Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K today unveiled the NBA 2K16 and Spike Lee Joint, MyCAREER: The Whole Story trailer. Players can expect a complex and unique journey on their path from high school to college to NBA stardom. This trailer also showcases this year's NBA 2K16’s MyCAREER experience, including fully customizable courts, player connections and additional innovative features.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 champ1997 @ 09/18/15 05:01 PM
This is Dope

# 122 Sinner @ 09/18/15 05:10 PM
Wow 2k, loved this video..would love to get a written blog on this though cause I'm still here like how many college teams in this thing? I want more info..but right now I'll just ..

Spoiler

# 123 I Djm @ 09/18/15 05:15 PM
2016 i might quit life, what is a sun again?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 124 I Djm @ 09/18/15 05:20 PM
Attachment 106523 im a full fledged fanboy now.

# 125 I Djm @ 09/18/15 05:22 PM
Attachment 106525

# 126 LeBlonde James @ 09/18/15 05:22 PM
Can't wait! Any news on if the college games will be by halves or quarters? Would be cool if we had an option to choose by halves and quarters in quick play etc. With ya know...created teams

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 127 VDusen04 @ 09/18/15 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hargroverichie
Can't wait! Any news on if the college games will be by halves or quarters? Would be cool if we had an option to choose by halves and quarters in quick play etc. With ya know...created teams
I'm actually quite interested in the college details as well, particularly after seeing a Michigan school pop up as a possibility. Does anyone know if a blog was planned for this mode? Contrary to previous weeks, this week's reveal has felt really patchy and confusing. As in, I see parts of really cool things but I've struggled to get a real feel for much of any of it.

# 128 SportsFanatic10 @ 09/18/15 05:25 PM
All of this really makes me wanna give MyCareer another shot. But if the gameplay isn't good enough (teammates not playing like themselves and forcing you to score 40 pts a night to win, etc) then unfortunately I'll probably lose interest again quickly. I really wish that 2k had it where you could edit gameplay sliders if you want to just play offline. They could then take away the option to play in ProAM or whatever online for those of us who don't care about that. And the ones who want to play online can play without slider adjustments since they're so worried about VC earnings.

# 129 deebo2246 @ 09/18/15 05:33 PM
I'm over here dreaming about the 'what ifs' of College Hoops and NFL 2K. Man I miss those games, but this right here has probably put the nail in the coffin for the other game. Now I see why they waited until the last second to release the info... Sports GOTY GUARANTEED!!!

# 130 I Djm @ 09/18/15 06:05 PM
Dudes this 2k may actually win an actual GOTY 2016 is the year great time to be gamer/film lover/anime lover christ

# 131 eko718 @ 09/18/15 06:06 PM
My suspicion with the college teams is that the current NBA rookies will be on their respective college teams with you and that's crazy. It kind of has to be that way anyway doesn't it? Since your MyPlayer is always a part of the current season rookie draft.

So that means Kelly Oubre and Cliff Alexander should be on that Kansas team. Does this also mean you play against some of these guys in high school??

# 132 kadzier @ 09/18/15 07:10 PM
Wow this looks freakin amazing!

Still some questions, as other people have said-- how much of high school and college do we get to play? And also, how do the drills work with respect to attributes-- do we get to improve individual attributes like before or are we still stuck with that flawed "bucket" system?

# 133 RyanJS08 @ 09/18/15 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
My suspicion with the college teams is that the current NBA rookies will be on their respective college teams with you and that's crazy. It kind of has to be that way anyway doesn't it? Since your MyPlayer is always a part of the current season rookie draft.

So that means Kelly Oubre and Cliff Alexander should be on that Kansas team. Does this also mean you play against some of these guys in high school??
My guess is that it would probably be created/generated players, BUT when I saw a screenshot of the Kansas squad I got a closer look and could have sworn one of the players resembled Kelly Oubre, could be wrong though. Hopefully you're right and that is the case.

# 134 Taer @ 09/18/15 07:15 PM
From reading the SI article, the College experience is just to place you in the upcoming draft.

With that in mind, at best I suspect it will be a mini-tournament. At worst I suspect it would be 1 game like the Rising Star game played in 2k14.

# 135 LeBronistheKing @ 09/18/15 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
From reading the SI article, the College experience is just to place you in the upcoming draft.

With that in mind, at best I suspect it will be a mini-tournament. At worst I suspect it would be 1 game like the Rising Star game played in 2k14.
I'm pretty sure it's a few games. Which I am truly grateful for as is.

# 136 Hopsin @ 09/18/15 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJS08
My guess is that it would probably be created/generated players, BUT when I saw a screenshot of the Kansas squad I got a closer look and could have sworn one of the players resembled Kelly Oubre, could be wrong though. Hopefully you're right and that is the case.

Going back to look at it, it does kinda resemble Kelly and Cliff. So maybe?

Also to the guy who asked about halves. I don't think that'll be correct. On this screen of the Kansas court it looks like it says 6 mins, but who knows.

# 137 King_B_Mack @ 09/18/15 08:55 PM
Excited as I still may be about this mode, I am a little bit bummed about this.

All well and good. I'm too geeked for college ball to be in the game. Not sure about the courts they're gonna have in the game though.

That's a pretty big difference in arenas there. Only thing I can think of is that I think I remember that it'd be flashbacks of your high school and college playing days so they've got old courts?

# 138 getzmunney @ 09/18/15 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Excited as I still may be about this mode, I am a little bit bummed about this.

All well and good. I'm too geeked for college ball to be in the game. Not sure about the courts they're gonna have in the game though.

That's a pretty big difference in arenas there. Only thing I can think of is that I think I remember that it'd be flashbacks of your high school and college playing days so they've got old courts?
They are allowing us to play college games in which determine our draft stock... I'll think you'll be fine. Lol

# 139 Td1984 @ 09/18/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
IDK if anyone said anything yet but uhh how will the family and stuff work? like if someone is a different race will that also show up in parents. Would awkward for an Asian person to have Black parents.
"Son, your mother and I have something to tell you..."

Anyway, this is how my MyCourt will look (pretty much)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnyf5cLvOsM

# 140 Nza @ 09/18/15 09:28 PM
Can't wait to see how the college days play out. Here's hoping it's not just a glossed over part but indepth and fun. The whole 'top of the college world to unproven NBA rookie' thing could be great.

If it pans out, props to 2K for the work that would have enabled it - the courage to sit back and really ask what this mode should be like and not just going with the status quo, negotiations with the colleges to make it happen, the emphasis on story etc. It's good to see a sports game developer not being lazy, even if they don't quite get it right this time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.