Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Kenny "The Jet" Smith has joined Shaquille O'Neal and Ernie Johnson in the NBA 2K16 pre-game, halftime and post-game shows. Check out the video here and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 lakers24 @ 09/10/15 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsFanSteve
Nobody can sit here and say 2K didn't try their hardest to get that TNT/NBA TV license. They have basically everything else except the branding. I think they want it just as much as we do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I'm starting to think if they give up some of the licensing on retro players and Euroleague they might have the cash to go ahead and get the official TNT brand or at the least Chuck. As much as I love Jordan, I believe at minimum they've been giving him $10M per year which is crazy for one guy.

# 42 Jrocc23 @ 09/10/15 05:55 AM
Pregame, Halftime, and Postgame.

Happy as hell they got Kenny. Good find OP. 2K brings it all the time. Love this team.

# 43 cthurt @ 09/10/15 06:28 AM
Mannnnnnnnnnn 2k is on some other ish right now, got so caught up in what they were saying and how good the chemistry was between them that I forgot it was a video game until those beautiful halftime highlights popped up.

I never seen 2k make great improvements in every inch of the game like they have this year, that 2k17 wishlist is getting smaller and smaller with each announcement.

# 44 dazzelle @ 09/10/15 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
and Postgame.
I hope the ps4 version gets post game highlights if played on more than 6-7 min qtrs.

Played on 12 min qtrs last year and never got any player of the game highlights ect.

Any news if that issue has been addressed.

# 45 lakers24 @ 09/10/15 06:35 AM
Gotta say, Kenny's scan looks damn realistic and definitely is the best of the 3. Also, this is a nitpick but NO's crowd wearing blue during playoff games bothers me as they where red or white based on last years playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
I hope the ps4 version gets post game highlights if played on more than 6-7 min qtrs.

Played on 12 min qtrs last year and never got any player of the game highlights ect.
I'd say it's likely that they've been fixed if we have a dedicated post game/ halftime show now.

# 46 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/15 07:12 AM
Confirmation of post game highlights being fixed would be glorious...

any dev want to come drop the mic on that one?

please? lol

# 47 Vni @ 09/10/15 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Confirmation of post game highlights being fixed would be glorious...

any dev want to come drop the mic on that one?

please? lol
I can't see this feature being broken two years in a row.

# 48 Da-Man @ 09/10/15 07:22 AM
Amazing simply amazing

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

# 49 aholbert32 @ 09/10/15 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I can't see this feature being broken two years in a row.
It was broken in 2k14 too. So that would make it 3 years in a row.

# 50 BigBlue @ 09/10/15 07:39 AM
It just can't possibly get any better than this. Absolutely awesome!

BigBlue

# 51 Vni @ 09/10/15 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It was broken in 2k14 too. So that would make it 3 years in a row.
Didn't know that.

# 52 aholbert32 @ 09/10/15 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavsFanSteve
Nobody can sit here and say 2K didn't try their hardest to get that TNT/NBA TV license. They have basically everything else except the branding. I think they want it just as much as we do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Has 2k ever confirmed that they are even trying to get the TNT license? I always thought that it would be a waste of money and resources just to use a logo and whatever scoreboard TNT is using that year.

Also it restricts 2k's ability to hire announcers. Doris Burke is an ESPN reporter and I doubt ESPN would let her be affiliated with a rival network in a video game. Same goes for Clark Kellogg. When ESPN was licensed, they only used ESPN announcers.

# 53 8KB24 @ 09/10/15 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I fail to see your point. Why does controlling 5 or controlling 1 make a difference to having half time shows?

And I'll be playing both. Like I do every year.
Because I don't think LeBron's watching Shaq fool around on TV in the halftime when he's supposed to work out how to stop (insert player) from droping 40.

# 54 crazy_87 @ 09/10/15 07:46 AM
I really like this. but a small side point that i saw during the video that kinda disapointed me a bit.

as they said in the Myleague Blog you could switch between simcast and game with almost no loading time i had the hope that those horrible loading times from last year would be gone throughout the whole Game.. but in this video you can clearly see that the long loading times at least before Games are back.

# 55 Peninc @ 09/10/15 07:55 AM
Jose whats up Papi!

# 56 LeBronistheKing @ 09/10/15 07:56 AM
Really love what I'm seeing in terms of presentation. Hope that the halftime and post-game/Jordan player of the gams highlights have been fixed and are present when playing 12 minute quarters.

# 57 Bexthelegend @ 09/10/15 08:00 AM
It makes sense that you talk to your coach during halftime of my career

# 58 porkys8077 @ 09/10/15 08:00 AM
A awesome year for sports games.

# 59 El_Poopador @ 09/10/15 08:01 AM
Happy to see that a halftime report has made it back in, with highlights! I wonder if there will be highlights from other games peppered in as well. Hopefully it's not limited to just the playoffs.

# 60 LeBronistheKing @ 09/10/15 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Happy to see that a halftime report has made it back in, with highlights! I wonder if there will be highlights from other games peppered in as well. Hopefully it's not limited to just the playoffs.
I'm hoping for this as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.