Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

So the Week 2 roster update has gone live. We don't know much about what changed because, well, EA hasn't said what did.

UPDATE: EA has posted a new blog with some of the updates to the roster and included a spreadsheet with all of the changes, including changes to depth charts and injuries for all 32 teams.

GOING UP
  • Tyrod Taylor, QB Buffalo Bills (+4 to 74 OVR)
  • James Jones, WR Green Bay Packers (+3 to 84 OVR)
  • Alex Smith, QB Kansas City Chiefs (+2 to 86 OVR)
  • Aqib Talib, CB, Denver Broncos (+1 to 91 OVR)
GOING DOWN
  • Jameis Winston, QB Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2 to 79 OVR)
  • Peyton Manning, QB Denver Broncos (-2 to 90 OVR)
  • Adrian Peterson, HB Minnesota Vikings (-2 to 93 OVR)
  • Kyle Long, RT Chicago Bears (-4 to 84 OVR)
What changes are you finding so far? OS user Find_the_Door has already noticed that Romo now has the "Clutch" trait, and Ben Roethlisberger has been given a ratings boost.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Find_the_Door @ 09/17/15 07:47 PM
Byron Maxwell down 84 > 83
DeMarco Murray down 94 > 92
Sam Bradford up 79 > 80

Joseph Randle 76 > 77 (huge spc increase)

Romo up to 94 only thing that was increased was awareness one point

Peyton down to 90 from 92

# 2 azdawgpound @ 09/17/15 07:49 PM
Mariota went up 2 points now an 80 overall after his perfect 4 td game.

# 3 briz1046 @ 09/17/15 08:01 PM
How has Steven Jackson gone UP from 82 to 83 since the game dropped ?no speed increase and no games played ?

# 4 Neto1978 @ 09/17/15 09:29 PM
is it possible to use a custom roster in the franchise mode? How?

# 5 GmenAllday @ 09/17/15 10:28 PM
Am i the only one that thinks its ridiculous to update ratings each week? Rating updates should be monthly anyone can have a bad/good week. Peyton down to 90 is ridiculous

# 6 charter04 @ 09/17/15 10:29 PM
These updates are silly. Why do they drop players or raise players just based on one week? So Murray gets no blocking and very few carries and his ratings drop? Same with AP.

I can maybe understand a guy like Mariota and Winston going up or down based on one game.

Alex Smith went up? Lol. Why? Tonight shows he's the same old Alex Smith.

And Randle got faster in week one? Lol

Just another reason EA's rosters are sub par at best.

# 7 bkrich83 @ 09/17/15 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
These updates are silly. Why do they drop plays or raise players just based on one week?
Quote:
Irony.

10 char.

# 8 charter04 @ 09/17/15 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Irony.

10 char.

How is that ironic? The point is he is who he is. Stats shouldn't cause a player to go up and down in ratings based on one week. There are a lot of factors that go into how a player gets stats.

At least they should base changes on 4 or 5 games instead of one.

# 9 bkrich83 @ 09/17/15 10:38 PM
Quote:
How is that ironic? The point is he is who he is. Stats shouldn't cause a player to go up and down in ratings based on one week. There are a lot of factors that go into how a player gets stats.

At least they should base changes on 4 or 5 games instead of one.
Read what you wrote. If you can't see the contradiction, i don't know what to tell you.

# 10 charter04 @ 09/17/15 10:45 PM
Quote:
Read what you wrote. If you can't see the contradiction, i don't know what to tell you.

Fair enough. If you don't get my point there is no reason to try and explain it.

How ever I came across I think week to ratings changes are silly. Just my opinion.

# 11 snc237 @ 09/17/15 10:47 PM
Quote:
Ya I'm a little lost on this myself however im okay with weekly rosters updates. He will go back down week 2. I think at the end of the year this system gets us the most accurate ratings

# 12 bkrich83 @ 09/17/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
Ya I'm a little lost on this myself however im okay with weekly rosters updates. He will go back down week 2. I think at the end of the year this system gets us the most accurate ratings
Agreed. It all evens out.

# 13 jackrubay @ 09/17/15 11:03 PM
Dang, you guys are a bunch of whining babies. If a players steadily goes up or down during a season, EA follows the trend. This is one thing they do right, for God's sake. Are you telling me that if one of your rookie players has a breakout game, you don't want them to receive any type of recognition?

# 14 oneamongthefence @ 09/17/15 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrubay
Dang, you guys are a bunch of whining babies. If a players steadily goes up or down during a season, EA follows the trend. This is one thing they do right, for God's sake. Are you telling me that if one of your rookie players has a breakout game, you don't want them to receive any type of recognition?
I think the biggest issue is that these rating changes are just reactionary. However I think these are used mainly for online and supposed to reflect their skill or rating for that particular week. I would say that a trend needs to be set for huge rating boosts and a plus 1 or 2 rating doesn't really change things.

This is not a test.

# 15 charter04 @ 09/17/15 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrubay

Very helpful post. Calling names is a good way to give an opinion that helps add to a discussion.

So basically giving an opinion that disagree's with something is being a "whining baby"? Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 16 charter04 @ 09/17/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think the biggest issue is that these rating changes are just reactionary. However I think these are used mainly for online and supposed to reflect their skill or rating for that particular week. I would say that a trend needs to be set for huge rating boosts and a plus 1 or 2 rating doesn't really change things.

This is not a test.

And I guess I should clarify my issue with it. I don't have as much issue with things being changed that are pretty clear from week to week. Like if a QB clearly has a weaker arm than was assumed going into the season.

Or a rookie like Mariota that clearly might be better than we thought.

My biggest issue is the physical ratings changing from week to week. Randle should not have received a speed increase IMO. And I'm a Cowboys fan.

Also Murray and Peterson getting bumps just for an unproductive one week. Seemed to be more about the bad OL play and lack of carries.

I guess I would just like to know what the changes are based on.

I hope I can post this without being labeled a "whining baby" by some. Lol

I should have said, "awesome! Thanks EA!" Lol

# 17 DoubleZ_3 @ 09/18/15 12:44 AM
Okay...we saw AP drag the entire defense twice right ? He hasn't played for over a year. He goes down?

Completely disagree. Horrible change Imo

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

# 18 DoubleZ_3 @ 09/18/15 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmenAllday
Am i the only one that thinks its ridiculous to update ratings each week? Rating updates should be monthly anyone can have a bad/good week. Peyton down to 90 is ridiculous
Aside from today. Peyton was 6 td 7 int his last 7 games. 75 QBR. It was deserved.

# 19 DoubleZ_3 @ 09/18/15 12:46 AM
Quote:
These updates are silly. Why do they drop players or raise players just based on one week? So Murray gets no blocking and very few carries and his ratings drop? Same with AP.

I can maybe understand a guy like Mariota and Winston going up or down based on one game.

And Randle got faster in week one? Lol

Just another reason EA's rosters are sub par at best.
Alex Smith is good,Denver has the best defense in the league in my opinion. Smith just had one bad throw and one insane int by Talib. I don't knock him this game, I knock Charles for the careless fumbles.

# 20 charter04 @ 09/18/15 12:52 AM
I was wrong about Joseph Randle. His speed is exactly the same as the last roster update. 87. I should have checked instead of going by second hand info. My mistake. He did get a bumb from the pre season roster to week one. 83 to 87

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.