Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA 2K16 player ratings have been released for the top 10 centers in the game. 2K plans to release new Top 10's every day at 10:00 AM PST.

For those of you that may have missed it, Mike Stauffer, AKA Beds, posted an in-depth look at the changes to the NBA 2K16 ratings system about a month ago, you can read it here.

Previously released NBA 2K16 player ratings:

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 GM_Of_The_Year @ 09/21/15 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
I never said handle = athleticism, the gif was to showcase his combination of skill and athleticism...I'll ask again, simple question...What other center on the the list could put the ball on the floor go coast-to-coast, blow by their man and finish with authority like that?

I'm not saying he's an A1 athlete...Can smaller players keep up with him in the open floor?...Of course...Can other centers?...Most can't.

"speed is alright but not fast" It was fast enough to blow by the center trying to keep up with him...And that's what i'm comparing him to, other centers.
You can YouTube Drummond doing just that.

# 62 jcwkings @ 09/21/15 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso
nah you said he has skills and athleticism ... 6 of the center in that list have the same athleticism and that's close to 0,0! Cousins isn't athletic at all. he can barely jump 10 inches. he has loads of skills and power but zero athleticism. Dwight, Jordan, Whiteside, Drummond are the atletic guys. I think we just have another definition of the word athleticism. whatever
Yes, its seems your definition of athletic is strictly vertical jump. Cousins is deceptively athletic for a guy that is 6'11 280/290, and when you add the ball handling, footwork, skill, passing its even more impressive. His first step off the triple threat beats any other big in the game right now pretty easily. This is why he takes a lot of midrange jumpers( defenders tend to sag and concede that shot because they know he will take them off the dribble otherwise). Cousins best games aside from when he can just physically bully anyone they throw at him is when he is hitting the 20 ft jumper, if he is hitting that shot the other team is dead.

This was his most impressive game last season imo. As you can see he starts the game with some outside jumpers and in general has his way with Deandre and poor Hawes.

# 63 jcwkings @ 09/21/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
My boy Cuz getting the love he deserves!
He was 89 last season, he should have stayed the same when you consider his all around game. Best offensive center and solid defensively, beast on the boards. I think he and Marc should both be 89's with Cousins potentially cracking 90 this year while Marc imo just had his best season he will ever have last season.

# 64 YogurtProducer @ 09/21/15 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
Lol, did you see him defensively against Spain yesterday?
Yeah man no doubt. I am a Huge raptors fan but Hassan has Val beat in every area except post ups. Val may be one of the worst centers athletically as well, can barely dunk the ball

# 65 ClipsFanSince98 @ 09/22/15 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Cannot argue with Gasol & Cousins as top centers, but the ratings for Deandre Jordan who can only dunk, block and rebound or Whiteside is way too high.
DJ has a HUGE impact on an offense with rim runs/lobs/PNR. He has a huge impact on D (although overrated) as well. So while he's more specialized than say the Gasol's or Cousins, it doesn't mean he's not in the discussion. DJ was a top 10 WS/48 player at about .200 WS/48 which is elite player territory. Best efficiency in the NBA scoring wise, by far best rebounder in NBA and top 10 paint defender is hardly anything to scoff at.

# 66 ClipsFanSince98 @ 09/22/15 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakdol
Yes he is in any advanced stat, or defense. But I see you're a Heat fan so I can see why you prefer Whiteside.

Deandre Jordan is way overrated too, all he can do is dunking and rebounding.

Pretty bad list overall.

Envoyé de mon SM-N910C en utilisant Tapatalk
This argument is severely flawed. Al Jefferson probably has the most impressive skillset on the block in the NBA and it doesn't mean jack ****. Production+efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>style points any day. Just because DJ doesn't have post moves or a jumper doesn't take away from the fact that he has more impact than most centers in the league.

# 67 ClipsFanSince98 @ 09/22/15 12:13 AM
I know I'm ranting but I'm not sure how much basketball knowledge some here have beyond video games (I'm new here, 10 year veteran of basketball forums).

DJ: WS/48- .217 (6th best in NBA), Plus/minus of 4.1 (18th in NBA), Defensive plus/minus (10th best in NBA), VOR rating 4.3 (10th best in NBA), ORTG 126 (2nd best in NBA), DRTG 98.5 (7th best in NBA), 15 rpg (NBA leader by far, per minute leader+percentage leader as well). His EFG% shatters 2nd place Curry by 13 percent, TS% of nearly 64 percent (yes almost on pure dunks, let's penalize for the most efficient shot in basketball).

Efficiency trumps everything in basketball and DJ is elite in every efficiency metric nearly. Nevermind that he's the ironman of the NBA and has played something like 500 straight games and almost never turns the ball over. Basically people want to penalize him for dominating at what he's good at and not doing what he isn't? Lol. Yes... he can't be a great player until he starts shooting 18 footers and doing the Dream Shake.

# 68 dirk.93 @ 09/22/15 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Andre Drummon?

2K, the man is a beast on D! Got to give him that extra letter!

Otherwise, solid ratings.
what? Drummond is way too overrated. Bogut should be higher than him, he is always underrated.

# 69 ATLBrayden @ 09/22/15 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk.93
what? Drummond is way too overrated. Bogut should be higher than him, he is always underrated.
Don't really care to watch Warriors or Pistons game but looking at the stat sheets... what?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

I'm not really a stat guy, maybe you can tell me more but looking at that I see Drummond leads in PPG, BPG, SPG, RPG and has less TOPG in their normal minutes and in per 36. He has a better FG% (worse FT% though), TS%, and PER.

Bogut leads in FT% and APG from what I can tell, just skimmed through it and looked for the main stuff though.

# 70 Bulletproof86 @ 09/22/15 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
Cannot argue with Gasol & Cousins as top centers, but the ratings for Deandre Jordan who can only dunk, block and rebound or Whiteside is way too high.

this is their job as a center!!! fool

# 71 chronoxiong @ 09/22/15 10:54 PM
I like it and find it accurate. I do think Deandre Jordan is rated too high for being offensively challenged though. And poor Whiteside doesn't play enough minutes so I don't know if his rating is accurate or not.

# 72 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 12:25 AM
I think yall are forgetting that with the new rating system a rebounder can be rated accordingly to how good of a rebounder he is. Jordan is pretty accurately rated, statistically he's the best rebounder and a top 5 post defender in the league. Sure he doesn't offer much offensively but he isn't rated as an offensive player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 73 ojandpizza @ 09/23/15 12:27 AM
Cousins will be a 90 soon enough, I would think so anyways. The only guy I watched all year last year who consistently commanded double and triple help coverage inside. Rebounds well, passes decently enough, was a better defender than years past.

# 74 jrock920 @ 09/23/15 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof86
this is their job as a center!!! fool
it would be nice if they can shoot midrange and have some post moves

# 75 Taer @ 09/23/15 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
If Duncan was listed at his true position of Center, he'd be at the top of this list.
There are positional mistakes on every list and for some key vets, this will be a challenge for the ai logic algorithms, especially if line-ups are forced to reflect reality differed than primary position given by 2K.

For league, gm and career modes this worries me the most. For online non-league modes I'm not sure this is as big a concern.

# 76 ClipsFanSince98 @ 09/24/15 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I think yall are forgetting that with the new rating system a rebounder can be rated accordingly to how good of a rebounder he is. Jordan is pretty accurately rated, statistically he's the best rebounder and a top 5 post defender in the league. Sure he doesn't offer much offensively but he isn't rated as an offensive player.

Not exactly. DJ arguably adds more impact on the offensive end than defense where he's overrated a tad bit. You are right about other stuff but don't under sell his offensive impact. JJ Redick personally said DJ has more of an impact on his scoring than ANYONE on the team including CP3 and Griffin. DJ forces entire defenses to defend the lob and collapse when he cuts. Never mind the legendary efficiency finishing AND being the best screener in the league.

# 77 ClipsFanSince98 @ 09/24/15 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock920
it would be nice if they can shoot midrange and have some post moves
Who do you want him taking away possessions from to shoot a jumper or go iso in the post? Blake who's now a high volume 40 percent shooter from mid? DJ's offense is specialized for a reason in large part. The team doesn't want or need him shooting jumpers or posting up. It needs him doing the dirty work and scoring easy dunks on cuts and PNR

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.