Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 point guards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Tony Parker - (Overall Rating - 83)
  • Eric Bledsoe - (Overall Rating - 82)
  • Kemba Walker - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Goran Dragić - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Ty Lawson - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Brandon Jennings - (Overall Rating - 80)
  • Jrue Holiday - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Darren Collison - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Deron Williams - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Reggie Jackson - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • George Hill - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • D'Angelo Russell - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Ricky Rubio - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Michael Carter Williams - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Rajon Rondo - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Dennis Schröder - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Mo Williams - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Elfrid Payton - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Patrick Beverley - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Jarrett Jack - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Emmanuel Mudiay - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Beno Udrih - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Jordan Clarkson - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Jeremy Lin - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Cory Joseph - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Marcus Smart - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Patty Mills - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • D.J. Augustin - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Zach LaVine - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Greivis Vasquez - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mario Chalmers - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Norris Cole - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Kirk Hinrich - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Delon Wright - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Matthew Dellavedova - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Jerian Grant - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Tyus Jones - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Terry Rozier - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Jimmer Fredette - (Overall Rating - 67)
Previously confirmed NBA 2K16 player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 pawalker03 @ 09/17/15 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
We already know Melo isn't #2. LBJ and KD are ahead of him.

Since the overall is biased towards offense I assume he'll be 3rd.
Your right I forgot bout KD it's been so freakin long since he played lol so yea def 3 lol

# 82 HowDareI @ 09/17/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Yup , look at Evan Turners inflated Philly stats and then people thought when he went to Indy he was going to do the same . Nope nope .

Not to mention Tony's sample size is really small , he only played 30 games there is no telling if he could have kept it up . Now he's coming off an injury numbers might take a bit of a hit with other talent on the roster improving as well . I know Okafor going to get his touches
Look what he did on Boston....

And it'll only make it easier for Wroten. He drives in and dishes it to Covington or Thompson for 3, or Nerlens/Okafor down low. He's a drive and kick player.

# 83 H3LLGWAR @ 09/17/15 04:18 PM
How on earth this turned into a Rose vs. Wroten topic?

Keep it classy OS!

# 84 TheBadazz @ 09/17/15 04:19 PM
Everybody have they likes. Its the overall stat breakdown that determines how they play.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 85 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 09/17/15 04:21 PM
I have no problem with this list other than I think Teague and Lowry should be higher than rose and Westbrook should be in the 90s.As a pistons homer I hope Reggie Jackson gets to the top 10 this season. With the pistons last season he averaged 17.6 pts 9.2 assists and 4.7 rebounds. He has great chemistry with Drummond, if he plays like that for the whole season I could see him being top 10.

# 86 Mauer4MVP @ 09/17/15 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
2013 was two seasons ago.
That was 12-13.

Since then 13-14 and 14-15.

# 87 8KB24 @ 09/17/15 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
That was 12-13.

Since then 13-14 and 14-15.
Since 14/15 was last season where players could be evaluated upon 13/14 was season ago and 12/13 was two seasons ago.

# 88 GudStuffzz @ 09/17/15 04:56 PM
I think Russ's rating is just right tbh. Sure, he put up hella triple doubles and monster stats but the dude's usage rate was insanely high. Also, didn't his team lose more games than win during that stretch? As much as I love Curry, i'd probably drop him to a 90.

# 89 Sundown @ 09/17/15 05:18 PM
With a few exceptions, 2K's ratings have been very solid this year, especially in regards to the stars.

It lines up very well with the more nuanced and thoughtful rankings, and both the top stars and PGs are ranked almost exactly how I would have liked to see them.

I'm also very happy to see that Westbrook wasn't thrown a 90+ because of raw box scores. High 80's and below CP3 is exactly where I think he belongs.

I'm not sure if Rose is good or too high, but I'm glad he's not any higher due to the injured star treatment.

# 90 Mauer4MVP @ 09/17/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Since 14/15 was last season where players could be evaluated upon 13/14 was season ago and 12/13 was two seasons ago.
lol No. That's 3 seasons, thus 3 years ago.

Anyways, the point is Parker is no longer a top 10 point guard.

# 91 Eat_hits @ 09/17/15 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I don't know how much you watched of the Warriors this year but Steph never ducked any defensive assignments. It used to be Klay or Dre on the other teams best perimeter guy but this year it was Steph 90% of the time. That was something Ron Adams and Steph talked about.

And yeah that stats will be bloated because he's on a team that is a top 5 defensive team in the league. But the improvements are legit.

People who think Steph is anything other than a plus defender are living in the past. He's above average now. For sure.

And he's definitely a better defender than Westbrook.

Here's a great breakdown of Steph's improvements (and the stats to back it)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...light-defender
Seem like he just tried more and took more chances defensively with the security his team gave him. I guess your point was better proven though.

# 92 SLEEPEATGAME @ 09/17/15 05:21 PM
I'm trying to get a crew together for Pro Am in NBA 2k16 on the PS4. I will be a pass first PG. Comment and/or hit my inbox if you are interested. Headset required. Games will be played starting typically around 12:30 am. :Two weeks before it drops, so lets get familiar with one another prior to launch. Tag: Sleep-Eat-Game

# 93 Sundown @ 09/17/15 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat_hits
Seem like he just tried more and took more chances defensively with the security his team gave him. I guess your point was better proven though.

Steph was more aggressive but he wasn't just gambling-- he was funneling players to spots and was working within GSW's defensive scheme. Being coached by Ron Adams and really wanting more defensive responsibilities didn't hurt.

It's why he shows up positive on defense while Westbrook shows up negative on a great defensive team. The latter actually does tend to gamble more backed by good defenders and seems more showy in his defensive "hustle" when his actual impact isn't very strong.

# 94 Sundown @ 09/17/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Westbrook is the best player on the list.
Of players under 90, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Steph is a 93 while Russ is a 89. Let that sink in...

/thinks

Yep, that's pretty much the exact ratings I gave both of them a few weeks back and completely consistent with their analytical impact through the 2014-2015 season.

I'm very impressed 2K didn't fall for the raw box score trap and the nonsensical MVP talk for an average efficiency player. He was still impactful on offense but was extremely easy to overrate.

# 95 Sundown @ 09/17/15 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
I try not to get too caught up in ratings but I agree with most of these but man, what can Westbrook do more than what he did last year to get a 90 rating.
He could be a lot more efficient for one. His box score stats are sexy on a casual glance but his actual scoring is just league average efficiency on extremely high volume and has been that way his whole career.

Quote:
I'm curious to see who the second highest rated SG is behind harden.
I also will pull my hair out if PG or Leonard are rated higher than melo.

I would think the second highest SG would be Klay. Maybe somewhere around 87 or 86. Maybe Jimmy Butler. I expect a larger gap between the #1 and #2 spots at SG with Harden at 91 or 92.

I would absolutely have both Leonard and PG higher than Melo, who's also a mediocre efficiency, low defense player. Certainly Leonard. One can argue about downgrading PG for injuries but the same can be said for Melo, especially with Melo's seeming age/usage related.

# 96 Blippity @ 09/17/15 05:43 PM
It's always tough to get ratings right, but this looks about right. Sure some players could go up or down a little, but it's not terrible. I would hate to be doing the ratings though, not an easy gig.

I'm also glad there aren't too many 90 ratings. To me, being in the 90s is like being the absolute best. You don't want to over inflate players to being beyond what they are.

# 97 ojandpizza @ 09/17/15 06:03 PM
I actually really like the list point guard wise, Curry is a little high but that's expected. Chris Paul should be equal or better, but it's whatever.

The only think I have a problem with is Curry only one point behind LeBron and ahead of KD.. I guess in reality it's not a big deal since ratings are position based, but it's still overrating him as a player despite winning the MVP award.

# 98 Steve_OS @ 09/17/15 06:08 PM
Updated the OP w/ more PG ratings.

# 99 Sundown @ 09/17/15 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I actually really like the list point guard wise, Curry is a little high but that's expected. Chris Paul should be equal or better, but it's whatever.

The only think I have a problem with is Curry only one point behind LeBron and ahead of KD.. I guess in reality it's not a big deal since ratings are position based, but it's still overrating him as a player despite winning the MVP award.

I hope KD's lower rating is due to an injury bump, which would be refreshing to see. Of course there are other players that this should have more heavily effected but it's good if that's the case.

I feel that Curry surpassed CP3 this season and certainly made that point in some of their head to head matchups. I certainly wouldn't have minded if Curry was a 92 and CP a 91.

# 100 trekfan @ 09/17/15 06:17 PM
Updates from the first page ...

Quote:
UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Tony Parker - (Overall Rating - 83)
  • Eric Bledsoe - (Overall Rating - 82)
  • Kemba Walker - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Goran Dragić - (Overall Rating - 81)
  • Deron Williams - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • D'Angelo Russell - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Dennis Schröder - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Mo Williams - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Elfrid Payton - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Emmanuel Mudiay - (Overall Rating - OVR 75)
I'm surprised to see Russell and Mudiay rated so high out of the box. Deron Williams should be lower (75 until he proves himself worthy again).

Mo Williams as a 76? What, is it 2010 again?

I'm interested to see how these ratings do based on the team they're on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.