Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K16 trailer titled, Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint.

The footage features an inside preview of this year's MyCAREER experience as directed by Spike Lee, specific to some of the key individuals, decisions and experiences players can expect face on their path to NBA stardom.

Make sure to read more about it here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/14/15 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFootball3406
Spike's story doesn't end once you hit the league. I've also read that on here and don't know why people are making that assumption. It's been confirmed you play a select number of games in highschool/college. Then you get drafted. You really think they are going to have 90 minutes of cut scenes to fill only 6 games? Also the dialog from the trailer wouldn't even make sense if the story ended before you made it.

I'm loving everything about this MyCareer. I actually got goosebumps watching that trailer. Next Friday can't come soon enough.
People are saying that because Spike Lee said “When he makes it (to the NBA), I’m done.” and the article from OS says "Lee’s story starts at the beginning, but ends just as you make it to the NBA."

The gist I got from the little blurbs that they've released is that Spike Lee's part ends when you get drafted and then it goes back to being more like the regular MyCareer but with all the upgrades that 2K has made to the mode.

# 62 TheDeej @ 09/14/15 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Forced storylines aren't my thing. Since BAP mode is the only mode I play now I'll pass on 2K again. It's a shame to because people have been raving over 2K gameplay.
da throne you can choose to play just one player from a team in myleague now instead of just choosing position play or normal play.
So you can create a player with average stats and play as just that player in an association.
You won't distribute points like normal my player but you will get better more organically from how effective you are on the court.
I would suggest playing that way if you are interested in the improvement of gameplay but don't want the story. That is what I will do in addition to my only playing Anthony Davis only Pelicans franchise.

P.S. I know you from Pelicansreport i'm jruedat there.

# 63 beast10 @ 09/14/15 03:28 PM
That's a really cool trailer but I must say, the events seem extremely scripted. That's not a problem for me but I think 2k should make a non-storyline MyCareer in the next title so that there won't be such a fuss about going on.

I also don't mind the nickname, does it really matter? Frequency Vibrations sounds cool to me and obviously there's a cool/deep story for such a weird name... I really see no reason as to why someone wouldn't play the mode because of it

# 64 etched Chaos @ 09/14/15 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAFootball3406
To be fair.. the story had nothing to do with the ability to include College teams. 2K Sports could have gotten those licenses any number of years back.
They could've but they didn't, why is that? Have to think the popularity of the new version of MyCareer has made paying out for College licenses fiscally worthwhile. That and if Spike Lee wants HS and College games then you give him HS and College games.

# 65 King_B_Mack @ 09/14/15 03:31 PM
I'm with guys that the name is stupid as hell, but are guys really saying it's a deal breaker on the game and mode as a whole? LMAO. The name is used I'm sure as a means to address your character in the cutscenes. There'd be too much involved in going over ALL the names in the database for recording. Not sure how guys are taken out of the "realism" of the mode because of this nickname, yet past modes of nobody ever saying your name when they're addressing you because it's not in the database was able to be ignored.

# 66 mqt @ 09/14/15 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
The criticism isn't unfair, and your analogy isn't fair. NBA 2K is a sports simulation. Solid Snake is the codename of a spy/soldier.
But you and I are not NBA players any more than we are spies. Having a nickname that isn't one you like is really no different.

# 67 grabursock55 @ 09/14/15 04:16 PM
I liked how in Blitz the league 2, as you played through the career your character was referred to as "Franchise" You could change your name to anything, but during the cutscenes, you were known as "Franchise". The name is a little weird, but if you are saying you wont buy the game because you dont like the name, its your loss...

# 68 cdub71323 @ 09/14/15 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyGT
I guess we could change name.

I wanna be player named Good Vibrations. :-D
Would you really want Marky Mark coming knock on your door?

# 69 DejaVaughn @ 09/14/15 04:36 PM
They never have my last name in the game. i need someone from the Showers family to make it to the nab lol.

# 70 Cleve07103 @ 09/14/15 04:37 PM
I still want 2K to confirm if we can play in high school and college or is it just cutscenes. no one has confirmed it yet. or did I miss it?

# 71 Perry_West @ 09/14/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopoffthiscliff
I think it's to show that you can name your person anything and they'll say your name.
good gawd i hope it's this.^
"it's just a nickname..." they say.
your're right; having choice is bad.
doesn't belong in a mode called "my" career.

# 72 Trackball @ 09/14/15 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub71323
Would you really want Marky Mark coming knock on your door?
...You ARE aware that there's this other group that did a song called that about 20 or so years earlier, right?

Ask Kevin Love about it. I'm sure he'd know.

Anyway...as dumb and stupid as that nickname is, this mode, combined with all the other on-court improvements made this year, is five steps forward and one step back. That's a net profit. I'll take it.

Not like it's game-breaking, like pulling down 30 rebounds a game.

It IS strange that they'd only show him on the Brooklyn Nets, though...especially since Spike Lee's a big Knicks fan, AND the Knicks had the fourth pick this year. Putting him on the Knicks for the trailer is actually PLAUSIBLE!

# 73 23 @ 09/14/15 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
You are you.

I will be Chris "Freq" Manning. It's your nickname. Why? Well, that's for you to find out on 9/25.
See this is the problem

Shouldn't you be here to clear up the confusion instead of continuing to beat that marketing drum of hype?

Like Im sure you can change the name in the game, but even with these knuckleheads freaking out over nothing, you come in giving riddles like the riddler instead of straight up telling them so.

It would make them be quiet real quick

Just tell them so

# 74 I Djm @ 09/14/15 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Forced storylines aren't my thing. Since BAP mode is the only mode I play now I'll pass on 2K again. It's a shame to because people have been raving over 2K gameplay.
I know how you feel but i think spike lee understands so i'll give him a chance

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 75 ElPanandero @ 09/14/15 04:55 PM
I wasn't around OS for the 2K13 days, how did all these immersion freaks who get ansty over having a dope story in place deal with the immersion breaking fact of getting drafted in the same slot as another player? Old career modes were alright, but this spike lee story looks bananas, I'm too pumped for this mode, and it might be the first time I finish more than a season

# 76 MontanaMan @ 09/14/15 05:03 PM
Y'all are reacting more vicerally than the people who intially had problems with the nickname, lol.

# 77 I Djm @ 09/14/15 05:08 PM
I swear yall dudes something else smh

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 78 Cripterion @ 09/14/15 05:09 PM
Lol hilariously bad. Really wish they didn't waste their time on this or make it a separate game.

# 79 BA2929 @ 09/14/15 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleve07103
Don't really know why people are surprised with the nickname anyway. yall do realize Ray Allen's name was Jesus Shuttlesworth right
This.

Spike Lee always has crazy names for people in his stuff.

He actually had a character named Doo-Doo Breath in School Daze.

Doo-Doo Breath!

If you guys think Frequency Vibrations is bad, here is a quick list of names Spike has used for people in his movies:

Doo-Doo Breath(!!)
Sweet Dick Willie
Big Time Willie
Geronimo Armstrong
Radio Raheem
Sahara Paysinger

And last, but not least: Seneschal Higginbottom

Be happy they're calling you "Freq" or "Freak" in this and not running around proclaiming you "Doo-Doo".

# 80 XxSpiritHunterX @ 09/14/15 05:11 PM
I think Lee deserves the benefit of the doubt, despite all of the criticisers. It looks great to me and a lot of other people.

Only question I'm asking is if we can actually change the release and shot base of our shot again in myCareer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.