Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K16 trailer titled, Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint.

The footage features an inside preview of this year's MyCAREER experience as directed by Spike Lee, specific to some of the key individuals, decisions and experiences players can expect face on their path to NBA stardom.

Make sure to read more about it here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The 24th Letter @ 09/14/15 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
This story on this mode look solid this year, man yall tripping letting any old thing kill your enjoyment.

It's a damn nick name. LMAO

If it wasn't this, it would've been because the agents shirt is pink..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 82 I Djm @ 09/14/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Y'know what, how many single player modes allow you to start in HS, play HS games, pick the College you want to play for, play College games and then you get drafted into the league? None. So whilst some of you hate the nickname of the whole idea of a story, think about this, that story allowed 2K to bring Hs and College into a NBA game.

To me the fact we have HS and College should more than make-up for whatever negative you feel about a nickname or the story. No 'Sim' mode gives you that, no sim-heavy game has it, The Show? Nope. Madden? Not a chance in hell. NBA Live? No sir. NHL? Ha they wish.
Lol not really, if you can't carve out your own style what's the point of calling it my player we still don't know if it forces us to become the star no matter what

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 83 NDAlum @ 09/14/15 05:22 PM
Pass (on MC)

Not a fan of fantasy role playing modes and the story line doesn't appear to be anything I want to be part of. I would prefer a mode with zero story behind the player rather than this made up scenario by Spike Lee. It's never really "yours", it's just like a first person RPG where you go down the narrow path with a few different variations.

# 84 I Djm @ 09/14/15 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
I wasn't around OS for the 2K13 days, how did all these immersion freaks who get ansty over having a dope story in place deal with the immersion breaking fact of getting drafted in the same slot as another player? Old career modes were alright, but this spike lee story looks bananas, I'm too pumped for this mode, and it might be the first time I finish more than a season
They wanted that changed, no one paid attention at first tho lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 85 Philg0126 @ 09/14/15 05:29 PM
Look alright......none of this matters if the coaching logic is still God awful and I'm being subbed in the game with 2.4 seconds left in a blow out

# 86 skitzy129 @ 09/14/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
Of course there's a set path. How would you prefer it? You're an average high school player who can't make it as a starter at a low college team and doesn't even get considered for professional basketball?

This looks like being one of the most immersive and deep 'be a player' modes in a sports title. We can choose our endorsements, we have to make personal connections with people, and through them, connections with other people. We have to practise to become better players, we have to balance our contractual obligations with our playing ones. I really don't know what people want from a game. It's essentially two games, you have basketball in one half and some kind of Sims style thing in the other.
By choosing your endorsements you mean simply just doing all of them as they unlock in order as displayed by the video. You're fooling yourself if you think you won't be able to have everything unlocked by your 4th or 5th season like in 2k15.

The facade of choice is enticing but in the end it's just that. A facade.

Now granted, everything we've seen is an objective improvement over last year but let's not get carried away here thinking this is some incredible journey filled with meaningful choices because you will certainly let yourself down.

# 87 SoxFan01605 @ 09/14/15 05:48 PM
I have a unique name (not in database), so in-game I get called by my nickname. If I need to be "Frequency Vibrations" for the purpose of story dialogue, I can certainly live with that, but I 100% agree with those who hate the nickname. Not a deal breaker by any stretch (for me, at least), but hopefully there's an option to "re-brand" or something when I reach the NBA, so I can go back to being boring ol' "P" in-game...lol.

In any case, we knew about the goofy nickname from the jump, so I am already past that. The rest looks awesome and I'm excited to check it out. I'm MyLeague first and foremost, but 2K continues to impress me with the depth they go for with all these modes.

# 88 GSW @ 09/14/15 05:52 PM
Wait,

So what happens after we make the league will there be cut scenes still or what?

90 minutes of cutscenes prior to even making it to the NBA damn thats like a whole game right there.

Hopefully we get some info this week on it. These cliffhangers are killing me.

# 89 lakers24 @ 09/14/15 05:57 PM
I was gonna make a comment on the matter, but...nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I always liked the older version of MyCareer where you got drafted where you deserved, or even undrafted if you was a bum...where you had to grind to get a high overall, etc...

But, if they want to go the story-route than actually having a good story that's not like a Disney film than I'm okay with it. I was interested in the whole trailer and I wanna see what it's about. For the most part I play just to get my overall and badges for Pro-Am but if there's a cool backstory as well than it only makes grinding more fun...

Sad I can't bring back Mo "Money" Banks but hey I'll think of something lol
I have a couple names so far,
O. "Freq" Mebaby
Greek "Freq" Spanoulis

# 90 jmaj315 @ 09/14/15 05:59 PM
Straight outta comton 2k version... I'm just sayin... Jerry Heller?

# 91 SteveQ @ 09/14/15 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
This.

Spike Lee always has crazy names for people in his stuff.

He actually had a character named Doo-Doo Breath in School Daze.

Doo-Doo Breath!

If you guys think Frequency Vibrations is bad, here is a quick list of names Spike has used for people in his movies:

Doo-Doo Breath(!!)
Sweet Dick Willie
Big Time Willie
Geronimo Armstrong
Radio Raheem
Sahara Paysinger

And last, but not least: Seneschal Higginbottom

Be happy they're calling you "Freq" or "Freak" in this and not running around proclaiming you "Doo-Doo".
To be fair Doo Doo Breath was the nickname they called one of the dudes trying to be in the frat and Radio Raheem isn't a bad nickname. But yea I agree with you seeing this comment made me look at this new nickname a little more positively.

# 92 Goffs @ 09/14/15 06:42 PM
If this plays like a movie I expect an ending. Either career ending, prison or retire happily. Either way it should yield 200,000 vc in the end.

# 93 Finepanther @ 09/14/15 06:49 PM
Questions I have still:

1. Can we customize our players bodies or do we still select a "body type?"
2. Do the improvements to the AI in other modes translate to our coach? (Sub patterns, match ups, etc.)
3. What role does VC still have?

# 94 da ThRONe @ 09/14/15 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeej
da throne you can choose to play just one player from a team in myleague now instead of just choosing position play or normal play.
So you can create a player with average stats and play as just that player in an association.
You won't distribute points like normal my player but you will get better more organically from how effective you are on the court.
I would suggest playing that way if you are interested in the improvement of gameplay but don't want the story. That is what I will do in addition to my only playing Anthony Davis only Pelicans franchise.

P.S. I know you from Pelicansreport i'm jruedat there.
This actually sounds like a solid solution. Honestly I prefer the more organic approach to player development and have been calling for it in MYPlayer for some time now.

# 95 zello144 @ 09/14/15 07:00 PM
I don't like how everyone is pretty much gonna end up having the same storyline.
Not really liking the whole getting forced to be a star storyline what If I want to be a sixth man role player? or a 2nd rounder?
I'm not really a big fan of all this story stuff I liked the simple answer questions at the press conference stuff like in 2k11-2k13 if they could have expanded that it would have been awesome(Locker room interviews, free agency interview,etc..)

If you're gonna have a story great but at least give us some options and stuff I don't want the same linear path like everyone else.

We still don't know much about this mode though so I can't really say much about it lets wait until they give us more information and clear it all up.

# 96 da ThRONe @ 09/14/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I don't like how everyone is pretty much gonna end up having the same storyline.
Not really liking the whole getting forced to be a star storyline what If I want to be a sixth man role player? or a 2nd rounder?
I'm not really a big fan of all this story stuff I liked the simple answer questions at the press conference stuff like in 2k11-2k13 if they could have expanded that it would have been awesome(Locker room interviews, free agency interview,etc..)

If you're gonna have a story great but at least give us some options and stuff I don't want the same linear path like everyone else.

We still don't know much about this mode though so I can't really say much about it lets wait until they give us more information and clear it all up.
Not only being different, but a mode with forced storylines really have no replay value.

Not sure why so many people are upset at other people opinions. If somebody don't want to play a game called "Freq" or whatever why is it your job to tell them it's not a big deal? The reason you play BAP modes is likely completely different than the next person. Personally it looks like I'll pass on MYPlayer not necessarily because of the nickname. However why would I want to make a player in my image (with my actual image) to have him referred to by a name I would never identify by?

# 97 redsox4evur @ 09/14/15 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
This.

Spike Lee always has crazy names for people in his stuff.

He actually had a character named Doo-Doo Breath in School Daze.

Doo-Doo Breath!

If you guys think Frequency Vibrations is bad, here is a quick list of names Spike has used for people in his movies:

Doo-Doo Breath(!!)
Sweet Dick Willie
Big Time Willie
Geronimo Armstrong
Radio Raheem
Sahara Paysinger

And last, but not least: Seneschal Higginbottom

Be happy they're calling you "Freq" or "Freak" in this and not running around proclaiming you "Doo-Doo".
To be fair I know a guy who has a last name pretty close to that. Last name is Hickenbottom.

# 98 rudeworld @ 09/14/15 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144

Really? Who the he'll wants to be a 6th man? Every college player wants to goto the league... or the association and be the best.... the greatest of all time (the GOAT). If you hear anything else it's a lie. Sure most don't have the skills to be the greatest but that doesn't mean they don't want to be.

# 99 VDusen04 @ 09/14/15 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
Really? Who the he'll wants to be a 6th man? Every college player wants to goto the league... or the association and be the best.... the greatest of all time (the GOAT). If you hear anything else it's a lie. Sure most don't have the skills to be the greatest but that doesn't mean they don't want to be.
I think he means he wants the opportunity to simulate what it might be like to grind to get by in the NBA, fighting for a roster position and maybe being rewarded with something less than automatic greatness. There's a compelling charm for some to not having a Hall of Fame cookie cutter storyline inevitably waiting for you no matter what.

I'm sure Corliss Williamson wanted to be the greatest, but I also think he ended up taking pride in serving his team the best way he could, even if that meant being a crucial sixth man on a championship winning ballclub. I think that's what that poster meant.

I'm personally more intrigued with this storyline than any other because of Spike Lee's presence. I imagine it could end up being a cool way of handling a MyPlayer mode direction I haven't been a fan of in recent years. Otherwise, I'd typically still prefer the initial MyPlayer route (where working through the D-League was a real possibility) with increased versatility.

# 100 lgxjames @ 09/14/15 08:18 PM
I still can't believe we live in a time when there is a story mode in a basketball game. Trailer looks good tho.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.