Home
PES 2016 News Post

PES 2016 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC via Steam today. Play a few matches and post your impressions here.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Russo @ 09/15/15 12:34 PM
I think the game plays too fast to notice all the faults.

- poor Defensive A.I
- poor goalie A.I (no lateral movements, so easy to score within the box)
- close to zero fouls called in-game
- collision system improved but glitchy and unresponsive
- lack of licences
- visually lacking

# 2 wkhalil @ 09/15/15 12:38 PM
Got the full game PS4 yesterday via digital download. Got say I am very impressed with the full version. It plays much better than the demo IMO. Let me just say that this game should be played with manual controls on -2 (otherwise quite fast paced). I haven't tried any modes yet but int the context of an exhibition game, this is the best I have ever played. I like the additional stadiums specially the UK style ones. Lighting is great and nice visuals.

# 3 wkhalil @ 09/15/15 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo

- poor Defensive A.I
- lack of licences
- visually lacking
Here what surprises me..the experience is totally different. What console are you using? Are you playing full manual? have you tried to reduce the game speed? have you used the image editing feature? I personally updated have of the EPL kits today in 30 mins.

My concern is that many people just dive in playing with default settings without trying to optimize the game.

I hope you enjoy the game at one point.

# 4 Russo @ 09/15/15 12:47 PM
I'm on Xbox One so I cannot edit the kits or import skins. Bummer.

I will try to lower game speed and see from there. What difficulty do you play on?

# 5 wkhalil @ 09/15/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
I'm on Xbox One so I cannot edit the kits or import skins. Bummer.

I will try to lower game speed and see from there. What difficulty do you play on?
Yes unfortunately xbox 1 does not have this option yet. On ps4 It is a bit time consuming but all I need to do is to get kit images and paste it team edit mode. Looks really nice. Also graphics look very good in PS4 especially in day games. Some stadiums look better than others. I'd try to first see what color setting on your tv would provide the best visuals.

I play on professional so far and it's well balanced. -2 should be good. I agree the game is just fast otherwise. Also If you are not using manual give it a try

# 6 Ball_Bag @ 09/15/15 01:23 PM
Was gonna pick up the PS4 copy today at Gamestop. Still little or no fouls in the final release??

# 7 RoyceDa59 @ 09/15/15 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
Was gonna pick up the PS4 copy today at Gamestop. Still little or no fouls in the final release??
Lets just say the fouls are few at least from the AI, seems similar to PES 15.

# 8 TeleTex82 @ 09/15/15 02:29 PM
More polished version of the demo. Playing manual, superstar, -1 speed. Very realistic game of football. People complain its too hard to score in the box, its not hard to finish box must be playing assisted. With that said, pro footballers will finish an open shot 15 yrds from goal more often than not.

The collision system is pretty amazing, limbs collide at individual points, and react accordingly. There is much more a sense of two physical bodies colliding, instead of weird tractor beam, rubber banding and pre canned animations.

I haven't won or lost any game the same way yet. There is a real thought process to the CPU's attack, some actual build up and a real flow to the game. Everything just feels much more organic and borne of things actually playing out on the field.

The ability actually defend physically in your own final third cannot be understated. Controlling quality players is a joy. That probably Suns it up, this game really translates joy of playing football very faithfully.

# 9 orion523 @ 09/15/15 02:52 PM
The foul issue is worse than I ever could have imagined. I just watched four different Twitch streams of slide tackle wipe outs, happening over and over and over with zero reprocussions. Maybe offline this can be overlooked, but the fact of the matter is that the most basic rule of football means absolutely nothing in this game.

# 10 RoyceDa59 @ 09/15/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
The foul issue is worse than I ever could have imagined. I just watched four different Twitch streams of slide tackle wipe outs, happening over and over and over with zero reprocussions. Maybe offline this can be overlooked, but the fact of the matter is that the most basic rule of football means absolutely nothing in this game.
I felt that way watching some streams yesterday before picking it up and it almost made me pass up on it because I was bothered like you. Once I played it was a lot different for me, I do think the like of fouls are an issue but when I go into replay and look at some of those tackles that appear like fouls they are actually getting the a piece of the ball. I think tackles are a little too accurate which may lead to what we are seeing.

# 11 TeleTex82 @ 09/15/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Not as bad as FIFA 14. I get a couple of free kicks a game.

# 12 dubcity @ 09/15/15 04:00 PM
Quote:

The problem is the CPU pretty much always gets the ball first in those situations. I've even seen slide tackles where the CPU's boot would teleport through a players legs to get the ball. People are talking up the collision system, saying that context matters and that players move in realistic and amazing ways, and they do for the most part, but problem is that apparently a CPU player making a bad challenge isn't a context that they felt the need to include at a realistic rate.

# 13 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/15/15 04:06 PM
I had been posting impressions in the other thread for those who of us who were lucky enough to get it early, so I won't repeat what I said there.

What I will add is that last night I played as Peru vs. Germany in a friendly. I knew I was in for a fight since I was overmatched from a talent standpoint, but I had a few of my good players on good form (a handful of red arrows).

I thought, I have a chance.

Ha. Germany DOMINATED possession and knocked it around. I think the final numbers were like 67-33 percent. I knew I couldn't high press or they would kill me, but I could do nothing the few times I won the ball.

They scored on a great volley before halftime, but couldn't find an insurance goal. Then one quick give-and-go pass down the right flank by me in the 84th minute led to a cross that my central midfielder finished at the far post.

I totally deserved to lose that one, but I managed a result with the 1-1. It felt good to get a result, but it felt even better to be able to get dominated and given a real tough game like I should from a superior opponent.

# 14 RoyceDa59 @ 09/15/15 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I had been posting impressions in the other thread for those who of us who were lucky enough to get it early, so I won't repeat what I said there.

What I will add is that last night I played as Peru vs. Germany in a friendly. I knew I was in for a fight since I was overmatched from a talent standpoint, but I had a few of my good players on good form (a handful of red arrows).

I thought, I have a chance.

Ha. Germany DOMINATED possession and knocked it around. I think the final numbers were like 67-33 percent. I knew I couldn't high press or they would kill me, but I could do nothing the few times I won the ball.

They scored on a great volley before halftime, but couldn't find an insurance goal. Then one quick give-and-go pass down the right flank by me in the 84th minute led to a cross that my central midfielder finished at the far post.

I totally deserved to lose that one, but I managed a result with the 1-1. It felt good to get a result, but it felt even better to be able to get dominated and given a real tough game like I should from a superior opponent.
Nice; are you using the custom kits for Peru?

# 15 DBMcGee3 @ 09/15/15 04:37 PM
Quote:

- poor Defensive A.I
- close to zero fouls called in-game
- lack of licences
- visually lacking
This guy gets it. Well said man.

# 16 Matt10 @ 09/15/15 04:44 PM
Is there even a need for a free kick taker trait anymore since there are literally no fouls? Come on, guys - that alone is a joke. David Beckham is crying somewhere.

I will still get the damn game in hopes of a patch to fix the referee calling fouls. Maybe they should've changed the cover to include Neymar and Howard Webb - to make a further emphasis on fouls, like they did for PES3 and PES 4:

# 17 stevostl @ 09/15/15 04:46 PM
Quote:
collision system improved but glitchy and unresponsive
I have NOT played the retailed code yet so I don't know but did something change with this from the demo? In the demo this was the most responsive controls for a PES game I ever played and also had the best collision detection.

I'm curious if others can comment on this because I never seen anyone say this yet until now... is it worst than the demo? I felt this was one the stronger parts of the demo.. as it was the most responsive I have ever played.

# 18 TeleTex82 @ 09/15/15 04:49 PM
I still think this foul thing is getting a bit overblown. I get at least a couple of close free kicks a game. A lot of it depends on the player you are controlling. It's a lot easier to draw fouls with a winger than a DMF. Thecjey being drawing the foul. Just like in real life, you can expect to be found if you are flying into the area and a straight line holdibg down the dash button. If you see changes of speed and direction, and some clever dribbling you can draw fouls in this game a lot easier than you can in a lot of FIFA games.

# 19 orion523 @ 09/15/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
I still think this foul thing is getting a bit overblown. I get at least a couple of close free kicks a game. A lot of it depends on the player you are controlling. It's a lot easier to draw fouls with a winger than a DMF. Thecjey being drawing the foul. Just like in real life, you can expect to be found if you are flying into the area and a straight line holdibg down the dash button. If you see changes of speed and direction, and some clever dribbling you can draw fouls in this game a lot easier than you can in a lot of FIFA games.
There are definitely some things you can say that PES does better than FIFA, most notably player ID, and total team tactics, but to say that you can draw fouls easier in PES than FIFA is laughable. If you want I can post videos of me hacking down one player after another with naughty slide tackle after naughty slide tackle without fear of a foul let alone a card. There's no shot you can do that with FIFA, no shot. The foul system in PES is in need of a complete overhaul, and I guarantee it is NOT fixed with a patch, if it could, it would have been.

# 20 schnakenpopanz @ 09/15/15 05:25 PM
PES 6 was and will be the best game ever created. No fifa, no pes ever could compete with that. Just watch some videos and you will know what I mean.
Back to topic, I think they are taking steps in the right direction, but both games fifa and pes have their flaws.

« Previous1234567891617Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.