Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 roster update is available now, so fire up those consoles and download them. If EA releases a blog with the details and spreadsheet of all the changes, we will update this post.

Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gorilla Glass @ 09/11/15 10:14 PM
I still don't get the logic behind Desean Jackson not being one of the top speed guys in this game.
The guys speed and ball tracking is amazing. Let's Go EA!

# 82 Step2001 @ 09/11/15 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3commish
This roster update is not available for the CFM? #EABlows
When CFM was introduced, Josh Looman explained that Franchise mode had it's own roster. That what you could see with the "Play Now" roster wasn't going to show when you started your Franchise.

Has that changed since Madden 13? I have no idea, I assume it hasn't though.

That's why the earlier post that Dez Bryant is still under a 1yr deal when starting Franchise mode, even though the updated rosters has him signed to a 5yr deal.

# 83 HozAndMoose @ 09/11/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Yea not at all
I could go coach the Patriots and bench Brady. Doesnt mean Garapalo is better. They think RG3 is better than Cousins (he is). So he is rated higher. They cant make Gruden name him starter.

# 84 brandon27 @ 09/11/15 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjim
And yet they got Jonas Gray.

Unreal lol.
Ugh. Not cool at all. Is James at least in the free agent pool?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

# 85 The JareBear @ 09/11/15 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Gotta love this week from EA. Rosters with "stat corrections for the speed of rookies"... yes guess what wasn't touched?!

Sorta like that patch that "fixed o line regression, defenders sprinting offsides randomly" and was supposed to be worth delaying our CFM's for yet didn't do any of that.

It's like they just make whatever claims they want and there's no accountability.
I don't like the speed system this year either but I also have not found a single source where they said they were universally adjusting speed with this roster.

Did anyone from EA specifically say that?

# 86 Step2001 @ 09/11/15 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
You can start a new CFM with updated rosters but theres no chance roster updates should ever overwrite your CFM rosters, imagine being in year 5 and a roster updates imports!
Never heard of a roster update overwriting a roster file in an already started Franchise.

My point of CFM having it's own Roster file for when you start a NEW Franchise, again is something Looman stated back when CFM was introduced. If EA changed it and CFM rolls with the one main roster we see in the Main Screen (after the update), then it was changed from '13.

One way to confirm is to start a Franchise and compare Dez contract details on Main Screen & then within Franchise Mode.

# 87 brandon27 @ 09/11/15 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
LaMike James, hes on the Dolphins
Yup just loaded up to see for myself since the wife went to bed. He's there. Not sure what the other guy is talking about the.

# 88 brandon27 @ 09/11/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjim
I just started an offline CFM, he's not there.
He's there, in the new update.

Make sure you load the new roster first. Then create the cfm and select import current roster.

Don't skip preseason and let the CPU make cuts either. Maybe u are, and the CPU is cutting him. Which I suspect Miami actually will do shortly. Lol

# 89 Ruben2424 @ 09/11/15 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Edge4Life
LaMichael James is on the Dolphins roster, but was renamed LaMike.
What??? That's just dumb. He said he wants to be called "LaMike" but that doesn't mean he changed his real name!!! I'll manually change it back to "LaMichael".

# 90 Step2001 @ 09/11/15 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
Never heard of a roster update overwriting a roster file in an already started Franchise.

My point of CFM having it's own Roster file for when you start a NEW Franchise, again is something Looman stated back when CFM was introduced. If EA changed it and CFM rolls with the one main roster we see in the Main Screen (after the update), then it was changed from '13.

One way to confirm is to start a Franchise and compare Dez contract details on Main Screen & then within Franchise Mode.

I went through the process and quickly started a Franchise, Dez Bryant contract was for 5yrs. So the roster update takes in Franchise mode.

When starting a Franchise, make sure you have the correct roster loaded (when asked).

In Franchise mode, QB Kellen Moore went from a 71ovr to a 74ovr. I guess that's a scheme fit/rating.

# 91 Ruben2424 @ 09/11/15 10:56 PM
OK guys...Is it finally safe to start a CFM? Or should I continue to remain patient until they fix it up some more???

# 92 Robo COP @ 09/11/15 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is
So glad for the update and roster updates been waiting to start a franchise!

I am having a problem though...

When I create a Franchise I use the Cloud option... then hit start Franchise and Use Active Roster(Recommended) and then it imports 2532 players in the loading screen.

Now when I go to select a team it seems like these rosters are wrong...

Seahawks are a 92
Colts a 79?
Ravens a 89?
Patriots are a 86?
and the Panthers are a 86 also??? with Cam a 93???

Doesn't seem right... Any advice? Am I doing something wrong?
I think those overall totals are based on how players fit in the coaches scheme. So if Cam is a 93 then Rivera's coaching scheme for QB is probably "mobile." I would assume the Colts personnel doesn't fit Pagano's scheme's in game. It doesn't mean the players are bad

# 93 strife1013 @ 09/11/15 11:31 PM
Anyone notice practice squad players contracts being very low like real life. 1 year deal for 110k no signing bonus. Guess we can tell who the practice squad players are so that it will make cutting players easier for offline 32 team control franchise.

I'm impressed with the last minute details EA was able to squeeze into the roster update. I.E. Smith to the Raiders.

# 94 booker21 @ 09/11/15 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I don't like the speed system this year either but I also have not found a single source where they said they were universally adjusting speed with this roster.

Did anyone from EA specifically say that?

Rex said on Twitter they were adjusting veteran speed for cb on patch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 95 Danimal @ 09/11/15 11:59 PM
Hmm Bears roster has Jerreries on the IR with an ACL Tear and White isn't even on the roster as far as I can tell.

Yet with pre-existing injuries on Jefferies is playing in the 1st game.

# 96 beeryooper @ 09/12/15 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
I went through the process and quickly started a Franchise, Dez Bryant contract was for 5yrs. So the roster update takes in Franchise mode.
is dez showing up in player re-sign in week 1? Does for me, which doesnt make sense since he has a new 5 year contract.

# 97 The Kid 24 @ 09/12/15 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Hmm Bears roster has Jerreries on the IR with an ACL Tear and White isn't even on the roster as far as I can tell.

Yet with pre-existing injuries on Jefferies is playing in the 1st game.
I think you have the wrong roster... Im looking at Alshon with no injury and Kevin on the team...

Jeffrey is #1 WR on DC.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

# 98 jfeev215 @ 09/12/15 12:15 AM
Sounds like a lot of people are having trouble figuring out how to load the correct roster and start a CFM. Noone has confirmed whether or not Kelvin Benjamin is on IR...for players like K. White, A. foster, G. Smith, etc just do 32 team control and let the cpu take control of all the teams decisions and operations. You will still be able to manipulate the depth charts as you see fit. It's truly kind of nerve racking to do online CFM because the cpu coaches/owners make really bad roster decisions.

# 99 The Kid 24 @ 09/12/15 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfeev215
Sounds like a lot of people are having trouble figuring out how to load the correct roster and start a CFM. Noone has confirmed whether or not Kelvin Benjamin is on IR...for players like K. White, A. foster, G. Smith, etc just do 32 team control and let the cpu take control of all the teams decisions and operations. You will still be able to manipulate the depth charts as you see fit. It's truly kind of nerve racking to do online CFM because the cpu coaches/owners make really bad roster decisions.
Benjamin is on IR, Smith and Foster are removed from DC.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

# 100 Number999 @ 09/12/15 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
OK guys...Is it finally safe to start a CFM? Or should I continue to remain patient until they fix it up some more???
I'm gonna start up mine now finally.

The one thing I'm worried about is the OP rookies coming in like monsters but I'm not gonna wait another 2 months for them to do something about it. Hopefully it's enjoyable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.