Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 power forwards in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tt500 @ 09/20/15 03:28 PM
If only those years Pau Gasol was with Mike d'antoni wasn't wasted.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

# 22 Pokes404 @ 09/20/15 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Zbo and Millsap over Ibaka? Don't know about that.
Na, I'm a Thunder fan and have no problem with this. Ibaka's lack of post game and good-but-not-great rebounding ability hits his overall pretty hard. His shot blocking, athleticism, and jump shooting will get him up in the 80-83 range though. Millsap and Zbo have more rounded games overall, while Ibaka is a little more specialized. Utilize him correctly though and he should still be really effective.

# 23 J_Posse @ 09/20/15 05:55 PM
No big issue with the top 10 of this list although Duncan could either be moved to center (his actual position since '08) or lowered a little more. He still can show flashes of his former self (see '15 WC 1st Rd.) but overall he isn't as dominant as ten years ago.

I'll take the rating, though, and slide him over to center.

I also think Blake Griffin is on the cusp of being a truly elite player. Needs to continue to improve offensively, especially in the post where he is weak/awkward going over his right shoulder (I believe), defensively and get back to hitting the glass.

If the Blake of the Clippers/Spurs series emerges throughout the season he could conceivably win the MVP. He still has that level of talent or potential even with all he's already accomplished.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 24 da ThRONe @ 09/20/15 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Zbo and Millsap over Ibaka? Don't know about that.
Serge IMO is the most underrated player in the league.

# 25 da ThRONe @ 09/20/15 06:04 PM
Griffin is too low IMO. I think he's the best player at his position.

# 26 QNo @ 09/20/15 06:19 PM
The one thing I don't get is how current Dirk is an 84 OVR and 03 Dirk is an 85 OVR. I mean, Dirk was a straight monster back then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9FnsYUWsBI

# 27 DTHEGAWD @ 09/20/15 06:20 PM
What angers me is that prime Dirk Nowitzki is only an 85 when he's every bit as good if not better than Aldridge and Griffin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Serge IMO is the most underrated player in the league.
He was disappointing last year with KD injured he was expected to take more of an offensive burden. He lacks a post game and is an average rebounder.

# 28 ojandpizza @ 09/20/15 06:32 PM
Pretty solid list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 ojandpizza @ 09/20/15 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Griffin is too low IMO. I think he's the best player at his position.

His rebounding will be underrated for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 30 Chocolate Chip @ 09/20/15 06:34 PM
Duncan was listed as a center not PF
but other that no problems here

# 31 ZB9 @ 09/20/15 06:38 PM
Yea 03 Dirk being rated 85 is really absurd.

# 32 JazzMan @ 09/20/15 07:11 PM
Shouldn't Duncan be a center?

# 33 da ThRONe @ 09/20/15 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHEGAWD
What angers me is that prime Dirk Nowitzki is only an 85 when he's every bit as good if not better than Aldridge and Griffin.

He was disappointing last year with KD injured he was expected to take more of an offensive burden. He lacks a post game and is an average rebounder.
Did you watch Westbrook last year? Russ is a elite player but it's hard to do much of anything when the point guard plays like that.

# 34 Pokes404 @ 09/20/15 09:02 PM
Quote:

I'd say he's better than an average rebounder. He averaged 7.8 a game, which was tied for 29th in the NBA last season. Now, there are a lot of things to take into consideration beyond just rebounds per game, but anytime you're ahead of guys like Marc Gasol, Timofey Mozgov, and Al Horford, there's something to be said for that.

He's certainly not dominant on the boards, but "average" is probably going a little far.

# 35 Mauer4MVP @ 09/20/15 09:32 PM
Can't believe Kevin Love is so underrated after just one season.

# 36 JTheClip @ 09/20/15 09:43 PM
I believe dirk's rating was an 85 because 2ks formula never really valued shooting for a big man, He might have been a low rated player but was most definitely unstoppable in most iterations of the game

# 37 Real2KInsider @ 09/20/15 09:52 PM
Quote:
What angers me is that I've been saying for the last month that the "Hall of Fame rating system" is over-hyped marketing trash, due in part to YEARS of saying the PF formula is clear-cut garbage.

And here we are.

SHOOTING GUARDS
94 - Allen Iverson (2001)
88 - Joe Dumars (1989)
86 - Richard Hamilton (2004)
85 - Michael Cooper (1987)
84 - Byron Scott (1987)
82 - Larry Hughes (2007)

POWER FORWARDS
90 - Karl Malone (1998)
86 - Tim Duncan (1998)
85 - Dirk Nowitzki (2003)

Please please please someone tell me I'm wrong. Because I'm not. This is ****ing pathetic.

Edit: Regarding Griffin and Aldridge, their rebound/defense ratings will be stupid overrated per usual, par for the course when 2K wants a PF to have a high rating, because lying to your consumer over a 15-year period is more effective and an efficient use of everyone's time rather than spending like 6 hours re-working an ancient algorithm.

# 38 tt500 @ 09/20/15 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
What angers me is that I've been saying for the last month that the "Hall of Fame rating system" is over-hyped marketing trash, due in part to YEARS of saying the PF formula is clear-cut garbage.

And here we are.

SHOOTING GUARDS
94 - Allen Iverson (2001)
88 - Joe Dumars (1989)
86 - Richard Hamilton (2004)
85 - Michael Cooper (1987)
84 - Byron Scott (1987)
82 - Larry Hughes (2007)

POWER FORWARDS
90 - Karl Malone (1998)
86 - Tim Duncan (1998)
85 - Dirk Nowitzki (2003)

Please please please someone tell me I'm wrong. Because I'm not. This is ****ing pathetic.

Edit: Regarding Griffin and Aldridge, their rebound/defense ratings will be stupid overrated per usual, par for the course when 2K wants a PF to have a high rating, because lying to your consumer over a 15-year period is more effective and an efficient use of everyone's time rather than spending like 6 hours re-working an ancient algorithm.
What would be your workaround to the ratings than?

Dirk ratings makes some sense, being the best stretch 4, he isn't athletic and a decent defender. Even in his prime, what prob seperates the 03 dirk to the 15 dirk is badges.

# 39 AyeBruhChill @ 09/20/15 10:19 PM
Dirk has been Dirk his whole career. Decent d at his best and a decent rebounder. When you play like Dirk with Dirk (especially older MyTeam incarnations)

He is Ungardable. Bill Russell, Mutumbo, Pink Lebron etc, no one could guard him in 2k15. (I know this from experience.) He is too tall and he post shots and jumper is too easy to get to get perfect. But here's what made him unguardable:

In 2k15 Dirk has the shot creator badge which given his ratings made him unstoppable against natural bigs when used right. Shot creator is a perimeter badge so post lockdown D and (remember Bigs couldnt get lockdown perimeter badges) did nothing. All you had to do was tap Directional tap for the pull up and they'd get lost. And with his range, lethal.

So if 2k didn't "fix" this, those of you that are complaining about Dirks rating, be glad its at a 84.

# 40 Real2KInsider @ 09/20/15 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
What would be your workaround to the ratings than?

Dirk ratings makes some sense, being the best stretch 4, he isn't athletic and a decent defender. Even in his prime, what prob seperates the 03 dirk to the 15 dirk is badges.

2003 Dirk
25.6 PER
58 TS% on 27 USG% with 13 AST%
25 DRB% (career high) and 3 ORB%
1.8 STL% (career high) and 2.0 BLK%

2015 Dirk
19.6 PER (3rd worst)
56 TS% (2nd worst) on 25 USG% with 10 AST% (3rd worst)
20 DRB% (3rd worst) and 2 ORB% (2nd worst)
0.9 STL% (2nd worst) and 1.2 BLK% (WORST)

Dirk has nothing close to the mobility he once had and that is pretty clearly reflected by both stats and eye-balls.

I would have adjusted the PF formula 5-8 years ago and taken away the need for a "workaround". It's insane to me how a game company has a "workaround" for something as simple to fix as this. You can scan your face into the ****ing game, but an updated algorithm apparently requires knowledge of Quantum Physics.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.