Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at 21.84 GB. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to FIFA 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: If you don’t see FIFA 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 TeleTex82 @ 09/20/15 10:37 AM
Ball still feels like its caught in players' gravitational field. I really miss the freedom and chaos of FIFA 14. With the slider adjustments from Matt and Orion, and tactics from Krebs that game played pretty much perfect. They totally botched it with 15, 16 looks to be a return to 14 in some regards. In some others it feels a lot like 15.

# 242 Dos_Santos @ 09/20/15 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
My two biggest issues with the game.

1. the CPU defense is overpowered in my opinion. Their backs make the perfect tackles every time and just suffocate with their bodies. I cannot keep possession of the ball to save my life.

2. sticking with CPU defense, their backs close out on my faster attackers EVERY single time when there should clearly be an advantage with the speed. The speed threshold needs to be adjusted.

I would mention passing but honestly CPU defense is too good I just make my own mistakes with passing. Other than that, I love the game and the competitive CPU but the defense and speed threshold need to be adjusted imo.
They will adjust number 2 to a degree.

As it currently stands, it is the equivalent of suh chasing down Charles or gasol chasing down lebron. It will be tweaked.

# 243 SpritePuck @ 09/20/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
They will adjust number 2 to a degree.

As it currently stands, it is the equivalent of suh chasing down Charles or gasol chasing down lebron. It will be tweaked.
If Lebron dribbled the ball with his feet and kept it tight to his feet, I would have my money on Gasol chasing him down.

I really hope they do not adjust the speed.

If you watch actual football players do not dribble past people and outrun defenders with the ball at their feet. If you want to outrun defenders, do it realistically and you can do it. Kick the ball out ahead of you and race the defender to the ball and repeat. To think a pro footballer can dribble the ball tight at his feet and outrun another pro footballer without the ball is just not correct.

Do people actually think Bale dribbling the ball in tight could out run Smalling (or tons of other defenders) just sprinting down the pitch?

That is crazy.... Bale does it by sprinting to the ball, pushing it forward and sprinting to it again. On the rare occasion that he does it at all....

# 244 xicpanad @ 09/20/15 12:38 PM
I prey for EA not to touch the player´s pace. That would kill the balance and once again we would have attacks "a la Fifa 15". The way it´s implemented is just perfect! Pace will be important, but not as decisive as last year.

I know people don´t like it general, and it feels cheat, but its not. In fact, IRL you won´t see anyone with ball outpacing everybody else on the pitch. It simply doesn´t happen. What happens most of times is that the likes of Bales, Ronaldos, Messis whatever are highly skilled at unbalancing defenders, and that´s where they win their precious advantage and sometimes lots of space to sprint into. It may seem they have outpaced the defender in question but in fact, they did something unexpected, fooling that defender and runing away from him... when the defender starts sprinting, he´s already long gone.

Even on those youtube videos about those awesome skills, we can see that usually the defenders can keep up in pace, problem is they just started the run too late. Last National match for Ronaldo against Albania, he got a couple times behind the defensive lines, but was always caught up by defenders, and he had to play other away instead of just sprinting to the goal. If he has a good amount of yards between him and the defensive line, usually its just because the defenders got caught up distracted, but you can sure see them catching up, though most times its too late for that.

# 245 ChaseB @ 09/20/15 12:56 PM
Yeah the de Bruyne torching the last man back moments are more rare than not (though epic when they do):

# 246 redsox4evur @ 09/20/15 01:00 PM
Chase it also doesn't help he was like a yard offsides. LOL.

# 247 xicpanad @ 09/20/15 01:31 PM
He wasn´t offside, as he was behind the midfield line. Anyway, that video shows perfectly the most important: He outruns the defensive line because they were "sleeping", but as soon as he has to drible he looses pace, almost got caught by Boateng (i guess?). Still, it was too late ahah.

# 248 SpritePuck @ 09/20/15 02:07 PM
In FIFA 16 you can counter attack and do exactly what is in that vid. And as pointed out as soon as he began dribbling the defense closed on him like mad. Had he got the ball a little sooner they may have stopped him.

That is a perfect example of how much pace a player loses when on the ball. It is also a great example of how pace works in football. You can run past a standing still defender and make a gap as he turns to chase you down. A perfect pass and you have a break away. But dribbling a defender is gonna keep up with you.

For the first time ever FIFA has pace right. A fast player is rewarded as is good passing. But build up is the key and timing. Not just sprint around people dribbling the ball.

Those de Bruyne goals are epic! Just watched it seven times....

# 249 Zac @ 09/20/15 05:13 PM
A second patch is being installed for me right now. The first one was them changing the womens teams. I'm not sure if this one is the day one patch or not. I'm guess it is.

# 250 PAPERNUT @ 09/20/15 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
A second patch is being installed for me right now. The first one was them changing the womens teams. I'm not sure if this one is the day one patch or not. I'm guess it is.
Here we go... Do report please and praying for little changes.

# 251 ROABS @ 09/20/15 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
Here we go... Do report please and praying for little changes.
i only played 1 kickoff game after the patch tonight but it played the same to me.

# 252 SpritePuck @ 09/20/15 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Please tell me this does not change gameplay and especially not pace... Please even if you have to lie just don't crush my world. They can not change what I love before I get to truely enjoy it. Well, they can but I may cry.

# 253 Zac @ 09/20/15 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
i only played 1 kickoff game after the patch tonight but it played the same to me.
Same. I played 4 games and I couldn't tell any differences at all. I thought maybe it felt a little easier at first, but then those thoughts were quelled when I lost a game as Chelsea on default Pro to Arsenal 1-3. It felt the same. What ever changes it addressed were not abundantly clear to me.

# 254 bad_philanthropy @ 09/20/15 07:15 PM
Are any changes detailed in the changelog accessible from PS4 home screen?

# 255 SpritePuck @ 09/20/15 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Same. I played 4 games and I couldn't tell any differences at all. I thought maybe it felt a little easier at first, but then those thoughts were quelled when I lost a game as Chelsea on default Pro to Arsenal 1-3. It felt the same. What ever changes it addressed were not abundantly clear to me.
Thank goodness! ZO and ROABS huge thanks for keeping us PS4 only folks updated and so quickly! Thank you thank you!

And Thank you EA for not changing pace and what is great about gameplay!

# 256 VTPack919 @ 09/20/15 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
My time expired last night So I created a new acct.
Are you able to access your career and other files from your other profile. I am trying to switch back to my main account from my secondary profile and it doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

# 257 redsox4evur @ 09/20/15 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
Are you able to access your career and other files from your other profile. I am trying to switch back to my main account from my secondary profile and it doesn't seem to work.

Yea it doesn't work like that...all files are attached to one account. Just like last gen.

# 258 Zac @ 09/20/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim

No you can only start new save files on the new profile.

# 259 VTPack919 @ 09/20/15 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
No you can only start new save files on the new profile.
Boo! I was hoping it would work like Madden did this year.

# 260 Finnatic @ 09/20/15 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
To go off what SteeelerFan said... It probably is not a foul word or curse word in your culture but maybe is in another.

An example of cultural difference. I will not use foul words because I do not purposefully do so... While us in America all know that the word "mate" is what Brits use for friend sometimes. Few probably know that in Wales "butt" is the word they use for "mate" or friend. This example is just a small one to illustrate that no matter where you live there is possibly something you use as everyday language that in another culture is offensive.

What is the name you wanted. I have an iPhone app to check what it means in other cultures.

My team name is the same one I have used for years...FC Katy. Katy is for Katy, TX where I live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.