Home
PES 2016 News Post

We're taking the Milan Derby through its paces in both PES and FIFA in online action. This is obviously our PES version of the classic rivalry.

There are some time stamps below the video on YouTube (and many thoughts on the game) to hopefully help you in your viewing.

Also feel free to Subscribe to our YouTube channel while over there.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ChaseB @ 09/18/15 01:41 PM
Posting the time stamps and thoughts on the game in this post as well just for people to read separately if they want.

0:37 -- Just a nice little run by the outside midfielder. He gets a good through ball but the defender makes a really nice sliding stop to clear it for a corner.

1:46 -- Weird moment here where it's almost like I won the ball before slide tackling and then just annihilated the player. Feels like there should be a foul, but I think the game assumes I already has possession.

2:37 -- Really bad turnover, and I'm just too excited with manual shooting on to finish it.

4:39 -- Nice sequence here as I'm looking for a shooting lane, and a perfectly timed sliding tackle takes away any chance I had.

6:44 -- This subtle aspect of PES always needs some love. You don't need to do a move or anything to get around a player, it's just a basic movement on the control sticks and allows you perfect control to duck around the oncoming tackler.

7:38 -- Really nice save of a finesse shot after a wild throw.

9:52 -- Nice sequence to open up an A.C. Milan attack but just can't corral the early cross.

10:30 -- Foul after the slide tackle challenge, and a yellow card.

13:02 -- Montolivo with a nice standing tackle right at midfield and leads to a counter opportunity that's blocked away.

13:14 -- Just want to quickly say I don't think the gameplay camera does any justice to how good the graphics are in this game. The replays show off how insanely realistic a lot of these players look, but the gameplay camera makes the game look mediocre at best.

14:32 -- Cool little moment where an Inter player will run up calling for the pass and then it goes nowhere near him so he falls down trying to change direction.

17:56 -- Long-distance rip that just goes wide.

18:55 -- Easily the wildest and coolest sequence of the game as both teams are going hard after it through the midfield, leaving each side open to counters. This ends in a wild double-save sequence before the third shot somehow doesn't cross the goal line.

20:04 -- Heartbreak here for Inter as the fresh sub puts some pressure on the defense, forcing a bad back pass. The goalie tries to save it from being a corner, and it leads to an easy goal in stoppage time.

# 2 ps3veron @ 09/18/15 02:18 PM
Thanks Chase for these! As an ex PES/switched to FIFA player I am tempted to turn back, so
Let me ask you, for online h2h what do you prefer? Give it to me straight bro!

# 3 ChaseB @ 09/18/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Thanks Chase for these! As an ex PES/switched to FIFA player I am tempted to turn back, so
Let me ask you, for online h2h what do you prefer? Give it to me straight bro!
I really think you can't go wrong with either if you're playing friends. I'm having an absolute blast with both with "sim" people I know.

For regular online matches, it's honestly still pretty hard for me to find people to go up against in PES. I think part of it is because there's so many splintered smaller online communities because you can search for all sorts of different online matches. So it's taking me some time to find matches when I head on, which is not good. On top of that, how the team selection works means you run up against Barcelona or Real Madrid most of the time unless you're in MyClub.

With FIFA, obviously it's easy to find a match. The tactics aren't as deep, and while both games are a bit faster and more frenetic online, FIFA still is a little more hyperactive, which I consider a negative.

So my way to get out of this is, which gameplay style do you prefer? From there, is ease of finding matches important? Will you play myClub or real teams? Do you play friends or randoms? How you answer these should help.

As a personal preference, against friends -- in part because I have more who play FIFA -- I'm choosing FIFA still. For random matches (assuming I don't have to play Real all the time), I like PES more.

# 4 ps3veron @ 09/18/15 03:07 PM
Thank you so much! Awesome having you back here on OS!

# 5 KG @ 09/18/15 03:22 PM
You deserved the points. I hardly generated any attack until the end.

That double-save was insane. What was really cool is how it looked like Maicon pulled back his attempt to save it off-the-line. In hindsight I should have immediately played Palacio threw and shot far post. Got my angle all wrong on that backpass at the end. I put Handanovic in a bad spot and probably should have just conceded the corner and went home with a point.

Milan was red that day!

# 6 ps3veron @ 09/18/15 03:41 PM
Are you guys playing this on ps4 or Xbox?

# 7 ChaseB @ 09/18/15 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Are you guys playing this on ps4 or Xbox?
PS4 for this video.

# 8 Mad_Columbo @ 09/18/15 05:42 PM
Hey ChaseB, very nice work.
Were you and your opponent playing fully manual? Both games?

# 9 ChaseB @ 09/18/15 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Columbo
Hey ChaseB, very nice work.
Were you and your opponent playing fully manual? Both games?
I don't know what KG's settings were. I had Manual shooting, I had turned lead passing off of Manual though. So I think some element of passing was still at least semi-assisted.

# 10 KG @ 09/18/15 07:54 PM
I was on all manual for both games.

# 11 WaddupCouzin @ 09/18/15 09:59 PM
That was a helluva game! Wow, riveting football!

# 12 Mad_Columbo @ 09/19/15 06:10 AM
Can you guys give me a hint where to find players that play all manual? Or ist there some kind of a league? Would like to add some to my PSN list.

# 13 ChaseB @ 09/19/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Columbo
Can you guys give me a hint where to find players that play all manual? Or ist there some kind of a league? Would like to add some to my PSN list.
Yeah I would tell you if I knew. I'm sure people on here will play all-manual, but you just have to try and get people to gather up for it.

# 14 redblacks75 @ 10/02/15 08:13 AM
Looking forward to playing this one this exact matchup this weekend. Forza Milan!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.