Home
FIFA 16 News Post

The trial version of FIFA 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers, weighing in at 21.84 GB. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to FIFA 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: If you don’t see FIFA 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 nmain @ 09/18/15 12:30 AM
Is the AI in pro clubs now programmed to pass as soon as they get it no matter what the situation is?

The AI is making this mode unplayable in this version.

# 142 JimmyDeicide @ 09/18/15 12:35 AM

Now i fancy a curry dammit.

# 143 ChaseB @ 09/18/15 01:07 AM
Had some really good online games tonight in online head to head. Really does feel very different from last year in these match ups.

One small touch that's nice is it seems they shortened replays after goals to just one cut and then back to midfield. So now it doesn't feel like a butthole move to watch your goal since it's not like you're watching it three times and then walking to midfield after as well.

# 144 Resurrection403 @ 09/18/15 02:02 AM
anyone else think that cheap scouts is a bad idea? doesnt that make it a little too easy to hire 3 ***** judgement scouts and just load up on youth?

# 145 Zac @ 09/18/15 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
anyone else think that cheap scouts is a bad idea? doesnt that make it a little too easy to hire 3 ***** judgement scouts and just load up on youth?
Well, from what I've seen so far they have also toned down the quality of player they scouts find. My 5/4 scout in two months tonight only found one player over 55 up singing. Some had high potentials, but when I signed them, their initial stats were all red. Even the kid that had a 80-95 potential.

# 146 sroz39 @ 09/18/15 06:47 AM
If anyone wants to add me as a friend to play some Pro Clubs in the trial I'm down. Even if its 2 man, I'd rather do that than the gong show that 5v5 is in the drop in Pro Clubs.

GT: TdotsFinest82

Edit: for that matter, add me if you'd like to play on the PS4 when the game drops next Tuesday. Same reason.

PSN: TdotsFinest82

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 147 ROABS @ 09/18/15 07:52 AM
to get an extra 10 hours of ea access , i need to buy ea access on another account on my xbox? then i can play 10 more hours with my main account? thanks for any info

im really enjoying the full game and want some more time over the weekend.

# 148 sroz39 @ 09/18/15 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROABS
to get an extra 10 hours of ea access , i need to buy ea access on another account on my xbox? then i can play 10 more hours with my main account? thanks for any info

im really enjoying the full game and want some more time over the weekend.
I don't think it's for your main account, its for whatever account you buy it for. So each subsequent account you create to put EA Access on is the one that would have access to the trial

# 149 ZoneBlitz @ 09/18/15 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I played three games last night in career. And from that experience, no they didn't play the same. Real Madrid played fast on the wings and lots side switches. Roma was playing lots of long balls and crossing. Seattle Sounders were playing slow possession build up and only attacking down the middle.
OMG! What!? If there is even a modicum of this in my experience with FIFA 16 I will probably need therapy to stop playing the game. LOL! This is truly, truly awesome news. OMG, Tuesday cannot come fast enough.

Teams playing, at least to some degree, like they do in real life, in FIFA!? There is a God.

OMG, I can't wait!

# 150 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/18/15 09:17 AM
I'm on PS4, so I'm not able to play yet, but I have it downloaded from my pre-order. Got an update file last night. I wonder if that's the day one patch or something. Did any of you guys on X box get it?

# 151 ZoneBlitz @ 09/18/15 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
So I'm trying to upload a few clips from my game as Liverpool against Tottenham but as I'm learning, everything is a littleeeeee (read: alot more) bit harder to do on the Xbox One than it is on the PS4. Anyway, rant aside, the clips were of Tottenham players trying shots from distance. Shots you'd never see in 15.

My first game I played against Norwich and everything was a cross into the box because they didn't have the skill to create in the final third of the field. Against Tottenham it was the complete opposite as they kept playing long balls forward into Kane to advance the ball and actually played a bunch of one-two's and first time shots as well. It was beautiful to see. I'm admittedly a 75/25 online to offline player in FIFA but you offline only guys are in for a treat. This game is a beaut.

I've seen guys have trouble handling the ball on a first touch, which makes you think about who to pass to as well as how hard. I've seen the A.I. play the ball to the goalie often but it is with purpose, not how in PES they play it along the back line strictly for possession. The best part is the transitional animations. There is a TON more in 16. It leads to players feeling weighty and the game not appear so herky jerky because there isn't enough animations to show what the game is trying to show.

My favorite clip I saved that I'm hoping to upload is of a play you would never see in PES because the physics engine in FIFA is an absolute gem. I was setting up a shot with Benteke and just as I was swinging my leg forward to kick the ball, the defender clipped my shooting leg, leading to me dragging that foot and then falling forward. It was an absolutely awesome example of the physics present in this game.

Tuesday can't come soon enough so I can start everything going on my PS4.

This is awesome news! Teams playing different, first touches playing a part, and forcing strategic thinking, etc... This is great. OMG, I can't wait until Tuesday.

Wow, so teams really do play different. That, on top of the stellar presentation might make this game a classic.

# 152 jb12780 @ 09/18/15 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I'm on PS4, so I'm not able to play yet, but I have it downloaded from my pre-order. Got an update file last night. I wonder if that's the day one patch or something. Did any of you guys on X box get it?
Got the same update. Most likely a day 1 patch.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 153 xicpanad @ 09/18/15 09:50 AM
I can confirm teams playing in diferent ways, and also with diferent dificulties. Yesterday I picked Portugal and started an international tournament. First game against Uruguay got me totally raped. They played very patiently but in the final third they were killers... lost 4-0!!! Second game against Slovenia and I totally dominated the match. Played more patiently as they were trying really hard all over the place, trying to keep possession, pressing all over the place etc... First 15 minutes were awfull but since then they started missing passes and my team seemed to position better and better, wich led to a 2-0 win. There are fouls here and there, and the 2nd goal was actually a free kick from Moutinho without any chance for the goalkeeper.

# 154 Gnemi @ 09/18/15 10:07 AM
To be honest, you didn't even need Early Access to see teams play differently. It's rather prevalent in the demo. That's literally the first thing I recall positively remarking on, how BMG were playing long balls and crosses from the wings and taking shots from 16-20 meters. I then played Barca and they were pressing everywhere and counter attacking. The Sounders were ironically the team using tiki taka /2013 Arsenal tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 155 JayD @ 09/18/15 10:35 AM
man I surely hope this patch that is rolling out doesn't change much in the way of speed and gameplay. Just fix what's not working!

# 156 SpritePuck @ 09/18/15 10:47 AM
The update that downloaded yesterday was roster.

Mostly removing the 13 NCAA athletes and adding in lower depth squad members to replace them. I guess some boot changes and player ratings and other roster tweaks were involved. According to the EA release about the update no gameplay changes are listed. Just the roster stuff.

# 157 Onlyfutbol86 @ 09/18/15 10:48 AM
This has nothing to do with the game play but I wanted to share my story...

So I have played online matches, usually never lag on my end on any game so I feel my internet is worthy....Anywho, started to download the early access FIFA last night at 6:20PM, 940 PM its at 92%, 1005 PM its at 92%. I down loaded the early access last year and didn't seem it took this long. I am pumped to play the game. Matt and orion have already started on sliders, life is good......

So Im getting frustrated as another 10 go by and its still 92%, in frustration I pause the demo and start it again, nothing for another 5....I do it again...WAIT, did i just hit the cancel button?!?! FML

So needless to say, I ended up having to start all over and went to bed. THE END!

BTW: How do the actual rosters look as far as players on the right club ect?

# 158 KG @ 09/18/15 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Had some really good online games tonight in online head to head. Really does feel very different from last year in these match ups.

One small touch that's nice is it seems they shortened replays after goals to just one cut and then back to midfield. So now it doesn't feel like a butthole move to watch your goal since it's not like you're watching it three times and then walking to midfield after as well.
I was quietly calling you a butthole for watching those Dortmund goals until my Villa goal!

j/k

It's going to take some time and restraint to not button-mash after a goal.

# 159 therizing02 @ 09/18/15 11:17 AM
Thanks for all of the great impressions gents.....and Sprite Puck! I had to send my XB1 in for repairs on Wednesday...grrrr.

Keep 'em coming!

# 160 VTPack919 @ 09/18/15 11:23 AM
This game is SO good. I bought PES with the intention of playing both. Now I know full and well that won't happen.

The tweaks to pace and the passing system are amazing. No more pinpoint blind passing! Computer teams playing varying styles of soccer? I am dreaming.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.