Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just revealed the final two teams added to the NBA 2K16 classic teams list. With the '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers & '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves announced today, here are the 12 confirmed classic teams added to the game.
  • '06-'07 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • '03-'04 Minnesota Timberwolves
  • '04-'05 Phoenix Suns
  • '05-'06 Miami Heat
  • '12-'13 Miami Heat
  • '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
  • '07-'08 Houston Rockets
  • '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
  • '07-08 Boston Celtics
  • '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
  • '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
  • '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 bran9413 @ 09/10/15 08:52 PM
With T-Mac being my favorite player of all time. I can't wait to see what the Raptors and Rockets version of him looks like

# 162 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/10/15 08:52 PM
The filters were freaking bad azz dude I miss those so much that was a brilliant idea from 2k .... I felt like I was playing in that period

# 163 Insight23 @ 09/10/15 09:00 PM
PLEASE have accurate player models. Don't wanna see the same LeBron on current Cavs, 13 Heat, 07 Cavs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 164 CookNBA03 @ 09/10/15 09:01 PM
Wish 2K would make special players available like Brandon Roy, Gilbert Arenas, etc. for VC or something.

# 165 LeBronistheKing @ 09/10/15 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
The filters were freaking bad azz dude I miss those so much that was a brilliant idea from 2k .... I felt like I was playing in that period
I feel like if they could get back to the level of presentation and Polish of 2k12 in terms of graphics and era specific filters but with the next gen capabilities then they would be in tremendous shape. I'm hoping that with the ambitious inclusions of the 12 new teams that they have at least attempted to get some visual accuracy in the player models. At least up to the level of the non scanned current players.

# 166 Junior Moe @ 09/10/15 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That historic TV presentation (with classic rules included) was really the bee's knees. It's a bummer it couldn't be carried beyond 2K12.

That said, filter or not, headscans or no, I think we can do better than what we got for guys like Bill Russell last year.

Last gen:

Current gen:

The models can always be improved upon. Especially that Bill Russell. That's a travesty! LOL. The historic players do look better (lighting, body) from the Robert Horry screen I saw. I think we'd be fine if they just let us select a filter (60's-70's, 80's, 90's or present) in the options menu and go from there. Whenever I play with the Euro teams I switch the commentary to Spanish, even though I don't understand a word of it. It just adds to the game for me. The filters would be the same in my eyes.

# 167 Taer @ 09/10/15 10:40 PM
A couple of thoughts:

1. I'm grateful the classic teams continue to be present. I remember the year they were gone and it sucked.
  2. Da_Czar did say that all playbooks were upgraded. Not all freelance specialties were upgraded (80's). This still means improvement.
Upgrading individual models is a lot more resource hungry than most of you realize or know.

I was talking to a friend that does artwork for another gaming company and he claims that it would be a major undertaking for 2K to redo the classic teams. Take this for whatever you want but going back and redoing models is a rare thing in the gaming industry.

Unless we have something major with the classics marketing, mode, or whatever; to expect redoing the models might be unrealistic to expect, horrid as some might be.

As far as the teams included this year: I'm pretty well satisfied. I always want more Lakers and Sonics but that is me. Timverwolves I like them adding as well.

The Cavs, I'm not surprised: they went to the finals and they had the most media-watched roster moves last year. I know there is a big Cav faction at 2K but I do feel they keep that in check.

This year's inclusion is a nod towards the casuals more than anything I think.

# 168 Starwipe @ 09/10/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran9413
With T-Mac being my favorite player of all time. I can't wait to see what the Raptors and Rockets version of him looks like
But they still don't have the best version of T-Mac. Orlando T-Mac. Good thing is you can always create your own version of it.

# 169 georgiafan @ 09/10/15 11:21 PM
Count me on the masses with these two the wolves is cool with a prime KG and it's coming for, kinda a random team. I don't see me every using the caves team but it's expected and a lot of people will since it's a young Lebron. I would have also Rather have some 90's teams but that wasn't likely

# 170 SonicMage @ 09/10/15 11:42 PM
I love most of these picks but I, too, am surprised by the omission of any of the Spurs squads, arguably the greatest franchise of that decade, in favor of Lebron heavy teams. The problem I have with the inclusion of the 12-13 team is that it doesn't add any legends to the game, since we already get Ray Ray from the 08' Celtics. We get Battier back, but personally I'd rather see a version of Bruce Bowen with the defensive footwork they've supposedly added this year. Luckily Duncan and Ginobili didn't decide to retire this summer, or we might not have seen either one in a prime form in the game this year and that would've been a shame.

OK, I'm done griping, these are welcome additions to the game, and I look forward to seeing prime Vince, McGrady, and KG!

# 171 Greyhound @ 09/11/15 12:09 AM
So will Last-Gen users be able to play with these new classic teams?

# 172 Crizlassic88 @ 09/11/15 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Gotta love how they didn't even get the Wolves logo right.

Spurs and Nets for DLC please!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

# 173 Dos_Santos @ 09/11/15 12:51 AM
No Spurs and no mavs championship teams is lame.

# 174 DamnYanks2 @ 09/11/15 01:13 AM
Ugh the Cavs addition is almost as disappointing as lebron's Heat. Always cool to have new additions, don't get me wrong, but how can they leave out those nasty Milwaukee and New York teams. Minnesota is cool, but I'm a but disappointed. Still, there's enough here, to keep me interested

# 175 LionsFanNJ @ 09/11/15 01:58 AM
Well as upset as I am I xant play with a classic Nets team, some of the others are cool.

# 176 Chocolate Chip @ 09/11/15 02:00 AM
sigh the .. 07 cavs
the 01 bucks would have been a better pick

# 177 dirk.93 @ 09/11/15 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
I love most of these picks but I, too, am surprised by the omission of any of the Spurs squads, arguably the greatest franchise of that decade, in favor of Lebron heavy teams. The problem I have with the inclusion of the 12-13 team is that it doesn't add any legends to the game, since we already get Ray Ray from the 08' Celtics. We get Battier back, but personally I'd rather see a version of Bruce Bowen with the defensive footwork they've supposedly added this year. Luckily Duncan and Ginobili didn't decide to retire this summer, or we might not have seen either one in a prime form in the game this year and that would've been a shame.

OK, I'm done griping, these are welcome additions to the game, and I look forward to seeing prime Vince, McGrady, and KG!
no ones have thought to Agent 0 or Baron Davis. It would have been great to see Wizards 06 Warriors 07 Jazz 08 Magic 09 Nets 02 Kings 01/02 Knicks 99 Mavs 11 Bucks 01 Sonics 05 Pacers 04 Lakers 09

# 178 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/11/15 02:07 AM
Yeah I dont like both the 13 Heat and 07 Cavs but...c'mon...all these new classic teams are fantastic.

No other sports game does this.

Great job 2K.

# 179 Jordanmike6 @ 09/11/15 04:15 AM
Ok for the Cav's 07 why not? they did a great conference finals against the Pistons, it was not a series, it was a fight, but a beautiful fight!!

But now maybe we will get more news about Jordan memorabilia!!

I don't speak about Wolves 04 because it is a real classic team with Sprewell!

But now we want news about RETRO TEAM!!

# 180 daveberg @ 09/11/15 06:11 AM
I'm just going to dump most of the legends into the free agent pool/trade them onto the current day teams, as I fear the classic players won't have had their uniforms fixed.

I'd rather see them in today's long shorts with some cloth physics than stationary, skin tight lego brick jerseys ala the last 2 years.

Still hugely grateful for all the new additions, 2k is going above and beyond this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.