Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released some NBA Live 16 gameplay videos. It includes a couple of quick videos from the Summer Circuit in Brooklyn, performance after the Pro-Am game and a look at the new playcalling system.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The 24th Letter @ 09/11/15 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not that impressed on the chosen clip. I wish they would have upped the difficulty and showed some solid rotations, and having to break the defense down.

There's nothing more fun in this game than breaking your defender down, having the help d rotate over, kick it to the open man, to have another defender rotate (see where I'm going?) and eventually have a crazy mismatch. I love taking advantage of the mismatches.

I'm guess I'm impressed with the potential

You could run that 20 times in '15 and i don't think you could get Durants defended to budge....

Just looks like they finally got that aspect clicking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 62 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Do you like the way it transitions on change of possessions ?
Yes. I'm trying to think of something to compare it to, but there really isn't much out there. I was sucked into it though. Once you see it running in front of you (not in video), it'll suck you in. I'm a sideline guy, but this will be my camera for the year.

# 63 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm guess I'm impressed with the potential

You could run that 20 times in '15 and i don't think you could get Durants defended to budge....

Just looks like they finally got that aspect clicking

Oh, I agree. Even in this short clip, you can see vast improvement over 15. But increase the difficulty, and get into the game is where you'll see it shine. When the doubles start coming, and the defensive strategies start kicking in, it's great.

# 64 magicman32 @ 09/11/15 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
He's late to react to the Westbrook drive, which means he's late to react to the pass, but Westbrook had an open dunk if he wanted it, which is why the defender is crashing down so hard.
Durant's man decided to run over as the ball was passed but ok. LOL. Don't want to go back and forth. That entire defensive sequence wasn't very good to me. Just my opinion. Could of been just that one play.

I'll see what's up with the demo.

# 65 Jano @ 09/11/15 07:25 PM
It wasn't lol. He truly did run after the pass was already made which was odd.

I'm sure you weren't saying that to mean you are writing the game off completely. It was just an odd defensive error.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 66 mrprice33 @ 09/11/15 07:27 PM
It's not 100% perfect but there is an explanation for the behaviors the AI exhibited there. But you will see on the 15th

# 67 Jano @ 09/11/15 07:28 PM
And that's food to hear. Last year the D seemed to only be capable of making a few defensive decisions lol. 😂

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 68 The 24th Letter @ 09/11/15 07:32 PM
I don't know if I can abandon broadcast but I'll def be checking out the classic cam

# 69 Nemesis Enforcer @ 09/11/15 07:33 PM
Can someone post the links? It's just a pic of the vids on front post and I keep tapping it and nothing..

# 70 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer
Can someone post the links? It's just a pic of the vids on front post and I keep tapping it and nothing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5YzgYB1jRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XucFSOsDE98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS-jiX-osw4

# 71 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/11/15 07:35 PM
Am I missing something or were those videos like seconds long . Couldn't get anything from them , please ea, longer next time

# 72 WTF @ 09/11/15 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Am I missing something or were those videos like seconds long . Couldn't get anything from them , please ea, longer next time
I'm hoping for Longer too. Keeping fingers crossed. It was Raw gameplay footage though, lol.

# 73 stillfeelme @ 09/11/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
I'm trying to helpfully point things out where I can and help nudge y'all lol.

Some fun Kevin Durant stats...shot 44% from that spot on the floor last season, and shot about 16% better on wide open (6+feet away) 3s than he did on average (56% wide open vs 40% overall).

44+16...what does that equal? Huh...weird. I've seen a number really close to that before.
Have to say ideas waiting for a game to implement this exactly how it should be

# 74 stillfeelme @ 09/11/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
I'm trying to helpfully point things out where I can and help nudge y'all lol.

Some fun Kevin Durant stats...shot 44% from that spot on the floor last season, and shot about 16% better on wide open (6+feet away) 3s than he did on average (56% wide open vs 40% overall).

44+16...what does that equal? Huh...weird. I've seen a number really close to that before.
Have to say I have been waiting for a game to implement this exactly how it should be

# 75 k1lo5 @ 09/11/15 07:44 PM
Man this gameplay is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
The 5 v 5 summer circuit, dribbling looks tight, pick n rolls look legit and that dunk in traffic. Tidy! No stupid arse '360 eastbay' in traffic dunks!!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

# 76 Nemesis Enforcer @ 09/11/15 07:47 PM
Thanks for the links! This place is hardcore . Enjoying all the insight as I just started playing live 15 last week and oddly couldn't put it down even though I got the madden bundle.

I agree with the crowds. The sound does seem better though. Just the atmosphere in 15 seemed dulled and I think it was the crowd or lack of variance. Like the ushers but the crowd needs people moving to their seats, signs, pockets of groups standing instead of everyone, heat fans arriving late/leaving early and maybe some wannabes on the floor seats!

# 77 noshun @ 09/11/15 07:49 PM
Looks like ill be playing the demo throughout the year. Looks decent, needs more polishing.

# 78 Gramps91 @ 09/11/15 07:51 PM
Looks pretty good and I like the look of the new playcalling system

# 79 juicey79 @ 09/11/15 07:56 PM
I am a bit disappointed....graphics looked washed out when playing....maybe I have to play on my TV but these videos compared to the game in motion is a let down...plus 3 mins total out of 3 clips ...c'mon son!

# 80 ruLEX$$ @ 09/11/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
The close-ups in the Brooklyn video looked good but once it transitioned into gameplay the detail all but disappeared as if the players almost looked faceless. The close-ups appear to be cut-screens more then they are in game graphics. Sorry but not impressed with the graphics or animations.
Just to add on to this. I see some live legacy issues as far as the passing. The first pass made to left wing the pg facing foward didn't turn his body at all to make the pass, the ball magically came off his hand and angled itself left. Another thing I noticed was the choppy speed and lack of body movement with the dribble animations (behind the back and same hand between the leg dribble). Overall despite the expected animation issues live 16 looks worth playing

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.