Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just revealed the final two teams added to the NBA 2K16 classic teams list. With the '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers & '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves announced today, here are the 12 confirmed classic teams added to the game.
  • '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves
  • '04-'05 Phoenix Suns
  • '05-'06 Miami Heat
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 WTF @ 09/10/15 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Hughes didn't come until later. Even better, it was Ricky Davis on that LBJ rookie squad, with one of the greatest miscalculations of all-time before he and Darius were dealt by the deadline.
Haha, yeah, I meant Ricky Davis. Ricky Davis and Darius Miles... phenomenal talent, lol.

Wish they would have did a team w/ Delonte and Big Ben though.

# 42 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
Lol at least we got the Drew gooden with the patch in the back in the game.

I'll take it tho, all new teams are welcome
I will be thoroughly disappointed if Gooden doesn't have his patch.

# 43 DutchMastah7 @ 09/10/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You all can't be serious that you don't want to be playing with the 06-07 Cavs. Larry.... Friggin... Hughes.

Wishing we got the D-Miles/Larry Hughes/LBJ rookie team, but I'll take a Big Z/LBJ team.

How could you not want to play with a guy who has an entire website dedicated to him:

http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakin...ybadshots.com/

I think you meant Ricky Davis, not Hughes. I'd much rather play with that team than the 2007 one. That team also had Boozer.

# 44 cthurt @ 09/10/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure I'd use Coach of the Year and the Sixth Man award as means of justifying a team's greatness. Obviously, they found a way to make it work, but Aaron McKie, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, and Eric Snow (aka their top scorers after Allen Iverson and the offensively deficient Dikembe Mutombo) were instilling fear into much of anyone.

But again, they found a way to make it work regardless, so that's good on them.

Sarcasm my friend, I know they caught lighting in a bottle that year.

# 45 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Sarcasm my friend, I know they caught lighting in a bottle that year.
Dang, well played. It seemed so believable, ha.

# 46 eko718 @ 09/10/15 03:32 PM
It would have been cool if they showed actual in-game images of some of these teams, as opposed to merely the team selection screen. Somehow, I'm not holding my breath on the players on these teams looking authentic, especially when it comes to younger versions of active players(ie: Wade, Lebron, Dirk, etc.).

# 47 daveberg @ 09/10/15 03:33 PM
Urgh, Cavs.

Definitely one team I won't use.

Great news on the T-Wolves though!!

# 48 STLRams @ 09/10/15 03:33 PM
Meh, not really that excited for either team. I was hoping for the 93 Suns, or 91 Hawks, or 92 Knicks, or 99 Knicks or 2000 Pacers. Well I guess the Lebron fans are happy. So now we will have what ... 3 versions of Lebron in the game I guess? To each is own. Anyway I am glad 2K added more teams even though half of these new teams I wouldn't consider classic, but its nice to see that 2K tried to please alot of fans with the teams added.

# 49 CookNBA03 @ 09/10/15 03:35 PM
Should've been the 08-09 Cavs instead, I wanted Delonte...

# 50 fpliii @ 09/10/15 03:35 PM
Peak KG will be amazing. Lakers fan, but if Cassell doesn't get hurt doing that celebration, they might've faced off with Detroit in the Finals.

# 51 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 03:37 PM
I like both selections. It'll be cool to have the old Cavaliers court and jerseys (back to the look I prefer to their current uniforms).

Moreover, not only will this Cavs squad feature close-to-peak athleticism LeBron James, but it'll be compatible with multiple other teams added. For instance, with just a few minor tweaks, one could re-create James' incredible performance against the Pistons in that year's conference finals (add created Antonio McDyess and created Chris Webber to Pistons roster). The 2006 Heat and 2008 Celtics could also serve as worthy foes with some small changes.

I dig it.

# 52 cthurt @ 09/10/15 03:40 PM
Quote:
I like both selections. It'll be cool to have the old Cavaliers court and jerseys (back to the look I prefer to their current uniforms).

Moreover, not only will this Cavs squad feature close-to-peak athleticism LeBron James, but it'll be compatible with multiple other teams added. For instance, with just a few minor tweaks, one could re-create James' incredible performance against the Pistons in that year's conference finals (add created Antonio McDyess and created Chris Webber to Pistons roster). The 2006 Heat and 2008 Celtics could also serve as worthy foes with some small changes.

I dig it.

This type of thinking makes me miss Playoff mode, because I would definitely set up these matchups.

# 53 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Meh, not really that excited for either team. I was hoping for the 93 Suns, or 91 Hawks, or 92 Knicks, or 99 Knicks or 2000 Pacers. Well I guess the Lebron fans are happy. So now we will have what ... 3 versions of Lebron in the game I guess? To each is own. Anyway I am glad 2K added more teams even though half of these new teams I wouldn't consider classic, but its nice to see that 2K tried to please alot of fans with the teams added.
Respectfully, the 1991 Hawks are likely classic in terms of age only, and that doesn't necessarily make them more desirable by default. I'd consider most of the additions this year likely better fits for classic/retro/throwback/former-team-brought-back status.

Further, while the 1992 Knicks were a bit different from their already-included 1994 (edit: 1995, thanks, Journey) counterpart, I feel as though that would have been a wasted slot, so to speak, since the already-included squad could likely be easily fashioned to represent the '92 team as it is (create Xavier McDaniel, Mark Jackson).

The only selection issue I have this season would probably be the 2013 Heat, only because that squad is barely a year removed from existing and can so easily still be made.

Either way, if there was going to be three versions of someone, it might as well be LeBron James. Doesn't Michael Jordan have five or so versions at this point now? And Shaquille O'Neal has four? Not to mention Kobe Bryant now has three appearances, ditto Dwyane Wade, Dikembe Mutombo, Charles Oakley, and of course, Paul Mokeski.

# 54 DutchMastah7 @ 09/10/15 03:47 PM
I'm happy with every new classic team, minus the '13 Heat. They're taking up a spot that could've went to the Nets.

Hopefully LD was right when he said there's always room for more. People will PAY for more teams. At least I know I would.

# 55 Ray Vibes @ 09/10/15 03:47 PM
I'm Surprised no Spurs team made the cut.

# 56 23 @ 09/10/15 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Ray
I'm Surprised no Spurs team made the cut.
Im not, but at least they do have a team in the game with D Rob

# 57 daveberg @ 09/10/15 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You all can't be serious that you don't want to be playing with the 06-07 Cavs. Larry.... Friggin... Hughes.

Wishing we got the D-Miles/Larry Hughes/LBJ rookie team, but I'll take a Big Z/LBJ team.

How could you not want to play with a guy who has an entire website dedicated to him:

http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakin...ybadshots.com/

I'll trade him and put him onto the Wizards with MJ.

Not interested in any Bron team. Yeah, I'm a *****.

# 58 CookNBA03 @ 09/10/15 03:49 PM
Will these teams be in next year or are these for a year only?

# 59 VDusen04 @ 09/10/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMastah7
I'm happy with every new classic team, minus the '13 Heat. They're taking up a spot that could've went to the Nets.

Hopefully LD was right when he said there's always room for more. People will PAY for more teams. At least I know I would.
I agree on the first part. It would have been nice to see a Nets squad. And I'm surprised a 2000's Spurs didn't make the cut.

I always balk when paying for teams comes up though. I don't think that's necessary and I always fear when gamers bring it up. If 2K's ability to add all these squads is any indication (not mention securing rights for all the Euroleague players and over 30 songs), they're not really at a point where they need us to pay above the price of admission to have these teams included... unless we beg them to charge us, at which point they may oblige, haha.

# 60 BA2929 @ 09/10/15 03:51 PM
Ummmm amazing?!?!?

Scot Pollard?????

The Mayor???

Wally Szczerbiak?????

Year past his "prime" Michael Olowokandi????

Best year of his career KG?

My "classic players included" MyLeague is going to be smokin' hot this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.