Home
NHL 16 News Post

NHL 16 patch 1.03 is available now, weighing it at just over 2GB. According to the patch notes on the PlayStation 4, it improves online game performance and crash issues. If we get any additional details, we will update this post.

UPDATE: Currently the patch is only available for the PlayStation 4. Once it is released for Xbox One users, we will update this post.

UPDATE #2: (9/25) The patch is now available for Xbox One users.

Let us know what you are seeing.

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 radox71 @ 09/21/15 06:04 PM
Where are the release notes?

# 2 brandon27 @ 09/21/15 07:43 PM
2gb? Jeez. The size of some of these patches is crazy.

# 3 redslumber @ 09/21/15 08:04 PM
Hope they patched up the menus in Be A GM. The lag is atrocious, and I have to press a button multiple times in order for it to register.

# 4 stevostl @ 09/21/15 08:05 PM
I'm playing now after update

completely different game now online in the EASHL

no more input lag and changes the game significantly imo

the game is twice as good now

great update!

# 5 MizzouRah @ 09/21/15 08:15 PM
Is it out for XB1? I think mine downloads automatically.. as the Madden patch did.. but just wanted to check as I didn't see any popup tonight.

# 6 stevostl @ 09/21/15 08:37 PM
I believe the update only addresses online play and input lag mainly for the EASHL

crash issues and boy does it.. the game is completely different now in the EASHL and WAY better. feels and plays great now

it feels like a new game to me... keep in mind I have only played this game online in the EASHL since it came out last tues night. I have logged around 30 games... all in the EASHL and this update has just made twice as addicting and 0 input lag now

# 7 Toastillicus @ 09/21/15 08:57 PM
Darn was hoping it would address my Left Wing being coached to win more faceoffs

# 8 NDIrishRangers78 @ 09/21/15 09:03 PM
Is this coming out for Xbox one? I didn't get any prompts when I just turned on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 9 cmc2of3 @ 09/21/15 09:30 PM
Had that feeling you get where you think your shiny new toy is now working.... Until that sad feeling takes its place when you realize offline got no love and the wait resumes to see if another patch will be made.

# 10 mjavon @ 09/21/15 09:41 PM
Hopefully it fixes some matchmaking issues... I have yet to get into an EASHL or OTP game.

# 11 bonannogiovanni @ 09/21/15 09:47 PM
Played 2 periods offline, no more framerate stutters at low gamespeed. Hope it's not placebo.....

# 12 T5063 @ 09/21/15 10:11 PM
cumulative goal totals in BeAGM mode still not in.

# 13 Reaper079 @ 09/22/15 12:00 AM
EASHL does seem different. Puck control seemed a bit more consistent and actually being able to hold onto the puck for more than 2 seconds. Not sure if they actually changed anything other than fixing lag but my games tonight definitely played differently from last night for the better.

# 14 Boozers @ 09/22/15 12:13 AM
Ive been freezing more since I ever did before the patch.

I dont get it. I hope it doesn't continue

# 15 schlitz73 @ 09/22/15 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Played 2 periods offline, no more framerate stutters at low gamespeed. Hope it's not placebo.....
Weird part is, I lowered the game speed from the start and only had one game with the stuttering. They still need to fix that though because it is really tough to play like that.

# 16 physicx @ 09/22/15 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlitz73
Weird part is, I lowered the game speed from the start and only had one game with the stuttering. They still need to fix that though because it is really tough to play like that.
Played 3 games in GM mode with the game speed set to 1 since the patch installed, haven't had any dropped frames or stuttering. I'm really surprised at this

# 17 BleacherCreature @ 09/22/15 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by physicx
Played 3 games in GM mode with the game speed set to 1 since the patch installed, haven't had any dropped frames or stuttering. I'm really surprised at this

This is promising.

# 18 bad_philanthropy @ 09/22/15 09:18 AM
Can confirm the frame rate problem seems fixed across the board.

# 19 adayinthelife @ 09/22/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Can confirm the frame rate problem seems fixed across the board.
Yep, same here. Previously I'd get stuttering at any speed under 3. Seems all good now for me as well. Odd they wouldn't acknowledge this in the patch notes.

# 20 canuck97 @ 09/22/15 02:22 PM
Does anyone know further details concerning the Xbox patch release date? Thanks in advance!

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.