Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

The NBA Live 16 demo is available now for Xbox One gamers and is scheduled to release at 1:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4. We will update this post when it officially arrives on the PS Store.

UPDATE: It's now 2:00 PM ET, no sign of the demo on PS4, we will post when it is available.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 demo is available now on PS4. Click here if you can't find it.

The demo includes the new LIVE Pro-Am mode, featuring both the competitive LIVE Run and cooperative Summer Circuit. For those of you looking for an offline experience you can play exhibition games in Tip-Off mode. Users can choose from the Cleveland Cavaliers, Oklahoma City Thunder, Golden St. Warriors, Washington Wizards, Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Clippers. Players can adjust sliders, difficulty level, play up to 12 minute quarters and more. It also includes tutorials.

Download it, play it and post your impressions.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LiquidGotti @ 09/15/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Anyone one with PS4 or even PS3 for that matter knows pretty damn well that the PSN store updates late on tuesdays. I've never seen a demo release at midnight or 1pm. Late after noon, 5ish to 7ish.

we all know this by now.....
Its astonishing to hear people blaming it on psn, when they all know the store updates around 2 on Tuesdays. I really think people just like to hear themselves speak sometimes. some things people say, beyond dumb.

# 42 MontanaMan @ 09/15/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Anyone one with PS4 or even PS3 for that matter knows pretty damn well that the PSN store updates late on tuesdays. I've never seen a demo release at midnight or 1pm. Late after noon, 5ish to 7ish.

we all know this by now.....
Why would you assume that everybody knows this?

# 43 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/15/15 03:03 PM
Demo is now out on ps4 woo

# 44 SmashMan @ 09/15/15 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Why would you assume that everybody knows this?
Because it's been this way for eight years.

Regardless, the demo is up on US PSN now.
Web link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...ALIVE16DEMOEAS

# 45 Hopsin @ 09/15/15 03:22 PM
I still don't see the demo on PSN..

# 46 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/15/15 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
I still don't see the demo on PSN..
Search nba live 16 and it should say try free demo right below purchase.

# 47 Bexthelegend @ 09/15/15 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Post game is a eye sore. I keep seeing players able to make double jumps while hop stepping around the rim.

Why are the controls so laggy with offline. While I was icon+button john wall was able to take 4 steps before the pass was initiated. Have wide open players and defense is able to recover before my player decides to pass the ball.

Why are Slow, non athletic Centers doing euro step moves(with consistency).

Has anyone seen a fastbreak thats not from a steal?

Also graphics are great up close. But why are the so low quality from normal paly
I like a lot of the up and unders and drop steps I've seen

I was about to say fast breaks are a bit to powerful. I've rarely seen them end in steals. Are you sure you guys aren't spancing the floor incorrectly?

# 48 NinerGang @ 09/15/15 03:43 PM
Just played roughly 10 games, and was really impressed with the improvements made.

My problem with the game was the cheese i was already seeing from other players (side to side stuff mostly), and not being able to get in front of the ball handler when you're on D. Controls also seem to be a bit delayed for me.

overall the game is super fun when playing with friends and is definitely worth a download.

# 49 Playmakers @ 09/15/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
However paint scoring though drastically improved is still just to overpowered. Some of the physicality is absolutely fantastic but then at times it just goes away and players glide right to the rim. Also a lot of weird contact off balance shots near the hoop go in. Should either have them miss much much more frequently or have some of them called fouls.

Hope they can just adjust the paint play and this game can be a real winner.
Takes 5 minutes to crank up the sliders that effect the game play you just mentioned

# 50 worstsportsgamer1977 @ 09/15/15 03:53 PM
I played the game all morning and have been very impressed with the improvements made to this game. Last years game was not playable. at least for not very long. the controls were just not tight enough. this year they fixed that. the shooting is much better then last year. it has feel to it again. i played the pro am all morning and that mode was alot of fun. I made a passing pg and it was not easy to score. I later switched to slasher pg and have a easier time getting to the hoop. I like the big man dominance of the game. If they are around the hoop you better double team them or your getting banged on.

i messed around with one quarter of the real nba and that too has been tightend up. playcalling was simple, pick and rolls are easy to do. My only gripe is the cameras. still not close enough for my liking but baseline high is good enough. great entry to the live series. my favorite so far.

# 51 CookNBA03 @ 09/15/15 04:08 PM
How many teams do we have in the demo?

# 52 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/15/15 04:14 PM
I'm just gonna make it short & sweet. The game can be fun if you don't take it too serious.

Live just has more of an arcade feel to it with some simulation elements sprinkled in. Others have pretty much already stated how I feel. NBA Live always feels like a work in progress. I can't help but feel like this is the game we should've got for Live 14. Is the game improved? Of course, but that's a given being how low the bar was set for them. I know the devs are trying to get it there but I just don't know what they're aiming for at this point. I'm still seeing some of the same legacy issues (wonky animations, wonky dribbling, warping animations, a lack of transitional animations, not enough of a variety of animations especially under the basket, etc..) Don't get me wrong, Live does have some things going for it (arena atmosphere, lighting, ESPN presentation, good foot planting, etc..) With that said I just can't justify spending $65 on this game especially when the competition is so superior in almost every way (even with it's flaws).

At the end of the day it comes down to preference. Like I said if you prefer more of an arcade style game then Live is for you. It just doesn't cut it for me. I appreciate the effort EA but like someone else suggested, maybe you guys should reconsider bringing NBA Street back. It would be a nice alternative & I would be all over that game!

# 53 DblocW @ 09/15/15 04:28 PM
Ive been playin the demo all day. Had a effn shootout with the Warriors ...Klay beat me with a 3 after i hit a 3 with Pierce to tie off a sweet play. Ill be uploading that game as well as a summer run game or two on my youtube page.

But to a quick impression. The presentation is pretty good,lighting,courts are nice too. Still gettin used to it due to the fact we only had one basketball game to play. So its definitely better that5 last yrs NbA Live, has to continue to push forward to give them guys over yonder a reason to really look over their shoulders. I will be picking this game up. I havent had so.much fun in awhile, its refreshing. I was able to pull some nice crossovers together as well....sky is limit...ill add more thoughts later on...but you have my attention EASports....salute...

# 54 DblocW @ 09/15/15 04:35 PM
Oh there was one major thing i hope they fix. The companion app has been giving me and others hell..one it is simple once you figure everything out (lighting etc) 3 quick head movements and u got a scan. Unfortunately i didnt like how my 1st scan went so i re did it...which came out gr8....and well now its stuck in limbo...so my face isnt in the game at the moment....ive shut app down,uninstalled and re installed same thing...since midnight....so if anyone has a solution or heard from EA let a brother know.

# 55 yungloud @ 09/15/15 04:44 PM
Rebounding is at its worst when a 7ft center can't grab it

# 56 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/15/15 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Less than 200mb in ten minutes?! THIS AIN'T 1997!
My download is creeping right now too.

# 57 mrprice33 @ 09/15/15 04:46 PM
Stats and sliders from my last 12-minute game in spoilers below, where I crushed the Wizards in Oklahoma City.

Spoiler

Still needs more fouls, but the inside sliders helped. Will probably up those more.

# 58 Flightwhite24 @ 09/15/15 04:49 PM
I'm done with the demo. Time for the real thing!!

IT'S KOBE TIME!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 59 DETERMINOLOGY @ 09/15/15 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I'm just gonna make it short & sweet. The game can be fun if you don't take it too serious.

Live just has more of an arcade feel to it with some simulation elements sprinkled in. Others have pretty much already stated how I feel. NBA Live always feels like a work in progress. I can't help but feel like this is the game we should've got for Live 14. Is the game improved? Of course, but that's a given being how low the bar was set for them. I know the devs are trying to get it there but I just don't know what they're aiming for at this point. I'm still seeing some of the same legacy issues (wonky animations, wonky dribbling, warping animations, a lack of transitional animations, not enough of a variety of animations especially under the basket, etc..) Don't get me wrong, Live does have some things going for it (arena atmosphere, lighting, ESPN presentation, good foot planting, etc..) With that said I just can't justify spending $65 on this game especially when the competition is so superior in almost every way (even with it's flaws).

At the end of the day it comes down to preference. Like I said if you prefer more of an arcade style game then Live is for you. It just doesn't cut it for me. I appreciate the effort EA but like someone else suggested, maybe you guys should reconsider bringing NBA Street back. It would be a nice alternative & I would be all over that game!
I agree..When i played the demo something just didnt feel right ..Dont get me wrong the animations is better then the previous yeas but it still has that box body to body stiffness in there..The animations are just to stiff and the game doesnt flow...For nba live 16 its always going to be arcadeish not my issue but more of its flow and movement..Its not there yet and for next years title they need to have everything have a realistic flowy feeel to it but keep it as nba live and it would be smoother..And oh yea the shooting needs to be tune..They trying tho i see a difference but they need more time

# 60 pdawg17 @ 09/15/15 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungloud
Rebounding is at its worst when a 7ft center can't grab it
As a Warriors fan I see this issue with Bogut a lot

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.