Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 shooting guards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

UPDATE: Mike Stauffer is posting more point guard ratings on his Twitter feed, here they are below.
  • Lou Williams - (Overall Rating - 80)
  • Kyle Korver - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Khris Middleton - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • J.J. Redick - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Joe Johnson - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Jamal Crawford - (Overall Rating - 79)
  • Manu Ginobili - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Eric Gordon - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Tony Allen - (Overall Rating - 78)
  • Avery Bradley - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Danny Green - (Overall Rating - 77)
  • Rodney Stuckey - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • J.R. Smith - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Gerald Green - (Overall Rating - 76)
  • Arron Afflalo - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Iman Shumpert - (Overall Rating - 75)
  • Lance Stephenson - (Overall Rating - 74)
  • Jeremy Lamb - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Tim Hardaway Jr. - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Marco Belinelli - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Kentavious Caldwell Pope - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Ben McLemore - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Austin Rivers - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Mario Hezonja - (Overall Rating - 73)
  • Vince Carter - (Overall Rating - 72)
  • Justin Anderson - (Overall Rating - 71)
  • Jordan Adams - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Archie Goodwin - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • E'Twaun Moore - (Overall Rating - 70)
  • Rashad Vaughn - (Overall Rating - 69)
  • Joseph Young - (Overall Rating - 68)
Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/18/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I watched a lot of Bucks (love their defense and the team in general. Can't wait to see them this year). But clearly I didn't watch as much of them as you.

I stand corrected. My bad. I was wrong.
It's all good lol. Sorry if I came across as rude or anything; I think I've just gotten annoyed with sites like ESPN listing Middleton as a PF and various writers saying Milwaukee now has a log jam at SF and nobody to play SG.

# 62 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Klay is a better scorer than Jimmy full stop. He's hands down the better shooter. He shoots a higher % on drives (9% better) and he's a better post up shooter.

And Butler isnt as good defensively.

The top wings in DRtg were;

1. Tony Allen
2. Khris Middleton
3. Andre Iguodala
4. Kawhi Leonard
5. Klay Thompson
16th Butler

With Butler on the floor Chicago gave up 0.1 more points per 100 possessions than they do when he's benched. They allow a better eFG% when Butler is on the floor and they allow the exact same amount of assisted field goals when Butler is on the floor as they do when he's sitting.

With Klay on the floor Golden State give up 2.1 points less per 100 possessions than they do when he's benched. The opponents eFG% is worse and they don't allow as many assisted field goals.

The numbers say Klay is better defensively and in terms of scoring. However... I do think there's a very solid argument to be made for Butler being better. I think Butler is a better ball hander (clearly). I actually think Butler is better defensively than the numbers give him credit for simply due to his versatility, he's a little stronger which allows him to guard stronger SFs like LeBron which Klay can do to an extent but not nearly as well.

However, you're selling Klay short thinking all he does is shoot 3's. That's not true in the slightest. Klay is the best 3 and D player in the league behind Middleton (IMO) but he can score in a variety of ways. I think his other scoring ability is completely underrated. He's a true shooting guard.

http://youtu.be/GwN9kfrT8Ak

http://youtu.be/-bspe0hlJns

I wouldn't mind if Butler and Klays overall was switched around. But I don't think it's a clear cut X is better than Y. It's pretty damn close.

I never underrated Klay tho , he does a lot of good things just some not as good as Jimmy . Scoring from a shooting stand point he's def better than Jimmy but in terms of getting to the basket Jimmy is better . Never said he wasn't good in that area just not better than Jimmy at it . He's not s better rebounder than Jimmy , I don't think he has a motor from a stamina aspect as Jimmy either . I have him as the third best SG because of his disappearing act in the finals . Also on the defensive thing , The Bulls defense wasn't that great last season . Klay has some of he best defenders next to him with Iggy / Bogut/ Green . Who helping Is Jimmy butler , def not Taj who was playing with a torn ligaments in his ankle and Noah who was playing with a bum knee looking like a shell of his dpoty self .

# 63 I Djm @ 09/18/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
People acting like Jimmy wasn't shooting 46% FG and .378 % 3pt lol only really stat like Klay was better than Jimmy was the 3 ball . Jimmy beat him in passing / Rebounding / Steals / FTA and Klays defense is nice but as far as wings go Jimmy is the 3rd best wing defender in the league behind Leonard and Allen. Iggy was guarding Bron in the finals not Klay .

Also noted Jimmy is a better ball handler
What about kwahi?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 64 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Butler can't shoot it like klay. Was just saying klay has good defense. Didn't say butler sucks at d. Just talking about klay man.

And it's a 1 pt difference...clearly klay can hit the 3 ball better.
That's great. Definitely a big part of basketball. So is scoring within the 3 point line and getting to the foul line. Two things Butler does a much better job at.

# 65 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
What about kwahi?

He's a SF , though if he was a SG just like this current convo it would be a three team race for 2nd best SG . He would be the better defender out of the bunch tho .

# 66 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
Getting to the basket, Jimmy is better purely because of his handles. Klays handles leave a lot to be desired (I'm hoping Nash helps him out with this)

Finishing at the basket, Klay is better. 9% better according to mathematical fact.

What's the sample size of that 9% tho ? Prob not as big as Jimmy seeing Klay is s more perimeter orientated player .

# 67 I Djm @ 09/18/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
What about him ? He's a SF , though if he was a SG just like this current convo it would be a three team race for 2nd best SG . He would be the better defender out of the bunch tho .
You said wing defenders, Jimmy plays the 3 at times dont know if he will in the new system tho

# 68 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/18/15 03:56 PM
Quote:
You said wing defenders, Jimmy plays the 3 at times dont know if he will in the new system tho

I listed him in that post ........ His last name is Leonard and I ranked Jimmy 3rd behind them personally . Last season Bulls defense was underwhelming outside of Jimmy and Paus blocks .

# 69 I Djm @ 09/18/15 03:57 PM
Quote:
I listed him in that post ........ His last name is Leonard
Lol oh my bad

# 70 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 04:08 PM
Quote:
He's a SF , though if he was a SG just like this current convo it would be a three team race for 2nd best SG . He would be the better defender out of the bunch tho .
Kawhi>>>> Klay and Butler imo.

# 71 Carboncoms @ 09/18/15 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syco_G
No they shouldn't. Klay is a far better shooter and more efficient scorer than Jimmy Butler. Both are good defenders. Also unlike Jimmy Butler last year wasn't Klay's only good season.

Why does it matter that Butlers best season by far was last year? The only thing that shows me that he has continually made massive improvements as a player and that he can be expected to make that jump again this year. Klay is definitely a better shooter but you have to look at the context of stars. Klay played next to the best shooter of all time and obviously while he's already a great shooter that still helped him. Butler was the primary option while playing the other teams best perimeter player every night and also played 38 MPG. Basically he had to work harder for his shots and he was more tired than Klay was while taking his shots. I have no doubt Butler could put up better numbers in GS than he does in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 72 Carboncoms @ 09/18/15 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberttmc
now compare it by minutes, not by game
Minutes absolutely matter. Of course Klay is going to be more efficient. He's playing 32 MPG while Butler is playing 38 MPG.

# 73 Sundown @ 09/18/15 04:25 PM
Again, very nice 2K. You had Harden one point higher than I would have (actually 2 because of my personal distain for him), and one point higher for Klay as well, but solid job.

Wade seems to be a bit high because of a legacy bump, but it's nothing close to the travesty at #5.

Solid job with two positions so far.

# 74 Carboncoms @ 09/18/15 04:28 PM
Quote:
What about kwahi?

He said Leonard in the post. I assume that's referring to his last name.

# 75 I Djm @ 09/18/15 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboncoms
He said Leonard in the post. I assume that's referring to his last name.

Yea i read it but i was tripping lol too much stress right now smh

# 76 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 04:30 PM
Quote:
Yea i read it but i was tripping lol too much stress right now smh

It's only 1 OVR! Eat a snickers!

# 77 Dangerzone_5 @ 09/18/15 04:31 PM
Solid ratings. No complaints here.

# 78 Sundown @ 09/18/15 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Whoa, Klay's rating is a bit too high for a guy who only score 5 points in the last game of the finals(even though he did hit a huge 3 late in the game).
Well if winning Finals MVP can't get you above 80, not exactly fair for one bad Finals game to tank your rating then is it?

# 79 Mauer4MVP @ 09/18/15 04:36 PM
I wonder if Mike Stauffer is going to take people's requests like last night?

It seems like they're letting their team really shine with revealing little by little which is pretty cool.

# 80 I Djm @ 09/18/15 04:38 PM
Quote:
I listed him in that post ........ His last name is Leonard and I ranked Jimmy 3rd behind them personally . Last season Bulls defense was underwhelming outside of Jimmy and Paus blocks .
Yea the team fell off you could tell something was off

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.