Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

Check out the NBA Live 16 player ratings for every team in the league. These rosters are scheduled to get an update on release date.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 XxSpiritHunterX @ 09/15/15 03:56 PM
Some overalls are a bit high if you ask me. Never figured to see Jason Thompson as an 81. But I'll take it, it still seems like a decently balanced ratings system.

Thanks for the upload (plus I'm also a sub of yours). Looking forward to seeing the ratings in action

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk

# 2 Playmakers @ 09/15/15 09:04 PM
The overall rating means nothing fellas....

When your playing a game who's going to care what a guy's overall rating is in Live?

We need to focus on the actual playing style and tendencies of the players translating to the floor.

A guy can be rated 99 overall and that still doesn't gurantee he will play like himself on the floor.

I want to see if they made huge strides in player performances this year once the retail version drops.

# 3 BluFu @ 09/15/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The overall rating means nothing fellas....

When your playing a game who's going to care what a guy's overall rating is in Live?

We need to focus on the actual playing style and tendencies of the players translating to the floor.

A guy can be rated 99 overall and that still doesn't gurantee he will play like himself on the floor.

I want to see if they made huge strides in player performances this year once the retail version drops.
Jahlil Okafor and Anthony Davis have 70 3pt ratings right now.. I agree, it's silly when guys start saying someone's overall is off by 2-5 points but ratings like that really do effect gameplay.

# 4 TSGuy @ 09/15/15 09:34 PM
LOL omg Embiid, they clearly did not scan his face

# 5 FaM0us Skins @ 09/16/15 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSGuy
LOL omg Embiid, they clearly did not scan his face
Lol Justice Winslow's picture is even worse than Embiid. It looks nothing like him.

# 6 Vic Viper @ 09/16/15 01:22 AM
Most of the players have that, "Who pooted" look (mug shots), but most of those same players look better in regular gameplay for some odd reason.

# 7 Poppindom @ 09/16/15 01:38 AM
Honestly, this game plays so much better than last year considering they are installing the full patch on day 1 of release. This game is crazy. As for ratings, I honestly don't care too much about them because it doesn't really mean anything especially since we have sliders this year.

# 8 Playmakers @ 09/16/15 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Jahlil Okafor and Anthony Davis have 70 3pt ratings right now.. I agree, it's silly when guys start saying someone's overall is off by 2-5 points but ratings like that really do effect gameplay.
Hey i'm not debating that the ratings aren't too high....

I'm debating the fact that they in the grand scheme of things they won't matter because I doubt the game will have the CPU controlled Okafor or Davis launching 3's which makes their rating pointless.

Now if a USER controlled player starts jacking up 3's with either player then you definetly have a point but then again if it's someone who plays SIM style basketball it shouldn't be a problem right?

I'm more anxious to see if they have finally improved on player tendencies which is going to carry more weight on the replay value of the game IMO.

# 9 fufo @ 09/16/15 05:13 AM
Gordon Hayward has a lower mid range than Andrew Wiggins.
Last year, Hayward shot 45% from mid.
Wiggins shot 31%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 alabamarob @ 09/16/15 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufo
Gordon Hayward has a lower mid range than Andrew Wiggins.
Last year, Hayward shot 45% from mid.
Wiggins shot 31%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ratings are horrible. They can't be using any real life data. Blake is a better mid range shooter the horford and Westbrook is a better overall shooter then Middleton on this rating scale. Synergy should sue. Ha

# 11 pawalker03 @ 09/16/15 07:55 AM
Forget the ratings the faces suck lol

# 12 blloyd8298 @ 09/16/15 08:12 AM
How is Justin Anderson not on the Mavs' roster? He was their first round pick...lol terrible

# 13 Dizmode @ 09/16/15 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
The ratings are horrible. They can't be using any real life data. Blake is a better mid range shooter the horford and Westbrook is a better overall shooter then Middleton on this rating scale. Synergy should sue. Ha
THANK YOU

Man I saw Middleton rating and Kevin Love shooting the 3 better than him..Wait Lebron is shooting the 3 better than him??!!??

Where oh where are they getting their data from.

Dear EA, Please dont be afraid to use NBA(.) com, Espn places that actually post the stats...You cant be serious. J.R Smith shooting the long ball better than Kris Middleton?

WHO IS DOING THIS STUFF?

# 14 Mintsa @ 09/16/15 09:12 AM
How is Jonas Valanciunas the Raptors highest rated player ?? It makes no sense.

Side note: no James Johnson's face scan was not fixed.....yikes !

# 15 GuwopGeezus @ 09/16/15 10:48 AM
Ratings aren't everything but some of these ratings are so off it's comical. I'll use the Sixers as an example since that's my team but you can tell they just payed zero attention to them. As someone said Jah's 3 pointer is a 70?? Covington is the worst player on the team at a 62?? (Meanwhile Carl Landry is a 77). Lmao I can only laugh.

# 16 RipCity71252 @ 09/16/15 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
How is Jonas Valanciunas the Raptors highest rated player ?? It makes no sense.

Side note: no James Johnson's face scan was not fixed.....yikes !
That was the one rating that stood out to me as well. We all know that these overalls are on the higher side, but an 88! But yeah, some of these place holders / artist representations are .

Luke Babbitt at 6:20...no words haha

# 17 seanhazz1 @ 09/16/15 12:05 PM
Live has its own rating system, affected by different in-game contextual situations and tendencies. Before we complain, how does it all work on the court? The true shot percentage takes a lot into account, and until I see post play Bigs hitting 3's like Curry, I'll wait for further in-game testing. It was stated that the shot ratings are multiplied with other factors to produce a TRUE shot percentage.

EXAMPLE: If the tendency is 0 and the rating is 70, who's to say they aren't using 70 x 0= 0 ( or whatever formula they are using) for Okafor's true rating,. He would miss almost every attempt anyway. How do we know a 70 for a PF is the same as a 70 for a PG or SG regarding ratings? A 70 3pt with a zero tendency rating by a post player might be like a 25 for a wing.

From the Demo, with adjusted sliders, I definitely feel and fear the stars playing like stars, outside of some late game issues. IMO, When the ratings system is detailed in depth we can criticize then, instead of clamoring for a 2k-like rating which might possibly break the whole Live 16 experience further than some are already claiming.

I just think this will turn into another "give us EDITING" thread soon as more people react, instead of play testing, ironically, which is why we have it two weeks ahead of any other basketball video game release, to play and give feedback on what's happening in game. Personally, don't care if Lebron is rated a 20 overall and Jeremy Lin is rated a 99, as long as they each play in game, and look like like the studs and duds they are IRL, from tendencies to skill.

# 18 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/15 12:11 PM
Me and seanhazz1 will agree for the first time in a while.

I think I see what Live is going for with their formula...

I think the best thing we can do is point out guys who are playing above\below their skill level rather than worry about OVR numbers....then we can identify some real issues...

# 19 bballshawn24 @ 09/16/15 01:01 PM
realative to everybody else ratings. j clarkson should be 84-87

# 20 iLLWiLL @ 09/16/15 01:10 PM
Live really needs to redo how eyes are portrayed on all of their player models. Even on players with black eyes they look far too light. And the players already with light eyes? Might as well be dead, or zombies. It's probably the single thing that kills the graphics.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.