Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

It's an NBA Finals Rematch with the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers squaring off in this NBA 2K16 gameplay video. In this video, the Cavs are at full strength against the formidable Warriors led by Steph Curry. We pick up the action at the opening tip and get just over three minutes of total gameplay to enjoy. Watch the gameplay video and leave a comment on what you see!

You can also watch this video on YouTube. Feel free to Subscribe to our channel while you're there if you want.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cowboy008 @ 09/14/15 01:53 PM
These videos are great and there's a lot of good things in them. I'm guessing this game along with the other ones that have been posted are being played in the season. So I'm just wondering where's the ticker at?

# 22 JerzeyReign @ 09/14/15 02:03 PM
Gotta go back to work but I still see the confused AI look during plays.

1. Green moves into Curry's way on that nice hesi and drive. Maybe next year 2K takes another step and we can have the AI recognize the drive and Green sinks into the paint and looks for a potential drop off pass.

2. On that Curry airball the offense is just standing around. Klay doesn't attempt to curl until its entirely too late.

Not sure if that sequence was user controlled or not but it would've been nice to see Klay attempt to get open earlier. Maybe it'll look better once guys are running their base sets - maybe that'll bring out the more fluid backside motions.

# 23 vannwolfhawk @ 09/14/15 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Gotta go back to work but I still see the confused AI look during plays.

1. Green moves into Curry's way on that nice hesi and drive. Maybe next year 2K takes another step and we can have the AI recognize the drive and Green sinks into the paint and looks for a potential drop off pass.
Completely agree 100%! I thought this same thing on a few videos. They just stand their and clog the driving lane with no awareness. I hope it gets on the 17 list for sure...

# 24 The 24th Letter @ 09/14/15 02:17 PM
Green was posted up when Curry started driving so he didn't have anywhere to go....that can honestly happen IRL some times...you can see he actually tried to he out of the way at the very end of it...

Also...was that a well placed reaction animation or did Greens arm actually react to Currys body? Almost looks like it wrapped around it...if so that would be pretty cool...means some kind of physics were implemented...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 raiderphantom @ 09/14/15 02:22 PM
I'm excited for this game but I'm curious what the difficulty was on. For all the AI improvements there were a number of defensive mistakes in that short video. Right off the tip Green should've passed off Moz to Bogut and ran out on Love. The double screen in the corner for Shump wasn't defended particularly well either. Barnes was a bit slow to react, got caught and stumbled then went under at the end. Mosgov was pick and fading to the 3 point line and I think it was Klay who just got lost on that final play although I may be mistaken.

# 26 blues rocker @ 09/14/15 02:23 PM
this is going to sound silly, and it shouldn't matter, but i really like the new rim/net physics. i usually don't REALLY care about something so minor, but it just makes scoring feel more satisfying when the ball sinks through the rim and net realistically.

# 27 ataman5 @ 09/14/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
this is going to sound silly, and it shouldn't matter, but i really like the new rim/net physics. i usually don't REALLY care about something so minor, but it just makes scoring feel more satisfying when the ball sinks through the rim and net realistically.
It's not silly at all because the outcomes will not get that repetitive, i used to feel and know when a shot goes in or out; now whenever i see another varied interaction i feel a great relief, ignorance is bliss like relief; so i want to shoot freely and see the result at the very end of it. Surprise me more please...

# 28 blues rocker @ 09/14/15 02:26 PM
something i'm noticing in these new vids is more missed contact layups. this is great. i was sick of good players making almost every contact layup in 2k15 - it was like creating contact had no affect on the layup success. at least now i know i'll be rewarded for creating that contact on drives. even if i get a foul, at least it won't be an automatic and-1 like in 2k15.

# 29 Sundown @ 09/14/15 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker

Also the new rim physics will reportedly lead to some long rebounds, and that is not a small thing.

# 30 HowDareI @ 09/14/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Green was posted up when Curry started driving so he didn't have anywhere to go....that can honestly happen IRL some times...you can see he actually tried to he out of the way at the very end of it...

Also...was that a well placed reaction animation or did Greens arm actually react to Currys body? Almost looks like it wrapped around it...if so that would be pretty cool...means some kind of physics were implemented...

And to be fair it was a user controlling the Warriors so if the play is called for Green to be in that position, driving into him should be expected.

But I agree it looks really nice how he seems to have reacted to being hit.

# 31 blues rocker @ 09/14/15 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

yeah, it looks like Green is reacting realistically to his teammate driving into his back...that is awesome. this might be the first time we've seen realistic incidental contact between teammates. it used to be that most of the realistic contact you would see was only between offensive and defensive players...but now you've got realistic contact with teammates too.

# 32 Perry_West @ 09/14/15 03:30 PM
the idea that 2k even tries or claims to try
to change things and listen to fans is what
makes me stick with it year after year...
my only wish is that records mattered
more overall. not just a stat overlay
but scoring 100 meant something,
breaking records and creating history
should mean more at least in MyPlayer.
getting back on topic, some of these
videos impress while some look like
an updated version NBA 2k15...

# 33 JerzeyReign @ 09/14/15 04:42 PM
Curry is warping through Green on that one so I'll assume its an animation more than a physics type of engine taking place as Love was knocked to the ground due to Curry flying warping through.

And the right play for Green would be to either disengage with maybe a spin move towards the middle or just continue to seal. Disengaging and running in Curry's way doesn't make sense.

Ehh, whatever though.

# 34 mlb08 @ 09/14/15 05:02 PM
Why does the atmosphere or crowd sound so boring

# 35 jmaj315 @ 09/14/15 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
2:37 mark. Klay bringing the ball up the court (with Curry running up with him) and he stops to pass the ball to Curry. That needs to go. You literally never see a player do that in that situation.
i think this next comment (which was actually posted before yours) will address your concern....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
And to be fair it was a user controlling the Warriors so if the play is called for Green to be in that position, driving into him should be expected.

But I agree it looks really nice how he seems to have reacted to being hit.
hard to take out user input from a video game

# 36 Junior Moe @ 09/14/15 07:22 PM
Ok. I have seen enough. I am absolutely loving what I see from 2K16. Hella excited to get my hands on this bad boy here. GOY coming at you.

# 37 TheDuggler @ 09/14/15 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
2. On that Curry airball the offense is just standing around. Klay doesn't attempt to curl until its entirely too late.

Not sure if that sequence was user controlled or not but it would've been nice to see Klay attempt to get open earlier. Maybe it'll look better once guys are running their base sets - maybe that'll bring out the more fluid backside motions.
There was a play called that the user never actually initialized so thats why everyone is standing around in their start positions. Hopefully the AI doesn't do that every time and instead will realize that time is winding down and they need to scramble to get an open shot

# 38 vstro @ 09/14/15 07:43 PM
Looks awesome. At first I was planning on eventually getting this game, but now it's a day 1 buy for me.

# 39 DakkoN @ 09/14/15 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
2:37 mark. Klay bringing the ball up the court (with Curry running up with him) and he stops to pass the ball to Curry. That needs to go. You literally never see a player do that in that situation.

A) There's an actual person controlling the Warriors.

B) Happens all the time, especially if you watch Cavs games. Lebron will give the ball up to Kyrie very often. After his own rebounds, and even after someone else like Love/TT/Mozgov rebounds it and tosses the ball to Lebron. Lebron will have it in his mind what play is being ran next and immediately pass the ball back to Kyrie. He did the same thing with Chalmers in Miami.

# 40 lakers24 @ 09/14/15 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
I thought there was supposed to be more energy in the building. The user couldn't even run a play properly vs the CPU and it worked. You really can't play casual, you have to run something every thing down (by the looks of it).

To me the game looks like last year, everything under the hood is the thing that they improved, it might be a good thing or the other way around, I'll have to fully judge it when I play it, not a fan of seeing how other people play anyways.

2K really needs to do something about that lighting
I actually really disappointed in both games' stadium lighting of the lower bowls. So depressing in these arenas lol. Only time it stands out is when the playoffs happen because the crowd being in one color makes them pop out a bit.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.