Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mrprice33 @ 09/15/15 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Then that makes it even worse. My Pro-Am player is a 67 rated 3pt shooter and I'm dropping bombs consistently.
What are the %s on the shot's you're making? You can go into your pro-am stats and see your shooting stats, can you take a screenshot and post it?

# 22 pdawg17 @ 09/15/15 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Then that makes it even worse. My Pro-Am player is a 67 rated 3pt shooter and I'm dropping bombs consistently.
You might just be really good then...I played around 20 pro-am games last night and I didn't see anyone lighting it up. Only time I saw a few in a row go in the guy was wide open every time...

# 23 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/15/15 01:17 PM
Is the demo not out yet for ps4?

# 24 CookNBA03 @ 09/15/15 01:19 PM
It's not there yet for PS4, I keep checking every two minutes lol

# 25 jmaj315 @ 09/15/15 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
game isn't in the psstore
It might be like that one time where somebody put PST when it was PDT, so we had to wait an extra hour

# 26 stillfeelme @ 09/15/15 01:26 PM
What I like I played after few play now games

Control is good as far as small movements
Plays develop nice and a nice wrinkle to calling plays
shooting feels smooth

What I don't like

Animations how they get triggered. Players are triggering a layup from way too far away and it seems the speed is too fast and you can't always contest well.

Animations in the paint are just wonky. Players are moving too fast like they are skipping a frame from a standstill when going to a shot. Something is wrong with how the players accelerate to drive to the hoop. They are not necessarily warping but they are moving too fast.

Contesting in the paint I didn't like, you can block shots but the contact in the paint and paint defense overall is just not realistic enough. It is a combination of a bunch of things the shot selection animation offense and crazy layup animations.

Spacing: It is almost too good you can feel how open guys get by the court to player size being to big. Basically I think this can be manipulated for open looks.

I would say a bunch of things I don't like have to do with paint and animations

# 27 sneezor01 @ 09/15/15 01:39 PM
Anybody got the demo on ps4 yet? I started downloading the xone this morning around 3:30 ct

# 28 23 @ 09/15/15 01:50 PM
Quit trying to incite a flame war and stay on topic

This is the NBA Live forum and NBA Live alone...

Quit this us vs them nonsense. It's OLD

This is an impressions Sticky. Going off course of that will get you banned

# 29 BQ32 @ 09/15/15 01:56 PM
At first I was shocked by my initial impressions. It looked great, felt great, rebounding was legit, player celebrations were fantastic while not interrupting the gameplay and the graphics overall were fantastic. I felt the last two iterations were unplayable but this game sucked me in quickly and thought this might just actually be the best basketball game available.
However paint scoring though drastically improved is still just to overpowered. Some of the physicality is absolutely fantastic but then at times it just goes away and players glide right to the rim. Also a lot of weird contact off balance shots near the hoop go in. Should either have them miss much much more frequently or have some of them called fouls.

More on the plus side though:
-When physicality is right it is something to behold. I saw lebron truck his defender shoving off with one hand and power to the hoop with uncanny realism.
-The difference in player feel is very evident. John wall just blowing by people and quickly realize you have to back up. Curry shooting with impunity coming off the pick and realizing you can never hedge back. Lebron trucking people. GREAT.
-Rebounding felt very good comparatively to past basketball games. Gone are the days of teams getting way more offensive rebounds then defensive rebounds which was just stupid.
-Shooting meter is great with the real world percentage. Eliminates a lot of frustration wondering why shots go in or are missed. A perfect opportunity will still miss and a horrible one will still go in but it is great to understand the percentage of time the shot will be made and trusting that taking better shots will pay off significantly as the game progresses.
-Some of the layup animations look really stunning, so far especially with Kyrei Irving.
-Pick and Roll control is phenomenal and feels so smooth. So much more effective and real feeling in this game.
-The movement, spacing and decision making of the AI is really pretty amazing. By far the best I have seen on a basketball game yet.
-New camera is superb, especially since I lay on a 60inch tv and it allows me to see the whole court while maintaining positional control.
Overall very impressed. Hope they can just adjust the paint play and this game can be a real winner.

# 30 Black Bruce Wayne @ 09/15/15 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Quit trying to incite a flame war and stay on topic

This is the NBA Live forum and NBA Live alone...

Quit this us vs them nonsense. It's OLD

This is an impressions Sticky. Going off course of that will get you banned
Thank you sir. I absolutely hate when people do that. Its unnecessary, especially since alot of us like both games.,

# 31 Calvenn @ 09/15/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
At first I was shocked by my initial impressions. It looked great, felt great, rebounding was legit, player celebrations were fantastic while not interrupting the gameplay and the graphics overall were fantastic. I felt the last two iterations were unplayable but this game sucked me in quickly and thought this might just actually be the best basketball game available.
However paint scoring though drastically improved is still just to overpowered. Some of the physicality is absolutely fantastic but then at times it just goes away and players glide right to the rim. Also a lot of weird contact off balance shots near the hoop go in. Should either have them miss much much more frequently or have some of them called fouls.

More on the plus side though:
-When physicality is right it is something to behold. I saw lebron truck his defender shoving off with one hand and power to the hoop with uncanny realism.
-The difference in player feel is very evident. John wall just blowing by people and quickly realize you have to back up. Curry shooting with impunity coming off the pick and realizing you can never hedge back. Lebron trucking people. GREAT.
-Rebounding felt very good comparatively to past basketball games. Gone are the days of teams getting way more offensive rebounds then defensive rebounds which was just stupid.
-Shooting meter is great with the real world percentage. Eliminates a lot of frustration wondering why shots go in or are missed. A perfect opportunity will still miss and a horrible one will still go in but it is great to understand the percentage of time the shot will be made and trusting that taking better shots will pay off significantly as the game progresses.
-Some of the layup animations look really stunning, so far especially with Kyrei Irving.
-Pick and Roll control is phenomenal and feels so smooth. So much more effective and real feeling in this game.
-The movement, spacing and decision making of the AI is really pretty amazing. By far the best I have seen on a basketball game yet.
-New camera is superb, especially since I lay on a 60inch tv and it allows me to see the whole court while maintaining positional control.
Overall very impressed. Hope they can just adjust the paint play and this game can be a real winner.
Good impressions of the game. Please make use of the provided sliders to tweak the game to your liking. There are contact sliders that apparently improve the physicality in the paint and in general. Someone set his to 80 and witnessed good improvements. Patches will also improve most of these issues going forward.

# 32 Checmate101 @ 09/15/15 02:15 PM
ps4, you blowing me right now

# 33 Ownal0t @ 09/15/15 02:26 PM
i got tired of waiting. made a New zealad account and im downloading

# 34 MontanaMan @ 09/15/15 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
ps4, you blowing me right now
I'm beyond blown. PSN is horrible.

# 35 Hustle Westbrook @ 09/15/15 02:32 PM
Not a fan of the actual 5 on 5 with NBA teams but Live Run/Pro-Am is a blast to play.

Controls feel laggy, and the post game is soooo bad. They're at least 6 years behind in the post game.

# 36 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/15/15 02:35 PM
I would've been shocked if it dropped at 1 PM Est on ps4 . The store usually doesn't update until 3-7 PM est ...

# 37 CrimsonJ @ 09/15/15 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
i got tired of waiting. made a New zealad account and im downloading
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

# 38 Mintsa @ 09/15/15 02:44 PM
Anyone one with PS4 or even PS3 for that matter knows pretty damn well that the PSN store updates late on tuesdays. I've never seen a demo release at midnight or 1pm. Late after noon, 5ish to 7ish.

we all know this by now.....

# 39 DonWuan @ 09/15/15 02:47 PM
Post game is a eye sore. I keep seeing players able to make double jumps while hop stepping around the rim.

Why are the controls so laggy with offline. While I was icon+button john wall was able to take 4 steps before the pass was initiated. Have wide open players and defense is able to recover before my player decides to pass the ball.

Why are Slow, non athletic Centers doing euro step moves(with consistency).

Has anyone seen a fastbreak thats not from a steal?

Also graphics are great up close. But why are the so low quality from normal paly

# 40 ultralow36 @ 09/15/15 02:49 PM
downloaded off the new zealand store easy...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.