Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports has just released some NBA Live 16 gameplay videos. It includes a couple of quick videos from the Summer Circuit in Brooklyn, performance after the Pro-Am game and a look at the new playcalling system.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Playmakers @ 09/12/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Yeah live will be a exhibition game for the most part.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

And that's pretty sad because from reading through this thread it seems like once again this series will be the step child and it just goes to show that pretty graphics, sneakers and courts can only go so far if you continue to lag behind in the actual gameplay and overall depth of the game.

There used to be a time where this series wasn't just a pick up and play game just for fun....

You could actually get deep into it

Now all i here is people saying they will love playing it online and against friends taking it for what it's worth

Hopefully they (EA) shock us but I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket just yet..

# 142 swac07 @ 09/12/15 01:11 PM
True ^^^^^^thats why im not buying full price ...once I get my full of pro am/live run what else is left to play?..Franchise..untouched...rising star...untouched...Lut (not spending extra money just to game).. Live moments....ehh

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 143 Goffs @ 09/12/15 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
They won't come to PC until they start making a profit. It would cost them a couple million dollars to do that and the fanbase is small on the PC front. Definitely not worth doing, but I would like to see it come to PC as well bro.
A couple of millions to port a game? A game that's most likely developed on PC first? If it's developed in house I doubt it costs them that much. Hell even if it's handled by someone else doing the porting I don't think it will cost millions.

Also going to disagree on the fan base. This is basketball we're talking about not Madden. Europe and Asia are big basketball market now and also have a big PC community. EA can jump in on that by doing a proper Euroleague. One upping the other game on how it's done.

# 144 The 24th Letter @ 09/12/15 01:36 PM
I might have to invest in some headphones this year...both games have improved chatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 145 mrprice33 @ 09/12/15 01:41 PM
If revenue from a PC version doesn't > dev costs+potential lost console sales from piracy, they don't do it. If it could make them money, they'd do it.

# 146 Goffs @ 09/12/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
If revenue from a PC version doesn't > dev costs+potential lost console sales from piracy, they don't do it. If it could make them money, they'd do it.

I have yet to hear/read about any origin game being pirated. Pirate talk...always pirates....like consoles don't get hacked/modded as well...I'm not even going to debate this one so believe what you will.

Bah forget it....no point here since there is no PC community here....

Carry on.

# 147 mrprice33 @ 09/12/15 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I have yet to hear/read about any origin game being pirated. Pirate talk...always pirates....like consoles don't get hacked/modded as well...I'm not even going to debate this one so believe what you will.

Bah forget it....no point here since there is no PC community here....

Carry on.
I only buy the other game on PC. I have a very good one. But there's a wiiiiiiiiide gulf between piracy on consoles (which has been tamped down bigtime this gen) and on PC. It's just the reality.

# 148 Mintsa @ 09/12/15 02:57 PM
Very short nba clip. But I loved that KD's shot clanged in. Hopefully this is much more dominate in live 16.

# 149 LionsFanNJ @ 09/12/15 03:40 PM
Live looks nice, but I doubt it will hold my attention. Lack of good career mode and all that. Not to mention other issues that are off topic in the thread.

# 150 magiclakers32 @ 09/12/15 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Agreed. I was completely off of the fence. But that Pro Am video lured me in. That camera angle is mean. And the chatter...I have to give props.

I'm starting to think 2K for my franchise/dynasty, Live for my multiplayer/online.
me too. bro. I dont think live can touch the core basketball gameplay depth. But that multiplayer is waaaaay more to my liking. I kno we havent seen what they have to offer but this looks legit. Plus WTF was saying just a couple dunks per game !!!! im all in

# 151 magiclakers32 @ 09/12/15 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Tray
Its funny how most of you guys nit pick live so much but praise 2k like its perfect wen it's not even better than 2k11
STOP......hahaha

# 152 wacko11 @ 09/12/15 07:40 PM
We might get some gameplay tonight, live has some event going on in New York tonight.

# 153 DakkoN @ 09/12/15 08:01 PM
I'm honestly shocked at some of the comments in this thread. People acting like this is the greatest thing since sliced bread simply because they're so desperate for Live to resemble something close to being competitive again. There's nothing I saw that would warrant purchasing this for anything more than $25 on Black Friday. Hoping Pro-Am will at least be fun and prove me wrong.

Sound is good, animations still have awkward and noticeable transition points. I don't understand why the defender ran away from Durant after the pass was already in motion.. I know it's just one play, but it's odd they would choose that particular play to show off the game.

# 154 DonWuan @ 09/12/15 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
They won't come to PC until they start making a profit. It would cost them a couple million dollars to do that and the fanbase is small on the PC front. Definitely not worth doing, but I would like to see it come to PC as well bro.
People still play the last live that released on pc(believe 06) and still has a modding community and gets roster updates.

# 155 lakers24 @ 09/12/15 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
People still play the last live that released on pc(believe 06) and still has a modding community and gets roster updates.

The last year EA released sports on pc besides FIFA was 08

# 156 k1lo5 @ 09/12/15 10:33 PM
Yeh that ball catch sound might annoy me. We shall see!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

# 157 benefactor @ 09/13/15 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
This response encapsulates my thoughts on this matter. Frankly, I don't even believe a response is warranted for such an obviously biased and ill informed post.
And yet you responded...

I never said any of the features were groundbreaking, I was simply replying to the post about body scans apparently 'leading the way' in 2K.

If you think listing actual facts about the features that Live has created is biased then I feel sorry for your lack of comprehension.

# 158 The 24th Letter @ 09/13/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
And yet you responded...

I never said any of the features were groundbreaking, I was simply replying to the post about body scans apparently 'leading the way' in 2K.

If you think listing actual facts about the features that Live has created is biased then I feel sorry for your lack of comprehension.

Irony. He was agreeing with you

# 159 Calvenn @ 09/13/15 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefactor
And yet you responded...

As 24th pointed out, I was actually co-signing your outlined response. A facts based one I should add.

Anyhow, let's all turn down the temperature. We're even getting hit by friendly fire at this juncture it seems . Truthfully, I don't want to make this a bigger deal than it is. I want everyone to have the latitude to express their opinions and suggestions here. Hopefully that can be accomplished without bashing one game at the expense of the other. That's simply not a productive approach. As has been pointed out, let's all enjoy this year's basketball offerings! Kudos to both camps!

# 160 Vic Viper @ 09/13/15 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I'm honestly shocked at some of the comments in this thread. People acting like this is the greatest thing since sliced bread simply because they're so desperate for Live to resemble something close to being competitive again. There's nothing I saw that would warrant purchasing this for anything more than $25 on Black Friday. Hoping Pro-Am will at least be fun and prove me wrong.

Sound is good, animations still have awkward and noticeable transition points. I don't understand why the defender ran away from Durant after the pass was already in motion.. I know it's just one play, but it's odd they would choose that particular play to show off the game.
People want something new and fresh. I get tired of 2K bro. I really do. It's 2 months and then I'm done. I may play online for a bit after those 2 months or trash my friends on the sticks when they come over. Besides that, I get bored man. People just want something different. Competition is good for the soul...even if that competition is inferior at the moment. This is nowhere near 2K in terms of content, depth and animations, but It's a different kind of game. It plays different and it shows potential. All in all...it's not 2K and I'm so happy its not. I feel that way about Madden. I'm tired of it and wish there was another game out there that had the NFL license. (You already know what I'm talking about)

As for that Durant clip where the defender ran away from him, it was confirmed to have been on a lower level of difficulty. We've been told that AI logic and defense will increase upon level of difficulty. Keep that in mind and try it out on the demo to see a difference.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.