle will automatically regress if he allows too many sacks in a game. For example, Greg Robinson will automatically lose four points in Pass Blocking permanently if he allows four sacks in a game. The amount of regression may be tied to Consistency; the Rams' right tackle, Rob Havenstein, also allowed four sacks in a single game once this sim, and he lost five points on Pass Blocking instead of four. It appears that three sacks allowed is the threshold for any ratings penalty, so an OL can allow 0, 1, or 2 sacks in a game and be fine.

Going back to Greg Robinson allowing 41 sacks in a season - that's a little over 2.5 sacks a game. In a second sim I did, he allowed at least 3 sacks in 8 games, and in two games allowed more than 6 sacks individually. So he's getting hit with PBK ratings penalties at least eight times in the season.

That's the reason we're seeing the tackles regress so much - they are allowing a ton of sacks individually, and the game is penalizing them for that.

For frame of reference - Washington Post credits Vikings LT Matt Kalil, one of the worst current starting tackles in the NFL by consensus, with 13.75 (.75?) sacks allowed in 2014. Unfortunately sortable real-world individual OL stats are proving really hard for me to find.

If I were to take a stab at what the long-term effects of this would be - CPU teams are going to be at the mercy of the sim engine with respect to developing young offensive tackles, and any who don't perform in the game sims are going to probably discarded quickly on account of the extreme PBK regression. The LTs who already have high ratings, though allowing too many sacks, will probably maintain their ratings more often than not because they mostly won't ever hit the single-game sacks allowed thresholds to incur ratings penalties.

# 155 Roncatto @ 09/09/15 11:43 AM
From a logical stand point, it is miles quicker to change the stock roster speed of all the players than 30 draft classes.

QBA accuracy is maybe 10 players per draft so that's easier

# 156 redsfan4life @ 09/09/15 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
I was looking forward to starting my CFM for the year this weekend, but based on impression from other OSers it sounds like I should hold off until the second patch. It was nice they were able to move this one out the door so quickly, but it sounds like there are still plenty of CFM crippling issues that have been unresolved. It's not a big deal for me because I enjoy MUT, but I feel bad for those who are strictly CFM players. By the time CFM is stable enough to start, 2k16 will be out.
Just a suggestion, but use your own judgement here. What is 'franchise crippling' to some may not be to you. I am 100% ready to go with my CFM based on what I've seen.

# 157 Dwaresacksqb @ 09/09/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
They never told us when it was submitted just that it had been and I'm fairly certain they wouldn't have made that announcement until they were fairly confident it would be approved.

Patch could have been submitted three weeks ago for all we know.
Okay yeah that's the only thing that makes sense. Because they told us it was complete on their end on 9.3.15. Not even a week ago. I'm still curious of the actual submission date because I thought the process was roughly 2 weeks in legnth.

# 158 Allball76 @ 09/09/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
Speed kills in madden i can take a wr with not that great of catching and burn people all day with them. Same for a cb, just user him get his stats, to get his xp, youll get him to a great place in two years time.
Naw i Agree with you with the top players in the league rookies should be adjusted down also ! There only a few guys 2- 4 that should come in fast every year!

# 159 yankees028 @ 09/09/15 11:46 AM
I would have to agree I just watched a 15min stream while I was at work. The user simmed 3 seasons and I saw nothing that wasn't addressed in the game. I'm all for someone making a statement with valid proof but you have posted none.

I saw 3 seasons of player progressions to regressions all which I was pleased. A Marcus Mariota then went up only 10pts in 3 years. I will take that every day

# 160 The JareBear @ 09/09/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
From a logical stand point, it is miles quicker to change the stock roster speed of all the players than 30 draft classes.

QBA accuracy is maybe 10 players per draft so that's easier
We will see.

I'm hesitant to get too excited. I'm worried the new ratings will be even wackier than the first. As long as guys are comparable between each other/matched with real life I will be ok. Just want balanced gameplay.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.