Home
FIFA 16 News Post

No, no, no. Not her. The NCAA didn't force EA Sports to remove Alex Morgan, pictured above in FIFA 16.

They did however force EA Sports to remove 13 other women from the game, which features 12 Women's National Teams for the first time in franchise history.

The NCAA informed EA Sports that 13 female student-athletes would risk their eligibility for collegiate athletics by being included in FIFA 16.

Quote from EA...

Quote:
We do not agree with this position. All rights were secured following standard protocol with national governing bodies and federations, and none of these NCAA student-athletes or potential student athletes were to be individually compensated by EA SPORTS for their inclusion in the game.

We believe this decision denies these 13 athletes the opportunity to represent their countries in the game, but we have removed them from FIFA 16 to ensure there is no risk to their eligibility.

The following players were removed from FIFA 16 because of the NCAA decision:
  • Kadeisha Buchanan, Canada
  • Jessie Fleming, Canada
  • Ashley Lawrence, Canada
  • Janine Beckie, Canada
  • Rebecca Quinn, Canada
  • Sura Yekka, Canada
  • Celia Jiménez, Spain
  • Tanya Samarzich, Mexico
  • Greta Espinoza, Mexico
  • Christina Murillo, Mexico
  • Amanda Perez, Mexico
  • Emily Alvarado, Mexico
  • Maria Sanchez, Mexico
Source - EA, Polygon

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SpritePuck @ 09/18/15 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
This is unfortunate, but the NCAA is being consistent with decade of video game experience. If your name is represented in a consumer product, it's a violation of the individuals NCAA eligibility. The NCAA wants to keep their game amateur and pure. I think it's reasonable even if it does punish us the gaming consumers.

Still the NCAA is hypocritical as they pretend to be amateur while allowing schools to sign mega sportswear contracts and make millions in merchandise. If they were consistent, the merchandising of the schools for profit would be illegal too.
I agree accept that it is not consistent.(in video games maybe) Maroney doing all those Team USA gymnastics endorsements (McDonald's, Adidas and NBC to name a few) and commercials but now competing in NCAA is kinda bogus. She is just one example I could name ten to twenty. Some who were in college when they did it, like Rogers. I doubt they recieved no compensation for all those adds.

These girls in the game were not getting paid. They were not representing college sports. IDK I feel the NCAA shows favortism and is corrupt.

# 42 Bigman101 @ 09/18/15 06:44 PM
Why can't nba live look like Fifa. FIFA graphics looks great

# 43 sroz39 @ 09/19/15 08:28 AM
I applaud EA for continuing to dispute this. Who knows what will come of it, probably nothing, but they could have just removed the players and rolled over but they're doing their best to have these young women in the game.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 44 mrcultureshock @ 09/19/15 10:23 PM
This story shows clearly why NCAA is one of the most corrupt institutions that only care about how much money they can get out of these "student athletes".

# 45 KG @ 09/19/15 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I would also invite the International Olympic Committee to this dance. But I don't think I could choose amongst the three?.....all extremely worthy candidates.
It's not even close. FIFA is by far the most corrupt of these organizations. Between the slave labor, the selling of world cup sites, and their top guy being looked at for corruption they win in a landslide.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.