Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

The Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets square off in this NBA 2K16 gameplay video featuring two Western Conference heavyweights. There's plenty of star power on the court for sure, and there's plenty to see in this video. The big thing you'll notice is this camera angle is from the ends, so you get to view the gameplay from a different perspective versus the last few. Give it a watch and let us know what you spy in the clip!

You can also watch this video on our YouTube page. Feel free to subscribe while you're there if you want.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 wonderBOi @ 09/15/15 08:34 AM
That sliding though.smh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 62 strawberryshortcake @ 09/15/15 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderBOi
That sliding though.smh

What part and where? What's the time stamp?

# 63 wonderBOi @ 09/15/15 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
What part and where? What's the time stamp?

Spotted a few of em.

- Crawford setting a pick (1:44)
- Smith vs Ariza (1:58)

Most of them come from the paint. The collision there, especially the posterizers, probably play out as an animation. Ofcourse I could be wrong but the sliding still exists.

# 64 cthurt @ 09/15/15 09:10 AM
Not sure if this was answered but are these videos the final build?

# 65 strawberryshortcake @ 09/15/15 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderBOi
Spotted a few of em.

- Crawford setting a pick (1:44)
- Smith vs Ariza (1:58)

Most of them come from the paint. The collision there, especially the posterizers, probably play out as an animation. Ofcourse I could be wrong but the sliding still exists.

Appreciate that. Saw those. I guess I have a different definition of sliding when people mention the word "sliding." My definition is whether the players actually footplant, and move. I would consider "crawford setting a pick" to be some type of computer glitch of some sort.

I would consider "Smith vs. Ariza dunk" to be a combination of glitch and one of three things because the motion shift was fairly minimal based on where Ariza was and where Smith was. This is only a guesstimate because I have no background whatsoever in game development.
(A) Could be computer glitch (similar to the "crawford setting a pick")
(B) Could be collision animation didn't trigger because the game didn't register that it required a collision sequence.
(C) Could be real physics not fully implemented everywhere on the court.
Again, no clue, just guessing. My opinion on why they happen is as good as yours.

Now, my biggest concern regarding NBA2k16 is if I have full control of the player I'm controlling. Skipped 2k15, but having been playing 2k14, I notice I get stuck in animations. Say, I might be guarding someone on the outside on the right side of the court near the paint, and notice the ball was just passed to an open man on the other side of the paint. He drives to the paint, but whatever I do I'm stuck guarding another defender and can't break free to give double team help or contest the shot. Moving the left stick doesn't help whatsoever. I would then frustratingly press the "X" button so I can switch over, but even when I do, that new player gets stuck to another animation or simply runs away from the play. When you put your controller down and your character still moves, that could be an issue.

# 66 Vroman @ 09/15/15 09:16 AM
Wouldn't been better to post all the vids in one thread ? Now its a mess with threads all over the place for each video.

Hard to judge gameplay since i'm more into online multiplayer modes. If its all at least better than 2k15 i'll definitely enjoy. Also hopes for better online servers from launch.

# 67 theman824 @ 09/15/15 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Didn't like that Jamal Crawford (a notoriously poor defender) was able to body up Harden on the perimeter and stay in front even though he was human - controlled. I also didn't like the ugly *** Clippers jerseys (not 2K's fault) and too many fade away shots in the low post.

I did like all the new/updated head scans and the nice alley-oop animation. The new scans are going be very apparent when you have teammates of a similar height (Clint Capela and Dwight) but vastly different builds. Didn't anyone spot Glen Davis and whether he finally stops looking like Shrek's black son?

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Are you not going for realism? This is exactly what he looks like in real life!! Hahaha :-)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.