Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 centers in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 noodlebombz @ 09/21/15 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzy129
Cousins is getting snubbed hard. Not sure if it's because of his bad personality or bad team but neither should have an impact on his 2k stats. He's the closest thing to Shaq since Shaq and the numbers show it. He was head and shoulders above the field of Centers last year.
Cousins doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Shaq

# 22 Rain723 @ 09/21/15 01:48 PM
I know it's nit picky since they are the same rating but it's laughable that Vucevic is listed ahead of Horford lol. And Broom Lopez is not an 83 anymore... More like a 79 or 80. Then again I don't know any of the individual attributes to really argue his rating

# 23 Wolf Ticket @ 09/21/15 01:49 PM
No other center has Cousins combination of athleticism and skill, he should be head and shoulders above the rest imo.

# 24 Rain723 @ 09/21/15 01:50 PM
*Brook Lopez my bad

# 25 Rain723 @ 09/21/15 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
No other center has Cousins combination of athleticism and skill, he should be head and shoulders above the rest imo.
Meh maybe not head and shoulders above Marc Gasol. But the two of them are head and shoulders above the rest. Marc Gasol is slightly better than cousins imo. But only slightly.

# 26 wendellangeloz @ 09/21/15 01:53 PM
My boy Vucci! Finally getting a rep he deserves! Since he doesn't seem to even be acknowledged by the fans or the media lol

Not sure if I agree with Whiteside being 80+ already, but as far as Centers go, I can't also really see anyone taking his spot so surely. Maybe Bogut or Gobert...

Wait, where in Noah??? I know he had the worst season since his rookie year but I still think he would be deserving of a spot here...

# 27 alabamarob @ 09/21/15 02:03 PM
Al Horford is a top 25 player in the league. Overall ratings never matter to me but he is way better then guys with comparable overalls. Its a reason he wins on every level.

# 28 trekfan @ 09/21/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain723
I know it's nit picky since they are the same rating but it's laughable that Vucevic is listed ahead of Horford lol. And Broom Lopez is not an 83 anymore... More like a 79 or 80. Then again I don't know any of the individual attributes to really argue his rating
Don't say that! I need to trade him to undo Billy King's abominations from years past! SSSSSSSHHHHH.

# 29 Dyslexicphish @ 09/21/15 02:12 PM
Cousins being mentioned with Shaq is a bit ridiculous. You're comparing him to one of, if not the, best centers of all time. Sure Cousins is athletic as hell but his numbers are a bit inflated due to his absurdly high usage rate It's far and away higher than the other top 5 centers on the 2k list. It's even higher then Lebron James's has ever been. Granted he scores more points but he also shot 47% from the field. For a center that is pretty mediocre (also the lowest of the top 5centers on the list). His assist numbers are pretty high (assisted on 20% of his teams makes) but his turnover numbers are even higher.

cmon bruh

# 30 Wolf Ticket @ 09/21/15 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso
Cousins has skills? yes a lot
Cousins has athleticism? no definitely not
He's athletic for a center

What center on this list can handle the ball and move like that?

# 31 stillfeelme @ 09/21/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
Cousins being mentioned with Shaq is a bit ridiculous. You're comparing him to one of, if not the, best centers of all time. Sure Cousins is athletic as hell but his numbers are a bit inflated due to his absurdly high usage rate It's far and away higher than the other top 5 centers on the 2k list. It's even higher then Lebron James's has ever been. Granted he scores more points but he also shot 47% from the field. For a center that is pretty mediocre (also the lowest of the top 5centers on the list). His assist numbers are pretty high (assisted on 20% of his teams makes) but his turnover numbers are even higher.

cmon bruh
Watching a highlight of Cousins skews people's perception. He can be dominant at times but he isn't all that efficient, shoots way, way too many jumpers. He shot 545 Jump shots for 31% according to BB reference in 59 games. 9 jumpers per game for a center jeez? Turns the ball over a ton commits a bunch of illegal screens, bad fouls some of this is he is getting targeted by refs but still.

# 32 CaseIH @ 09/21/15 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain816
Dwight is a 85.....i love this new rating system. The centers are really rated as they should be

Yeah it does seem to be more in line this year rating wise for all players. Always going to be opinioned based when it comes to fans, so wont ever make everyone happy, as you have both homers and haters out there that think they know, when they actually all full of hot air, or so I have noticed on sports forums,lol.

Definitely looking forward to the game coming out, after deciding to buy it early, so hope Im not disappointed with a ton od bugs an glitches, that's happen before, especially when a lot of new is added in like there has been with 16. Game does look good on the vids Ive seen, and I was happy last year overall with the game.

# 33 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 09/21/15 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjon22
Normally I would agree on the DJ part but the defensive end is just as important as the offensive end on the court. And when DJ was on the court. The Clippers defense were so much better. If we are going to give credit to the offensive minded players, we need to give the same amount of credit to the defensive ones as well.
Was it? I'd be curious to see the numbers that suggest that's the case; I remember when DPOY was being talked about that his detractors pointed out the defense was statistically better with him on the bench than they were with him on the court, and that while he blocked a lot of shots, he was only average in terms of rim protection numbers.

# 34 J-Clutch1 @ 09/21/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain723
Look at Lopez's stats post all-star break last season and during the playoffs. He has been performing at a high level.

# 35 CookNBA03 @ 09/21/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeBruhChill
I would have loved to see Valunciunus (Butchered his name) on this list ahead of Hassan. He is more athletic, better offensively and plays good defense.
Lol, did you see him defensively against Spain yesterday?

# 36 Vroman @ 09/21/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Lol, did you see him defensively against Spain yesterday?
He did better than Gobert ,not every point was on JV and some points scored when intensity was low due to game being over around mid 3rd quarter. On top condition Gasol can't be stopped by any center from NBA.

However there is a lot to learn for JV to be among best centers, its about time when he'll develop decent mid range shot (he already hits it here and there and good from FT) and he can beat at least bit weaker opponent in the post. On previous few international tournaments he was much worse , he made some leap last year imo.

# 37 CookNBA03 @ 09/21/15 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
He did better than Gobert ,not every point was on JV and some points scored when intensity was low due to game being over around mid 3rd quarter. On top condition Gasol can't be stopped by any center from NBA.
Be serious, dude really isn't better than Whiteside on either end of the floor. His pick and roll defense yesterday was laughable and it's even more laughable that no center in the league can stop Pau when we've seen otherwise.

# 38 Vroman @ 09/21/15 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Be serious, dude really isn't better than Whiteside on either end of the floor. His pick and roll defense yesterday was laughable and it's even more laughable that no center in the league can stop Pau when we've seen otherwise.
Didn't even put him in comparison with Whiteside and by pure skillset barely any bigman matches Pau Gasol , he aint in prime time but when games matter i'd take him over any most athletic center/pf in the league.

# 39 Wolf Ticket @ 09/21/15 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso
handle is skill, not athleticism. dude can't jump. his speed is alright but not fast.
I never said handle = athleticism, the gif was to showcase his combination of skill and athleticism...I'll ask again, simple question...What other center on the the list could put the ball on the floor go coast-to-coast, blow by their man and finish with authority like that?

I'm not saying he's an A1 athlete...Can smaller players keep up with him in the open floor?...Of course...Can other centers?...Most can't.

"speed is alright but not fast" It was fast enough to blow by the center trying to keep up with him...And that's what i'm comparing him to, other centers.

# 40 blingballa333 @ 09/21/15 03:14 PM
Where is Greg Ostertag? I for sure thought he would be top 10!

And what about Kwame Brown? He was a NUMBER 1 PICK 2k!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.