Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nova91 @ 09/15/15 09:37 AM
Shooting feels far too easy. Once you get timing down you can easily hit threes from almost any distance.

# 2 BellSKA @ 09/15/15 09:51 AM
I'm impressed. Came in with low expectations (maybe that's a good thing)
I've played 8 online games and think I've played every court.

-The courts...WOW! Very impressive. There's a unique feel to each one and they all look great. I noticed even a home/ away advantage/ disadvantage. Albeit small, it was there. Lighting was great and I enjoyed playing on all. The only knock was a weird halo effect when playing on the Rucker. Once the ball got above the rim, both the rim & ball had a glow. Not sure if it was lighting or one side only. That was the only issue with the courts.
-I really like how you can create a player and changing the height/ weight will affect speed, vert, stamina, etc. It sounds stupid to pride that because it's how it should be, but EA got it right. I need to get used to the attribute upgrades and costs, but it looks like a smart idea.
-Players look good for it only being a demo. Some clothes look bulky/ baggy, but again, demo. Once games started I didn't really notice it.
Emphasis on team ball is great.
-As a roll player I love being able to set up players and help create space. I also like that you've got to work to get a good teammate grade. It was also nice being able to see when a teammate got a grade change.

I'm not going to rip the demo too much. Just things that really drive me crazy.
-LAG! Yes, it's here so get used to it. My biggest issue with the lag was rebounding. I had 3 of 8 games that were noticeably bad with lag. What was even worse, was it wasn't just game lag, it was parlayed with it's old friend input lag. I'd be the only person under the hoop holding L2 for the rebound and I'd hit Y and my player wouldn't jump. I'd always get beat by someone crashing the boards late. Then as soon as they landed my idiot would jump. Amusing and frustrating at once. With no lag, rebounding seems okay.
-Cheese is here because people can't help themselves from being A-holes. Step back cheese, zig-zag cheese, dribble chain cheese was all there. But great defense movement and NO perfect release evened it out. I'm sure once players perfect release points there will be more of a reason to complain, but it's okay now.
-Saw 1 big shoot a high 3 percentage. He was 6'8" so I'm not too worried about PF or C's playing as 2 guards anytime soon.
-GamerCard Info shortcut needs to be moved ASAP. When you're in the 5 vs 5 load up screen you have 3 options. Match up is 2nd and GamerCard is 1st. X1 takes so long to load gamer info and back out. Move match up to the top slot. Bad location for quick and ease of use.
-Ease of scoring in the paint and animations in the paint. I was scoring way to easy for a role player. I would roll off the pick and I was going through defenders for the score. I missed 1 layup all night and it was because I forced a rebound layup. Big men should dunk quickly in the paint as well. No more slow extra foot and body movements. Just throw it down big man! Leads to weird awkward layups.

I've gone on long enough, I can talk about this all day. Very excited for my friends to DL the demo to try CooP.

# 3 Dizmode @ 09/15/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Shooting feels far too easy. Once you get timing down you can easily hit threes from almost any distance.

What Difficulty are you playing on please....

# 4 mlp111 @ 09/15/15 10:00 AM
My impression on demo is yes its better than live 15, with that being said it still has ton of work to be done. Live run is incredible fun, will purchase game for that alone. However, the cheese-fest has already began, centers are unstoppable handles and all. Game just doesn't justify a $60 dollar price tag at all IMO. Will pick it up for about $20-25 dollars tops when the price drops. Animations and transitions are a nightmare at time, and the passing is horridly floaty. I'm just not sure how to really take this game honestly, but demo is enough for me to know it will not be a day one purchase for sure.

# 5 BellSKA @ 09/15/15 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
My impression on demo is yes its better than live 15, with that being said it still has ton of work to be done. Live run is incredible fun, will purchase game for that alone. However, the cheese-fest has already began, centers are unstoppable handles and all. Game just doesn't justify a $60 dollar price tag at all IMO. Will pick it up for about $20-25 dollars tops when the price drops. Animations and transitions are a nightmare at time, and the passing is horridly floaty. I'm just not sure how to really take this game honestly, but demo is enough for me to know it will not be a day one purchase for sure.
If you could purchase a la carte I'd definitely get Live Run for $10-$15. I still want to see how fun Summer Circuit Coop will be. I'd pay $10-$20 for both if that was an option. Right now it's looking like a Vault game. But I am more optimistic than I was 24 hours ago.

# 6 TheBadazz @ 09/15/15 10:09 AM
All I played so far was Pro-Am, it was ok. Everybody wants to be a Slasher or a Shooter and chuck em. I play low post scorer but I got to score off rebounds. Will be better with friends. If EA works on the clunky-ness, I will pick it up at the $35 dollar mark. $40 tops.

# 7 scottyp180 @ 09/15/15 10:38 AM
Are size up dribble moves gone? I've been playing the demo, trying to get a feel for the controls and noticed I can't do size up moves like last year. Wasn't sure if they changed the controls or removed them completely.

# 8 Schwall @ 09/15/15 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Are size up dribble moves gone? I've been playing the demo, trying to get a feel for the controls and noticed I can't do size up moves like last year. Wasn't sure if they changed the controls or removed them completely.
We changed up how they are done. Now you get to control it on the right stick with cross over or behind the back size ups. String some together and you'll get them.

# 9 rawdog805 @ 09/15/15 10:58 AM
I actually really like the demo, but I was a pretty big fan of last years game also.. The game does still feel a little weird at times, I cant explain it but something happens when controlling your character that just makes it feel like your not in control.. (if that makes sense)..

I dont find the passing to be floaty like others have said, in my opinion the passing in 2k games are floaty and it pisses me off in that series, but the passes in Live 16 feel much better.

Live Run is great.. I love the fact that you have to complete a few challenges to get 3 stars, which will keep you coming back to those challenges even after you beat it with 1 star. There is some lag that I noticed even with my wired connection, but out of the 10 or so games that I was able to get in last night only one had horrible lag that almost forced me to quit the game.

One thing that bothers me is the weird NBA street look of the players on the Live Run matchup screen.. Hope they fix that because the clothes look way to big and bulky.

I really like what they have done to the playcalling this year as it is much easier to call plays than it was last year..

All in All this is a great effort so far by the EA team.. I am sure there is not much more time for them to add improvements to the game, but I will be purchasing using my Best Buy Unlocked discount and as soon as my $20 in Best buy rewards certificates come in after picking up FIFA 16 and 2K16.. Not a day 1 purchase for me, but definitely a first month purchase.. I was going to wait until black friday to get it for $29.99, but I didnt expect this much of the game..

# 10 scottyp180 @ 09/15/15 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwall
We changed up how they are done. Now you get to control it on the right stick with cross over or behind the back size ups. String some together and you'll get them.
Got it now. I feel like that should be part of the dribbling tutorial, unless I just missed it.

This game isn't bad once you get a feel for it. It takes awhile to get use to the momentum and controls, especially for 2K players, but once you do it is an enjoyable game. A lot better than Live 15.

Edit: the game is definitely too easy on pro. Once I got my bearings down I ended up blowing out the Warriors with the Clippers by 15. I do recommend checking out the tutorials. I was dominating in the post once I knew how to do spins and drop steps.

# 11 zrohman @ 09/15/15 12:04 PM
I liked it more than expected, but as many have said. It's not close to worth $60.

It feels more like 2k now. Where it feels like you're not in control.. Other than that issue, gameplay was good. It just doesn't look or play as smooth to me as 2k.

Also has less modes and way less depth. It's a good game though... Just don't see them making up ground trying to pretend they are better. If they released for $20 I would buy at launch and wouldn't buy 2k at all because Live is a GOOD game. It's just too bad they are competing against one of the best.

My impressions.. As an all out live fan. Good game but this should have been Live 14. Not Live 16

# 12 pdawg17 @ 09/15/15 12:17 PM
I liked Live 15 (warts and all) so this is an easy buy for me.

BUT I agree with what everyone is saying. Animation issues, cheese moves (eurostep) and there is a bit too much lag on Pro-am. Don't know if there's a way to tweak that down but otherwise I'm having a blast...

# 13 NINJAK2 @ 09/15/15 12:31 PM
As many have said this plays a better game than 15 but still feels like the same problems exist that were in previous iterations( no sense of speed variations between players, average animations, poor user cpu teammate rebounding logic) . Crowd sound is exceptional as always but feel that the commentary was very poor. Something about this game feels dated but I can't put my finger on why that is. I do like that once you get by someone and there's a lane you don't get sucked into 2 men animations. Only based on my 4-5 finals games played.

# 14 nova91 @ 09/15/15 12:32 PM
I'm sorry but this is bad. The animations, the AI, the lag, the ease with which the the CPU gets to the rim to score, defense and rebounding is not good.

# 15 swac07 @ 09/15/15 12:42 PM
As I play more and more Pro am is actually fun...the REAL NBA game needs work in a major way from control issues ,silly animations,unstoppable layups,rebounding issues,the cpu opponent and teammate ai are questionable(especially switching over defensively).theres still the cpu ai "speeding up" to you on a fastbreak...its alot once you actually sit and play the play now mode and the new smell rubs off

One real thing I'll give live is the plays..I love how it doesnt take forever for plays to act out its snappy and fluid as hell

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 16 Kurupt_XxX @ 09/15/15 01:07 PM
game isn't in the psstore

# 17 mrprice33 @ 09/15/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
The timing has very little to do with the shot actually going in. It's based more on actual player percentages. Are you finding something different?

# 18 mrprice33 @ 09/15/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
As I play more and more Pro am is actually fun...the REAL NBA game needs work in a major way from control issues ,silly animations,unstoppable layups,rebounding issues,the cpu opponent and teammate ai are questionable(especially switching over defensively).theres still the cpu ai "speeding up" to you on a fastbreak...its alot once you actually sit and play the play now mode and the new smell rubs off

One real thing I'll give live over the comp until I play it to really confirm is the plays..I love how it doesnt take forever for plays to act out its snappy and fluid as hell

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
This was an immediate thing I noticed. I've been able to remedy it somewhat by tapping down on the D-pad in transition to reset my man defense, but it is definitely a problem that I've already reached out to people about.

# 19 dtq @ 09/15/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
My impressions.. As an all out live fan. Good game but this should have been Live 14. Not Live 16
I agree with you and echo the same sentiment. This game feels like an iteration (or two) behind. To be honest, EA should focus on what it does best and that is street ball. Bring back the NBA Street franchise and focus on arcade basketball because its simulation basketball always feels a bit lacking. While playing the demo, I cannot shake the feeling that this doesn't resemble NBA basketball as much as the other game because the wonky animations kill the immersion for me. Things just don't blend in well. A well oiled engine it is not; the sputtering needs to be addressed.

# 20 nova91 @ 09/15/15 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The timing has very little to do with the shot actually going in. It's based more on actual player percentages. Are you finding something different?
Then that makes it even worse. My Pro-Am player is a 67 rated 3pt shooter and I'm dropping bombs consistently.

« Previous1234567893233Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.