Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Kenny "The Jet" Smith has joined Shaquille O'Neal and Ernie Johnson in the NBA 2K16 pre-game, halftime and post-game shows. Check out the video here and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 nickthemajin @ 09/10/15 10:35 AM
To be honest, if it costs a ton of money to slap the TNT logo on there I'd rather they not do it. Let 2k put their money to the rest of the game. I don't give two ****s what the logo and scoreboard look like. . If its a trivial amount by all means for authenticities sake but in the grand scheme of things it's just a logo. 2k doesn't need it.

# 122 jmaj315 @ 09/10/15 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Mannnnnnnnnnn 2k is on some other ish right now, got so caught up in what they were saying and how good the chemistry was between them that I forgot it was a video game until those beautiful halftime highlights popped up.

I never seen 2k make great improvements in every inch of the game like they have this year, that 2k17 wishlist is getting smaller and smaller with each announcement.
Unlikely. I would say that the people of OS are very... imaginative.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
any chance of this being available for online? Last year we only saw Shaq and Ernie offline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I doubt it. Most people that play online Head-to-Head aren't playing for the presentation experience.
What about MyLeague Online?
I would agree head to head would be a waste, but league play... one can hope

# 123 eko718 @ 09/10/15 10:49 AM
I must say, while the halftime show, postgame show and inclusion of Kenny is a big step forward, the way the studio looks visually is a bit of a regression to me. It looks like these dudes are in some industrial warehouse...the color choice of nearly all black for that is odd as well.... the 2K15 studio color scheme looked better IMO. That might be hard on the eyes after a while...for me at least. I do however love the in-arena backdrop during the playoffs. Would be cool if they do that for the All-Star game as well.

# 124 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/10/15 10:56 AM
I don't understand this fixation on adding the TNT license. News flash guys....This basically is TNT presentation just without the TNT brand! The only thing they're missing is Barkley. I myself would prefer they keep it like it is. No need to invest all that $ just to have the TNT logo on their presentation. Seems like a waste to me especially when they could use those resources for other aspects of the game. Also like Aholbert32 said, it actually benefits them NOT to have the TNT license because it doesn't restrict them from having people in the game who don't work for TNT. Like I said the already have TNT presentation just without the logo lol.

# 125 rudeworld @ 09/10/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Has 2k ever confirmed that they are even trying to get the TNT license? I always thought that it would be a waste of money and resources just to use a logo and whatever scoreboard TNT is using that year.

Also it restricts 2k's ability to hire announcers. Doris Burke is an ESPN reporter and I doubt ESPN would let her be affiliated with a rival network in a video game. Same goes for Clark Kellogg. When ESPN was licensed, they only used ESPN announcers.
Not true... they had the great fictional voice actors in NFL2K5 (AND BEFORE).

# 126 PhiPsi1 @ 09/10/15 11:03 AM
All I have to say is....."THANK YOU EA SPORTS!!!!"

Why do I say this? I feel that now with EA Sports attempting to step up their game with NBA Live, the 2K Team is really pushing the envelope and ushering us to the promise land of virtual basketball! This is in no way saying that the 2K Team hasn't self motivated themselves each and every year in the past....BUT competition breeds innovation....

So kudos to EA Sports for re-entering the picture and even to extent subconsciously pushing the 2K Team to new heights....and MAJOR PROPS to the 2K Team in answering the challenge!

The OS Community are the BIG WINNERS this year! *cue Daniel Bryan chant* YES! YES! YES! YES!

#SimNationUnite #OGDa_CzarBedwardsAnd2KThankYou

# 127 rkocjay @ 09/10/15 11:05 AM
man man 2k is doing it again

# 128 MontanaMan @ 09/10/15 11:07 AM
That TNT license must be too expensive for 2K's pockets at the moment.

# 129 rudeworld @ 09/10/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
These cats are functioning on an entirely different plane than anyone else in game development. Love the addition of Kenny Smith. This leaves Greg Anthony as the other commentator in my eyes. Small gripe, as much as I want TNT, I get that we cant get everything. But it would be cool if they had named the show something generic like "NBA on 2K" or "Around The Association". It's a very small thing, though. Great job as always. .
They will not use Greg Anthony... once he was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute he was gone from Turner broadcastso (NBA) and ncaa final four studio shows...

# 130 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/10/15 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzelle
I hope the ps4 version gets post game highlights if played on more than 6-7 min qtrs.

Played on 12 min qtrs last year and never got any player of the game highlights ect.

Any news if that issue has been addressed.
I remember the Czar saying that it was an issue with the PS4 that was causing this problem. Something about because the PS4 constantly records gameplay, the memory was causing it not to show highlights when playing on quarters longer than 6 minutes. I hope they were able to find a solution for this.

# 131 MontanaMan @ 09/10/15 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I don't understand this fixation on adding the TNT license. News flash guys....This basically is TNT presentation just without the TNT brand! The only thing they're missing is Barkley. I myself would prefer they keep it like it is. No need to invest all that $ just to have the TNT logo on their presentation. Seems like a waste to me especially when they could use those resources for other aspects of the game. Also like Aholbert32 said, it actually benefits them NOT to have the TNT license because it doesn't restrict them from having people in the game who don't work for TNT. Like I said the already have TNT presentation just without the logo lol.
It's called immersion. There's no such thing as "2K Sports TV" and that's immersion breaking for some people.

We demand true to life authenticity in so many other areas, I don't know why you're trying to make people seem unreasonable for wanting TNT presentation.

But that's how this forum is. Everything you want is stupid and unnecessary, and everything I want is must-have or else the game is garbage.

All of that aside, this looks incredible and I'm hyped up.

# 132 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/10/15 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
It's going to be interesting to see how 2k follows this year up. Almost impossible to reach the same level of hype.
The funny part about that is people say that about 2K every year but they always find a way to amaze us lol. Year after year they continue to set the bar

# 133 Daddy123 @ 09/10/15 11:24 AM
The youtube link is backup, so I posted it.

# 134 rudeworld @ 09/10/15 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Reinstated + if he already recorded everything prior, what does being arrested prohibit you from using him? It doesn't..
Reinstated? Cool... good for him but at the time they could have easily scrapped him. I'm not a Greg Anthony *****, I actually like him (ex-knick). I think it will be Chris Webber.

# 135 aholbert32 @ 09/10/15 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
Not true... they had the great fictional voice actors in NFL2K5 (AND BEFORE).
Whats not true? I never said they couldnt have fictional characters. What I said was they cant have people who are employed by other networks (Burke is employed by ESPN) acting as if they work for a competing network in a video game.

# 136 strawberryshortcake @ 09/10/15 11:27 AM
It's official. It's on NBA 2K's youtube page.

Where the heck is Doc & Marty McFly when you need them? Where the heck is the delorean when you need one? That lucky dog.

# 137 renan_23rossi @ 09/10/15 11:29 AM
OMG! Look at 1:58 minutes... this is must be the newest build, 'cause the graphics are so much better than the others videos, look the crowd shadow, omg!!!!

# 138 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/10/15 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
It's called immersion. There's no such thing as "2K Sports TV" and that's immersion breaking for some people.

We demand true to life authenticity in so many other areas, I don't know why you're trying to make people seem unreasonable for wanting TNT presentation.

But that's how this forum is. Everything you want is stupid and unnecessary, and everything I want is must-have or else the game is garbage.

1st off I'm not trying to make it seem unreasonable for people wanting TNT presentation. My point is they basically already have it. Now if having a 2K logo instead of a TNT logo on it kills it for you then that's too bad & you're entitled to your opinion as is everyone else.

2nd, "Everything you want is stupid and unnecessary, and everything I want is must-have or else the game is garbage", I don't recall anyone saying this or giving that impression. Sorry if you feel that way bro.

# 139 MarkWilliam @ 09/10/15 11:34 AM
Honestly, I'd like TNT because I love their graphics and hearing their music before tip off would be awesome. Haha

But I get how thats really not cost effective and would come with limitations....

But graphics and music.

Haha.

# 140 aholbert32 @ 09/10/15 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

LOL. Thats really dramatic.

No one called wanting the TNT license "stupid". I wouldnt mind seeing it. Its just weird how its become an obsession here. What we are talking about is a logo and a set design.

The fact is 2k is doing the sim community a huge favor by adding these features in the game because most casual player skip past pre, post and halftime shows. OS is one of the few places on the internet where you will find people demanding these features or complaining because the scoreboard hasnt changed in this year's game.

Licensing a network's mark in a game isnt cheap. I know this because I worked on trademark licenses for the cable network I work for. I did that work for 5 years and we are talking about deals in the high hundred thousands to millions. Now, I would rather 2k spend that money on resources that would help the gameplay (new employees, additional tech) than just a logo that appears during screen wipes and on the scoreboard.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.